Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

lowest NES serial number

Apr 4, 2007 at 2:26:54 AM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Hey, this is my first post, and I thought I'd ask and see about who has the lowest serial number on their NES. I am somewhat of a historian, and I want to see if anyone has an NES that was among the first 50,000 released in New York. Here is my low serial number:

N0481951

I also thought it would be cool to do a registry where we can submit our numbers, and give a brief history of where your NES came from or any other history.

BTW, are the NES decks numerically ordered (was there a NES with N00001 S/N?)

Apr 4, 2007 at 2:29:50 AM
Nistle (94)
(Dustin Lett) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
Im not real sure how the serial numbers work, but welcome to the forums. Always good to see new members.

-------------------------

NES Collection: 83.73% Completed

Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Apr 4, 2007 at 2:53:28 AM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Thank you for the kind welcome! Nice collection, by the way. I have a question. what do you reccommend first when starting up a collection. Should I get the higher priced stuff first, or get as many cheap games as possible? Thanks

Apr 4, 2007 at 3:39:10 AM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
would depend on what kind of funds you have and if your more interestd in collecting or playing. If you want a lot of games to play I would buy the cheaper ones. If your wanting to work for a complete collection I would grab up the rares when I had a chance..And my biggest piece of advise from the way I built my collection is if your going for complete games dont buy a ton of loose carts unless you can get them dirt cheap..as in the boxes and manuals arent that easy to find apart from the games. I got the games all loose than decided to go for a complete collection. I think I ended up costing myself more money in the long run doing it that way

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Apr 4, 2007 at 6:03:49 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Welcome! I think the S/N's were somewhat sequential, and I recall someone that had posted on another forum a pretty low S/N (under 100,000). I've got one that is around 1 million, and another few that are at 9 mil and 25 mil. I may have to check my boxed systems now that I'm curious!

As for collecting, I did what wrldstrman did and had carts first, then added boxes and manuals. The only way I would recommend this is if you have an ebay store to where you can constantly flip inventory and acquire items you need. Otherwise, I'd buy them CIB, and even then, I'd be very picky about quality so that you aren't spending a fortune like a lot of us on having to mint-up your collection later on. If you're patient, you can go this route on the cheap for about 80% of the games.

-Dain

Apr 4, 2007 at 8:23:52 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
This serial # idea is really cool. I know we talked about it a few days ago via email but it makes me wonder what mine is. I will check after work and post it to this thread. I wonder how much the first NES would fetch, lol?
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Apr 4, 2007 at 1:24:38 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Mine are all in the Millions. The lowest number I have is 4.99 mil. My top loader is even 1 million.

Apr 4, 2007 at 3:45:34 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words. this site is really cool! i submitted the registry idea on the nintendo.com forums, and they all were like "what a stupid idea" and "whats the point?" I am presuming, of course, that the nintendo.com site is all full of 13 year old kids, though. anyway, im glad to find this site and learning all I can about the NES and more about you all. Where are you all from geographically? Im in "good old" Utah.

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:28:56 PM
BlueMadcap (6)
(Ben Mason) < Little Mac >
Australia
This has made me really curious now aswell. I just looked at my Top Loader and it's something like number 10 million and it's the Australian version. Now, there's no way in the world that 10 million Top Loaders were sold in Australia so I'm wondering weather the numbers carried on from the original system or if the Aus systems where combined with Europe even though mine has AUS written underneath..
For anyone who visits AtariAge, they have a similar thing with recording the serial numbers of the Heavy Sixers that people from AA own.
I don't think it's a stupid idea at all, it's just another bit of info about the King Of Kings, our great friend, The NES...

Apr 4, 2007 at 5:53:02 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Dain

I'd buy them CIB, and even then, I'd be very picky about quality so that you aren't spending a fortune like a lot of us on having to mint-up your collection later on. If you're patient, you can go this route on the cheap for about 80% of the games.

-Dain

I second the notion above, and I highly, highly recommend going this route if you decide to go for complete games. I've been doing it this way for years and I can tell you that it's much cheaper to wait out a mint copy of a game than to buy every crappy copy you come across over and over again until all components are mint.

...and welcome to the forums!

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Apr 4, 2007 at 6:16:43 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I've made a note to create a system registry for the site -- I think it's a great idea!

-Dain

Apr 4, 2007 at 8:23:04 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
What a cool site! Other people who think the same way I do! If you are going to do the registry, Dain, are you going to use Excel or something? That would be cool so you could sort results by area or S/N and all types of other searches. If so, I will make a list of my S/N's and anything else I can tell you about them.

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:49:02 PM
Jordiway73 (20)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Jason Ordiway) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
mine is N15964060 and it is from 1988

Edited: 02/09/2011 at 11:50 PM by Jordiway73

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:21:29 AM
OzNEScollector (80)
(O z) < Kraid Killer >
Australia
Originally posted by: Jordiway73

mine is N15964060 and it is from 1988

hey bud, you should post it in this thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:46:56 PM
brettybluevein (2)

(Brett Emerson) < Cherub >
United States
Hey guys, I just joined the forums so I could get a bit of info. I recently found my first ever NES, or rather my dad did and gave it to me since I told him I had been looking for it. Anyway, it was great to have it back in my hands after all these years of it being packed away (I had other NES's to play in the meantime), and as I was cleaning it up, I noticed it was serial number N0006190. I've read about the test market NES's and was wondering if this was one? Also, what number did they start with, I can only assume N0000001? Just would like to get a bit more info if you guys have it to share. Thanks in advance to anyone who can share some info with me.

-Brett

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:17:40 AM
mmafan (15)

(Shawn DeBose) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
Originally posted by: brettybluevein

Hey guys, I just joined the forums so I could get a bit of info. I recently found my first ever NES, or rather my dad did and gave it to me since I told him I had been looking for it. Anyway, it was great to have it back in my hands after all these years of it being packed away (I had other NES's to play in the meantime), and as I was cleaning it up, I noticed it was serial number N0006190. I've read about the test market NES's and was wondering if this was one? Also, what number did they start with, I can only assume N0000001? Just would like to get a bit more info if you guys have it to share. Thanks in advance to anyone who can share some info with me.

-Brett

Pics or it didnt happen!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:27:23 AM
Pale Horse (45)
(Shaun ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
If that's true, that's the lowest we've seen around here

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:41:09 PM
brettybluevein (2)

United States
Originally posted by: mmafan

-Brett

Here's the pics you requested. Is anybody able to lend any additional knowledge to the situation? What number they started with, etc?

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

Edited: 11/10/2011 at 03:44 PM by brettybluevein

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:00:38 PM
buddytime (9)
(joe E) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ontario
I documented all the serial numbers on my systems last year and my NES ones are 22.5 million and 23.7 million. I think we first got ours in '87 I think.

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:42:55 PM
Shogun (53)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
wow, thats a LOW serial! I am also glad to see the NES is in such nice condition too. You got yourself a gem there.

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:59:22 PM
MarkNES (0)
(Mark N) < Little Mac >
Wisconsin

Originally posted by: mmafan

-Brett

Here's the pics you requested. Is anybody able to lend any additional knowledge to the situation? What number they started with, etc?

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

I've seen it go THIS low. Crazy, isn't it?

*Update* : Sorry, the picture won't upload yet.
N0003921.png

Famicom Converter Collection:
Duck Hunt (C)(G)
Stack Up (C)
Hogan's Alley (C)(G)
Excitebike (G)
Pinball (G)(C)
Gyromite (G)
Wrecking Crew (C)(G)
Wild Gunman (G)
-------------------------------
Famicom Converter want to buy: Wild Gunman (Chip variant) Stack Up (Glop variant), Excitebike (Chip variant), Gyromite (Chip variant)
----------------------------
NintendoAGE: Standard Users > Hypocritical and/or unlikable Mods/Admins
---
Why can't I deactivate my own account?

Edited: 03/15/2012 at 11:35 PM by MarkNES

Dec 8, 2011 at 2:34:09 AM
brettybluevein (2)

United States
What number was it?

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:38:03 PM
MarkNES (0)
(Mark N) < Little Mac >
Wisconsin

What number was it?
I think N0003291 .  I am not the owner of the NES or picture, but I was able to see it on eBay.

Famicom Converter Collection:
Duck Hunt (C)(G)
Stack Up (C)
Hogan's Alley (C)(G)
Excitebike (G)
Pinball (G)(C)
Gyromite (G)
Wrecking Crew (C)(G)
Wild Gunman (G)
-------------------------------
Famicom Converter want to buy: Wild Gunman (Chip variant) Stack Up (Glop variant), Excitebike (Chip variant), Gyromite (Chip variant)
----------------------------
NintendoAGE: Standard Users > Hypocritical and/or unlikable Mods/Admins
---
Why can't I deactivate my own account?

Apr 11, 2012 at 10:40:02 PM
Brian916 (0)

(brian M) < Cherub >
California
That is low. I just recently bought a NES Test Market set. Its just like the deluxe, but just doesnt say deluxe on it. My best find yet. I checked the serial number today and was pleased with how low it was. It is N0271721. Does anyone know if this was tested in NY or in LA. I cant seem to find this anwer. Thanks for your help

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:34:04 AM
RyuHayabusa (80)
(James A.) < Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
When did Nintendo go from the smooth top to the rough top on the NES? Were the test market NESs the only ones or did they continue with the smooth top into the nationwide Deluxe Set release?