Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoTwizer put his collection up for sale?

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:25:49 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Man, what's the world coming to, another great collection listed on eBay?  Beautiful setup, though maybe he can chime in if he's just showing it off or if he's really trying to sell it all. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5700-Game...

Definitely one of the cleaner setups I've seen!

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:37:20 AM
SimplyAzuma (10)
(Matt ) < Meka Chicken >
Nova Scotia
Wow.. That's amazing and wish I had that much cash lying around.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:39:46 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
I've always admired the organization of his collection.

Is anyone else noticing a trend lately? I don't want to make everyone paranoid, but it seems a lot of people have been selling off their entire collections lately.

Interesting...

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:42:53 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Ran across this late last night. Was a bit surprised to see yet another NA member off loading a large collection. Knew right by the N64 systems stacked who it was.

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:45:36 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota

Edited: 10/02/2014 at 07:45 AM by B.A.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:49:32 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Originally posted by: sadikyo

Is anyone else noticing a trend lately? I don't want to make everyone paranoid, but it seems a lot of people have been selling off their entire collections lately.

Interesting...
Just Doner and NTwizer... and with their ask prices, it's safe to say they don't want to sell unless the offer is truly right.

And I'd welcome everyone selling out, that'd make things more affordible again

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:07:46 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

Interesting...
Just Doner and NTwizer... and with their ask prices, it's safe to say they don't want to sell unless the offer is truly right.

Those are the two notable ones - but there have also been a few others offering their entire collection within just the last few weeks. 

I agree with you that who knows what their real intentions are in terms of collecting information or selling directly.

I also agree with you that I'm not worried about massive selloffs.  Either way things will be fine and the hobby will continue.  I'm not trying to suggest this is the cusp of a bubble bursting or anything crazy like that.  And even if there is a 'bubble burst' that everyone seems so scared of, then like you said, it will make it much easier for those of us left.

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:14:16 AM
Slayter (61)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Maryland
Holy crap. Twizer, why?

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:18:41 AM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan

Is there anything that you still have left to purchase?  I thought you owned every game lol.

Quite the collection and on the whole I like his displays.  I remember the post about the gameboy and sega custom framing that he did.  Still really like that one.  If I had a desire to have more loose carts I'd totally use that for "creative inspiration." :-)

Haves     |     Wants

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:42:01 AM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
How come everyone conveniently takes out games they don't consider part of the "set" and still states they have complete collections?

Mountain Bike Rally/Speed Racer = licensed game
Stadium Events = licensed game

At that rate you can't put Blockbuster only games on the list. Or games sold on Thursdays. Or games that you didn't like.

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:47:02 AM
lotz-o-boxes (81)
(Peter Kuhlman) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Wow.

Interest check for a Chicago NA gathering! http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:02:01 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Now that I think about it, has he been active lately? I hope he's okay and it's not something going on in real life.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 10/02/2014 at 09:02 AM by Ferris Bueller

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:05:34 AM
Cheesemeister (91)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Japan
I guess none of us can take it with us at the end of the day.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:11:54 AM
theirontoupee (53)
< Bowser >
Texas
Originally posted by: DreamTR

How come everyone conveniently takes out games they don't consider part of the "set" and still states they have complete collections?

At that rate you can't put Blockbuster only games on the list. Or games sold on Thursdays. Or games that you didn't like.

I like how he specified "non-recalled" games for NES and "sold on store shelves" for SNES to qualify those missing ones...however, it does look like many games sold on a Monday are indeed included. Lol

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:13:33 AM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Interesting...

Especially with Twizer, since his collection (or at least the pics) are pretty widely known on the internet, I could see some athlete with the video game itch picking this up.

Anybody see the last few Thursday night football games to see how excited the guys were to get a copy of Prime Time for the Genesis in their gift bags?

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:15:42 AM
jfreakofkorn (23)
< King Solomon >
United States
at least its organized and cared for collection here ...

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:19:27 AM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Well, complete or not, the collection is damn impressive, and his custom shelves are labors of love. If that doesn't impress you guys, not much will lol.

Instagram
Wishlist

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:25:59 AM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota

Who cares, it's not like you can't tell what he has and it's not like there is some set in stone definition. Plus, would it change the embarrassing offer you or your cronie will send him?

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:35:16 AM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
I don't looks for lots like this, and nor do I make embarrassing offers. You must have me confused with 90% of everyone else that sends $1 best offers on eBay.

My point is people cry anger on repros and being people vague about auctions, this one is slightly misleading, but since he is a member of Nintendo Age he gets a pass. The fact of the matter is yes, there are complete collections..of 32x CD games.....as an example. It's misleading because of the title and makes you believe the lot is better than it is.

Like I said, people get all up in arms and make posts about people being vague, and a lot like this if it was NOT by an NA member would be chastised and picked at like nobody's business.

"How can he ask for BLAHBLAH,no boxes, manuals, no Stadium EVents, etc", You seen the World's Largest Game Collection by Michael Thomassen issues that everyone posted about all over the web? Just saying from that type of standpoint, the items offered, and the price considered it would be ripe for such posts but I am just relaying this on here....

Now I guess I had better call my cronies to make $5 for stuff I don't purchase anymore since this auction is up.

Portnoyd? Let's purchase it all!

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:41:36 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

I don't looks for lots like this, and nor do I make embarrassing offers. You must have me confused with 90% of everyone else that sends $1 best offers on eBay.

My point is people cry anger on repros and being people vague about auctions, this one is slightly misleading, but since he is a member of Nintendo Age he gets a pass. The fact of the matter is yes, there are complete collections..of 32x CD games.....as an example. It's misleading because of the title and makes you believe the lot is better than it is.
No, just a some people get entirely too wrapped up around the word complete.  It's much easier to call the set complete minus one game, instead of listing 700 some odd titles and leaving one off the list.  It is a convenience thing, not outright deception.  It is no different that someone listing an RPG game as "Complete" that is box / cart / manual only, yet missing the pack-in map.

Deception is listing an item as "MINT" in the title or "Like New", when you can clearly tell the item is poor to average at best. 

It's a great collection worthy of praise, and so what if it doesn't meet your definition of complete.  It is complete by his standards and he explicitly mentions all games not included.  I feel no sympathy for any buyer if they cannot read the entire description and understand what is in and what is out, especially if willing to spend 6 figures.

Edited: 10/02/2014 at 09:42 AM by jonebone

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:49:00 AM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
Jonebone: I agree with you, but I've seen people have terrible things to say about guys that have repros that can't list them as repro (ebay would pull them) but they aren't claiming they are something rarer.

With this collection he is counting on someone who either is new or has a lot of money ready to acquire these titles. The importance of "complete" is by his own definitions and unfortunately for a new person that is a LOT of reading and research and someone has to do their due diligence in order to realize that. The new buyer is under the impression he/she would be getting a complete set but there are pieces missing as the seller kind of "casts them off" as he does not consider them parts of the set, even though two of the pieces missing are expensive.

However, I do about "complete" by everyone else's standards, because at that rate people can and will use the term if they have all the games they "wanted" but not all the titles released for X system. Complete by their standards vs a complete North American set (that's how Nintendo released their stuff, by region here) is very different to a potential buyer.

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:01:48 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Queue dramatic music... Dun dun dun. I was wondering if this was going to show up here. Yep, that is my auction, it's all legit.

I'm not leaving the site or collecting, but I am open to selling everything if the right offer came around. I'm currently in the process of moving. The house is going up for sale next week and everything collection-wise is boxed up. I have the opportunity to build a new house but will most likely not be ready to move into that house for another year or more. In the meantime, since the collections boxed up, since I'm going to have a great deal of house building expenses I thought what the heck, why not list it all.

One of two scenarios will happen. First, I get a good enough offer, sell the collection put 95% of that money towards the house and leave the remaining 5% for a new game collection. If that happens my next collection will be much more small scale. Local garage sale, thrift store finds. Without a doubt my passion for retro gaming, collecting and the community has not diminished at all. Second, if I don't get a good offer, then that's fine, I'll hang onto it and continue to enjoy it, no big deal. I am planning on having a gameroom in the new house either way.

It should be interesting I guess we will see what happens.

As far whats complete or not, I have a google docs that lists every single game for sale and if it's cart or complete. I made it clear in the NES and SNES description the carts I don't have. (Stadium Events, Competition carts and Mountain Bike/Speed Racer).

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:03:46 AM
Bobo Mcloud (5)
(N64 prototype master ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Western Australia
Awesome custom shelving, I will copy this one day
I dare say it would be easier for you to sell them in individual sets.

"Will pay big $$$ for N64 prototypes."

Edited: 10/02/2014 at 10:09 AM by Bobo Mcloud

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:13:51 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Now that I think about it, has he been active lately? I hope he's okay and it's not something going on in real life.

I have another baby on the way, does that count?   But yeah life has been crazy busy lately.  All good stuff, but busy.  Between working two jobs, packing up and getting a house ready to sell.  I haven't had too much time for much else. 

On a side note, I heard you on the Watch Out For Fireballs podcast the other day talking about Super Mario World.

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:48:38 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
It would be sad to see this amazing collection gone. Of course if you get an offer you're fine with and if that money helps you with your new house and the new kid then it's a decision one can't really argue with . Hopefully everything goes well for you whether the collection will be sold or not

Looking for a copy of Sega Rally on the N-Gage

Playstation 3 Collection: 999/1???
Philips Videopac Collection: 67/69
Nintendo 64 European (not PAL!) Collection: C 239/239 - I 126/239 - B 94/239
Sega Master System PAL Collection (CB): 166/269
Sega Dreamcast PAL Collection: 52/216