Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Best shelves for NES games

May 23, 2010 at 4:15:01 AM
dougman999 (77)
(Doug LeStarge) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
I've got 2 like the ones Behihana has. One's filled with CDs, the other has what's left of my NES collection.

May 23, 2010 at 8:21:03 AM
GharetSaiDe (52)
(Andrew Dietz) < Meka Chicken >
California
I got a couple of media storage units at a Big Lots near us - $25 and it fits 75 CIB games perfectlyy. My boxes have the "classic fit" plastic cases around them and fit exactly 15 wide on 5 shelves. I just got another thing there yesterday for $40 that holds 155, and the depth of the shelves are also perfect.

-------------------------
---
My FO/FT list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

My collections:
(Licensed - loose) http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...
(Unlicensed - loose) http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...
(Boxes/Manuals - FO/FT) http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

May 23, 2010 at 12:55:50 PM
Kickle (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Some Guy) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I have a CD tower from Target. Holds about 175 loose carts. I don't like it. EDIT: A Billy would be a little too big for my room, my coffee mugs are on shelves above my games.

Most Recent NES pick-ups: Battleship, Cliffhanger, The Great Waldo Search, Kid Niki: Radical Ninja, The Krion Conquest (CIB), RoboCop, Xexyz

Edited: 05/23/2010 at 12:57 PM by Kickle

May 24, 2010 at 3:59:40 AM
recspecz (1)
(Shawn Wilkinson) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
The plastic Sterilite drawer carts (3 shelves, each same size, clear plastic) will hold between 220 to 240 games, depending on how much effort you wish to squeeze titles together. That's between 75 to 80 games per drawer. It doesn't make your collection look awesome like the vertical shelves, but it might make your gf happy because everything is hidden away

I use them to store not only NES, but Atari, SNES, Genesis, and N64. they're real nice, and at $17.50 a pop not very expensive.

recspecz

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:35:21 PM
bbickell (57)
(Brian Bickell) < Eggplant Wizard >
Oklahoma
These guys are excellent. http://www.biglots.com/Furniture/...

I've got 3 of them in the living room, but I'm outgrowing them.

Here's a picture of my setup: 

I need something taller to fit the about 1200 games I have now. 

Edited: 06/04/2010 at 09:43 PM by bbickell

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:25:48 PM
dejeckt (7)
(Jack Bower) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Im in the market for shelves; Im not sure which to get out of the two...

Ikea Billy ~
$70ish

Atlantic 1080 (the one where mfg number ends with '18', apparently thats the better version) ~ $150ish

Good thing about ikea is that there would be a supply of billy bookcases for the foreseeable future (good if collection gets bigger), and every once in awhile you can spot one on craigslist for cheap (not as frequent as poang chairs or loft beds unfortunately).  The main problem I have with Billy is the aesthetic. its a bit too simple.

Good thing about the bestbuy/atlantic ones is that aesthetically, in my opinion, is better and accomodates better to your shelving needs.  The problem I have with this shelf is availability (seems like I could only get it online, local best buy's seems to be out of em) now and in the near future.

What do you guys think?  Are there any other shelves that's similar to what I'm looking for but cheaper?

**edit**
@benihana - are those the same shelves kbcollector has?  if not how much did it cost you /shelf?  gotta go to a walmart soon.  if I can find something darker than the ones you have a $20 price point then I probably know which shelves im getting.
those shelves are sort of like the half way between Ikea billy and Atlantic.

Edited: 06/08/2010 at 03:37 PM by dejeckt

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:14:03 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Hmm...I think those shelves like $40 each...then again it was 4 or 5 years ago. I am also starting to shop around since I am running out of shelving room fast. Going to keep an eye on the thread just so I can get idea's...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Jun 9, 2010 at 12:29:31 AM
recspecz (1)
(Shawn Wilkinson) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Dumb question, but is the N64 box about the same dimensions as a VHS tape? I'm looking at the N64 box I have in front of me, and I'm trying to remember a VHS tape in my head, and they look very similar in size. Do people who collect N64 CIB have complaints with multimedia towers as storage?

recspecz