< Meka Chicken >
Utah
Originally posted by: jerbloopy

Originally posted by: DarkKobold

Originally posted by: Thunderblaze16

410 replies?

This is indeed a sensitive topic.

Cat reselling is srs business.

That cat almost looks liek a person. Creepy. Like... Elmer Fudd, or something.

That Cat is Srs Cat. That Cat is your God. Bow to the God of Srsnss.

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:23:25 PM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
If I saw that cat in person I would expect it to speak English and sound like... Like Dr. Zaius from the Planet of the Apes. Er, the musical. Not the planet.

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:29:31 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Sorry, I belong to the cult of Ceiling Cat.

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:48:44 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
You don't happen to have a picture of him cutting out that piece of ceiling by any chance, do you?

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:06:33 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
To answer Jerbloopy's question from earlier - I have never played the Samurai Pizza Cat game. Not big on platformers generally.

-------------------------

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:35:06 PM
Sinnbox (10)
(Joel sinn) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Ozzy_98

Originally posted by: hammerfestus

If anything stock is more readily available.
And now there's "market prices" because of that.  When I first started collecting, it was "compare this store's prices to gamedude and funcoland prices and buy from the cheapest place".

And mail order games didn't show quality of the item, you buy a used cart, you're not getting a CIB snes game. 

All these people are comparing current prices to one time when everything was at it's lowest (Which happened to be during the biggest recession since the great depression), and they aren't factoring in other items too.  Like how they're most likely making more money now then then, just like every other person collecting.

It's funny to see people complaining. I know that many of us were collecting back during the recession, and thank God got some great deals. However; Idiots like me that sold stuff thinking it would stay low have noone but ourselves to blame, and the newer collectors shouldnt complain about prices now. The early bird gets the worm. 

I do think that hoarders, and Youtubers are partly to blame for high prices, but overall I agree that it's the nature of the beast. Collecting an item that hasnt been in production for 25+ years is always going to end up in high prices if enough people get into it.

I don't mind hearing older collectors mention selling a game for $5 back in 2005 that they have to pay $200 for now, because I'm in the same boat and we lacked forsight. The thing that annoys me is when new collectors, and I mean 6 months into collecting complain about price jumps. I was on a FB group afew months ago and some kid was complaining that he started collecting afew months ago(he was up to some upsurd amount of games for the 2-3 months he was collecting), He was looking for a game that was $5 when he started, but he passed on it and it's going for $20 now. He was sure that someone was going to sell it to him for $5 because he wasnt going to spend the artificail inflation. I told him that when I started collecting Bucky O' Hare was $5 and that I would glady give him the game he wanted for $5 if he could get me Bucky for $5.

I think the collectors like that will end up dropping off, and it will be back to mainly those of us that were collecting back in the early 2000's with a few other added in.

Collection Totals:

NES: 500+
SNES: 300+
N64:124
Dreamcast: 45 - Looking for more

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:36:05 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Originally posted by: Daria

To answer Jerbloopy's question from earlier - I have never played the Samurai Pizza Cat game. Not big on platformers generally.

But they're so adorable. And they make pizza. The only thing that could make that better is if they ran a video store and sold... oregano.

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:37:05 PM
Sinnbox (10)
(Joel sinn) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Tulpa

I remember the old "Ceiling Cat is Watching you Masturbate" group on Facebook back when Facebook was only for college kids. lol. We went to Goodwill and bought a stuffed cat and shoved it into one of our A/C Vents. I also got a copy of Mario Kart 64 for $0.50 that trip.

Collection Totals:

NES: 500+
SNES: 300+
N64:124
Dreamcast: 45 - Looking for more

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:43:25 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico

Shun the non-longcat believers!

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:14:44 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Shun. Shuuuun.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:51:25 PM
BadBoxArt (1)
< Little Mac >

Originally posted by: ShinigamiKiba
ether way it's annoying and not something I can stand by and take idely just because it's happening all over the world, it bothers me and I want to voice that and want to say how I feel about it.
We've heard it all before. That's why you're not getting an enthusiastic reply. Sorry, but it is what it is, and if there was something you could do about it, people would have done it already.

I personally don't mind these values rising as long as my local retailers don't sell them for an incredibly inflated price. Where I live there are only two stores nearby that have anything good: Trader's World and Treasure Isles. At Trader's world the prices are unreasonable ($45 dollars for a beaten up version of Zelda!!?) While at Treasure Isles, I can get a Canadian import of the game along with the manual in perfect condition for only $20.

Edited: 12/02/2015 at 10:53 PM by BadBoxArt

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:17:39 PM
Daria (29)
Florida

But they're so adorable. And they make pizza. The only thing that could make that better is if they ran a video store and sold... oregano.

I'd be all over a SPC RPG or action-adventure.

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:21:13 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan

But... Cats. And pizza.

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:47:06 AM
Brachabre (9)
(Weiner Tacos) < Lolo Lord >
Texas

But... Cats. And pizza.

"I'm all yoooours jerbloopy!" -Polly 

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:45:10 AM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Originally posted by: Brachabre

But... Cats. And pizza.

"I'm all yoooours jerbloopy!" -Polly 

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:05:30 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Ozzy_98

Also, I hate to say it, but your story is a bit far fetched.  If the numbers you're giving are true, and the snow bros you're talking about is an US NTSC version or PAL that's worth money, then they were both idiots. You're saying this french man sold snow bros for 10 euros.  How did you get this info?  And why did he sell if for a fraction of it's worth?

The way I read it was that the Snow Bros seemed like the French guy was only paying 10 euro to buy it from the Macedonian seller.

I suspect, in reality, it was needed to seal a much larger deal where it's difficult to accurately price what was actually paid for each game in the lot.

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:22:56 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico

Release Date: Early 2016

Genre: Action RPG

Publisher: NintendoAge

Developer: LastCat

Pre-order now and get the International Last Mission version which includes the non-canon ending to the game.

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:18:31 AM
Daria (29)
Florida
Originally posted by: LastCat

Release Date: Early 2016

Genre: Action RPG

Publisher: NintendoAge

Developer: LastCat

Pre-order now and get the International Last Mission version which includes the non-canon ending to the game.

Bah! lol

Sadly a missed opportunity to title it: Tails of Catnap

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:25:54 AM
FritzWhite (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Boxer has been immortalized as an internet superstar.