Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Collector's Software?

May 20, 2014 at 6:08:11 PM
Painmaster212 (6)
(Gabe Gann) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Hey guys i was browsing the web looking for ways to keep up with my collection other then manually in word or excel and found a website that offered a software that seems to do everything for you and they even have a mobile version as well. Only drawback is that you have to pay for the software... and quite pricey for such a simple program too but at least it's updated all the time.

Anyone here ever used it? If so, is it worth it? If not does anyone have a good alternative?

Website below if anyone is interested

May 20, 2014 at 6:37:38 PM
EdensElite (10)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Adam ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wales
I've used it, and it's actually pretty good, I got a cracked version so I never used the mobile link but it's definitely the best program out there. Personally, I would prefer Excel because I like things 100% in my control but the program is definitely worth a look into.

-------------------------
Check out my huge guide to Pokemon gaming!: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

May 20, 2014 at 7:26:03 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
I use Sisimizi Game Catalog. It's free, easy and great for people who are OCD about their collections. You can fill in all sorts of information boxes about the games and even put a picture of it up too.

It's offline only I think but it's the best free softwear I have found.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

May 20, 2014 at 7:27:20 PM
Ventes (4)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
I use Backloggery. Works well for me.

May 20, 2014 at 7:35:00 PM
Johnny (155)
(Johnny Iucci) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: Painmaster212

Hey guys i was browsing the web looking for ways to keep up with my collection other then manually in word or excel and found a website that offered a software that seems to do everything for you and they even have a mobile version as well. Only drawback is that you have to pay for the software... and quite pricey for such a simple program too but at least it's updated all the time.

Anyone here ever used it? If so, is it worth it? If not does anyone have a good alternative?

I use this software and have used it for the past 6 or so years and have never been sorry. 

~Listen to the Collector's Quest Podcast~
   https://itunes.apple.com/us/podca...
   https://soundcloud.com/collectors... 

May 20, 2014 at 7:36:35 PM
Ventes (4)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Originally posted by: Johnny

Originally posted by: Painmaster212

I use this software and have used it for the past 6 or so years and have never been sorry. 

Just checked the site out. Looks good, I'm going to have to bookmark it.

May 20, 2014 at 8:32:11 PM
JustinParks (10)
< Meka Chicken >
Ontario
I use an Android app called NES Hunter Pro which cost me $2, works well to track any kind of Nintendo collection. You can track cart only, manuals, boxes, and it even has estimated values for each but a lot of them seem to be way off lol. There is also a free version which can only track NES and SNES.

Edited: 05/20/2014 at 08:32 PM by JustinParks

May 20, 2014 at 9:22:17 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
Whats wrong with the NA collection tool? Thats all I use...

May 20, 2014 at 9:44:21 PM
Jobber8742 (185)
(Jeff Kilgard) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
I use Collectorz. Only bad thing about it is the price and not being able to edit from the mobile app.

"I'm not a nerd, I'm a video game enthusiast"

May 20, 2014 at 11:01:05 PM
Dark Highlander (0)
(The Dark Highlander) < Little Mac >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: EdensElite

Personally, I would prefer Excel because I like things 100% in my control

Totally agree with this guy. You can add your own pictures, edit and arrange your games in any platform in any way you like, and can also add formulas to count how many games you got in total or how many missing etc.
With Excel i feel your only limited by your imagination.

May 21, 2014 at 12:18:47 AM
Painmaster212 (6)
(Gabe Gann) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
So the one's that use the software already, would you say it's worth the price tag and if so which do you guys use? Standard or Pro?

May 21, 2014 at 1:03:02 AM
Johnny (155)
(Johnny Iucci) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: Dark Highlander

Originally posted by: EdensElite

Personally, I would prefer Excel because I like things 100% in my control

Totally agree with this guy. You can add your own pictures, edit and arrange your games in any platform in any way you like, and can also add formulas to count how many games you got in total or how many missing etc.
With Excel i feel your only limited by your imagination.

You can pretty much do all of this in Collectorz and it's a little easier than Excel. If you are good with Excel, which I am, you can do all of this stuff but I still prefer this software. It's fairly easy to learn and once you know the software well it becomes a wonderful tool.

I forget the difference between standard and pro to be honest, and yes I feel like it's worth the price tag.

I will say this though, if you only have a few hundred games or only a few systems you cna totally get by with Excel, I have thousands of games and tons of Systems so it's just too much for me to be mucking about in Excel.

~Listen to the Collector's Quest Podcast~
   https://itunes.apple.com/us/podca...
   https://soundcloud.com/collectors... 

Edited: 05/21/2014 at 01:04 AM by Johnny

May 21, 2014 at 1:05:05 AM
notI (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Utah
I use notepad..... Yup going to switch to excel when I get some free time.

May 21, 2014 at 3:28:56 AM
rubinhomoto (11)
(Rubens Araujo Julio) < Crack Trooper >
Brazil
Originally posted by: Silverspoon

Me either!
I think is very useful for me...

I have a excel on my Cellphone too...

Impossible Dream??? All American NES Oficial Releases!!!
Current 672/677 99.26%
Last Game Added: Rockin Kats

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

May 21, 2014 at 3:59:47 AM
theJudeAbides (0)
(Jude Parrill) < Little Mac >
Minnesota
I'm surprised no one here ever really talks about this site, because it's so well known, but for my videogame database needs, I use gameFAQs (www.gamefaqs.com...). It has one the largest and most accurate databases of videogames that I've ever seen, plus has pictures of all the boxes (at least a great majority of them). It also allows you to not only track which games you have, but which specific release of a game you have (i.e. the Japanese version, the European Version, the Special Collector's Edition, etc...). I'm find it odd that nobody here ever even mentions that site because it's so well known and quite accurate. It has it's problems here and there, but they're few and far between, and if you spot an error, you can always contribute to correct the errors/omissions.

Also, I'd 2nd www.backloggery.com... for tracking your progress on playing games. Fairly nifty site.

Although, as many say, nothing will ever quite beat a trusty spreadsheet.

May 22, 2014 at 3:44:33 PM
Saintkat (39)
(Justin Bailey) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alberta
I've been using the NA site for my collection database. However I find it is a tad buggy when I try and manually enter in a duplicate game - the cart, inserts and box tabs will all form their own entry somehow.

I downloaded that collectorz thing and I am not sure I like it. Maybe I need to play around with it a bit, but I'd like to be able to rate the condition of the cart, insert and box like I do with the NA database.

I need for a Sculptor's Cut and Stunt Racer 64 manual - final two for the collection!

May 22, 2014 at 4:08:42 PM
ShyGuyMcFly83 (2)
(David Lara) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: Silverspoon

I haven't checked it lately, but when I first joined (not so long ago), I noticed it was missing a bunch of stuff I collect.  So if all you collect is Nintendo stuff, then I'm sure it's great.  But for more obscure stuff it's not so great.

As far as collectorz, I've been thinking about it, especially since my collection has exploded in the last month.  $30 really isn't all that bad.  I'm sure it's more than worth it.  Just skip buying a game or two for a month.

Come check me out on Twitch
ShyguyMcFly83

I try to stream daily around 9:30 PM CST

Twitter:
ShyguyMcFly83

May 22, 2014 at 4:42:57 PM
snes_collector (86)
(Jordan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
RF Generation is all you need: http://www.rfgeneration.com/...

May 22, 2014 at 4:55:51 PM
anruiukimi (10)
(Elizabeth ) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
I use VGCollect for mine.

All slimes, all the time! 

Looking for CIB Koei SNES games!