Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Gamevaluenow's Collection Tracker is ready for Beta testing! GVN is alive!!!!!

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:49:50 AM
Mr.Ramen (0)

< Cherub >
I love the website as it is. I can't wait to give this a try.

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:03:52 PM
necroking (26)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: TheBiRD

If I use the beta version now, will I have to re-enter my collection when the final version will be released?

I would like to know this too, before putting many many hours into this.

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:15:20 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: necroking

Originally posted by: TheBiRD

If I use the beta version now, will I have to re-enter my collection when the final version will be released?

I would like to know this too, before putting many many hours into this.

Any information you add to the site will move over with the production release. I have had some great suggestions that I will be implementing before the final release that will allow for deeper customization and add more detail to the tracker. Right now you will not have these options at your disposal. You are free to add as much data as you want but the ultimate goal here is to test things out so that you can provide me with your feedback so that I can make adjustments before the final release.

Thanks again for all of the kind words so far guys! I believe I have responded to everyone's inquiries but if I happened to miss a message please write me back and let me know. 

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:27:28 PM
8-bit_boice (49)
(Josh Boice) < Meka Chicken >
Kansas
Any way you could list the suggestions that you plan on adding before final release so we can have an idea of what's to come?

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:15:33 PM
Farnsy84 (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
So I registered for the GVN Collection Beta today, then I get this in my email:

Coincidence? 

-------------------------
Looking for Retro Game Stores in the Northern Virginia/D.C./Maryland area? Click HERE.

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:52:41 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
Originally posted by: Farnsy84

So I registered for the GVN Collection Beta today, then I get this in my email:

Coincidence? 

Wow that's crazy!!!!!!! GVN is better with prices in my opinion and their tool is extremely clean so far. 

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:33:52 PM
zombi (43)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Thanks for the access.

No 3DS game support yet?

Apr 26, 2017 at 12:52:35 PM
Scerena4 (65)
(Kyle Scerena) < El Ripper >
Illinois
I've entered around 2200 games so far. Really like it. Just a few things ill PM, but my main question is how does it figure out the price for manuals. Is it a set percent of the a CIB price?

Apr 26, 2017 at 1:49:20 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
And Pricecharting is now following suit...

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Apr 26, 2017 at 2:00:43 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: zombi

Thanks for the access.

No 3DS game support yet?

Whoops. I was actually missing the 3ds and Switch from the site. Simply did not have them active. They are both now available in the collection tracker :-). Thank you for pointing this out.

Originally posted by: Scerena4

I've entered around 2200 games so far. Really like it. Just a few things ill PM, but my main question is how does it figure out the price for manuals. Is it a set percent of the a CIB price?

I can't give too much away but it is based on real data and not a set percentage :-)

Originally posted by: jonebone

And Pricecharting is now following suit...

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=32&th...

A little competition never hurt anyone  

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:39:51 PM
Farnsy84 (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
The import feature is down, and i was having some trouble using it to upload a csv file.

Also, have you thought about having a feature to enter in how much you purchased the game for? So you could track whether you are (overall) spending above or below the market prices?

Also what about having a "Lot Import" function too? For common games I typically buy a lot from eBay and then figure out the individual carts price based on percentage of value (i.e. if I spend $100 on two games that usually cost $150 and $50, I would price them as purchased for $75 and $25). It would be awesome if I didn't have to download a price list, and go through this hassle.

Lastly, have you thought about an app? Right now I have to go to three places to manage my collection. I have the NES Collector app from puregaming.com to track what is in my collection (great for when you're at the game store because it works offline/no signal), I have a spreadsheet that has all of my purchase data (date purchased, price, manual, box, purchase location), and then I go to the internet to get current values for the games. It would be AWESOME if all of these things were featured on your site with a cell phone app to present all the data.

Looking for Retro Game Stores in the Northern Virginia/D.C./Maryland area? Click HERE.

Edited: 04/26/2017 at 11:41 PM by Farnsy84

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:16:22 AM
JunkSkelington (1)
< Cherub >
Oregon

Also, have you thought about having a feature to enter in how much you purchased the game for? So you could track whether you are (overall) spending above or below the market prices?

Came to ask exactly this.  I would love to see what I paid in the collection screen next to the GVN's estimated value and a comparison of how +/- I am.  As well as at the top where it totals everything for you (+/- with what the real value is).

Edited: 04/27/2017 at 12:17 AM by JunkSkelington

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:05:30 AM
hmgbking (11)
< Crack Trooper >
Oklahoma
So far, it has been extremely easy and fast to add in my collection.

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:08:38 AM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Just finished inputting games. Have a few more. It went very smoothly. Would it be possible to distinguish between US vs JAP Neo Geo AES games?

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:44:33 AM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Hogie1418

I want to give a big thank you to everyone who has helped out with the beta test up to this point. I have received some excellent feedback through the process and I will do my best to implement as many of the suggestions that I can. If anyone is still interested in testing out the tracker, please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks again guys!

I'd love to test it out and I've got lots of time to kill this weekend. If you already have enough beta testers, any eta on going public?

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:04:01 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California

The import feature is down, and i was having some trouble using it to upload a csv file.

Also what about having a "Lot Import" function too? For common games I typically buy a lot from eBay and then figure out the individual carts price based on percentage of value (i.e. if I spend $100 on two games that usually cost $150 and $50, I would price them as purchased for $75 and $25). It would be awesome if I didn't have to download a price list, and go through this hassle.

Lastly, have you thought about an app? Right now I have to go to three places to manage my collection. I have the NES Collector app from puregaming.com to track what is in my collection (great for when you're at the game store because it works offline/no signal), I have a spreadsheet that has all of my purchase data (date purchased, price, manual, box, purchase location), and then I go to the internet to get current values for the games. It would be AWESOME if all of these things were featured on your site with a cell phone app to present all the data.

Originally posted by: JunkSkelington

Came to ask exactly this.  I would love to see what I paid in the collection screen next to the GVN's estimated value and a comparison of how +/- I am.  As well as at the top where it totals everything for you (+/- with what the real value is).

The new import feature is just about finished. After running the beta test, I was able to see some of the pitfalls that were in the previous version of the importer. It will now accept xls, xlsx and csv files so it should be a better user experience.

The feature for entering how much you paid for a game is actually already there. If you go to your collection page and click the edit button on any game, you will see a "Price Paid" input box. Currently, it will only store this information but there are plans to add alot more as far as stats go to the site.

An app is definitely something I would like to do but at this time I do not have any immediate plans to start developing one. I agree it would be nice and I will keep in mind that there is interest in one.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:10:49 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: acromite53

Just finished inputting games. Have a few more. It went very smoothly. Would it be possible to distinguish between US vs JAP Neo Geo AES games?

I do have a feature that will allow you to mark a game as a variant. You could add a duplicate of the US version and in the "edit" screen write "JP" in the input box labeled variant. 

Originally posted by: NESfiend

I'd love to test it out and I've got lots of time to kill this weekend. If you already have enough beta testers, any eta on going public?

I could always use more beta testers but we are extremely close to going public. I would like to have it open by the end of the day. 

Edited: 04/27/2017 at 12:17 PM by Hogie1418

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:50:30 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
I just updated the collection import tool. For those that are on the beta test. Give it a shot and let me know if it is working better this time around.

May 2, 2017 at 11:35:19 PM
hmgbking (11)
< Crack Trooper >
Oklahoma
Added some more to my collection I picked up at Super! Bitcon this past weekend.

An app would definitely be awesome while on the go for quick searching through my current catalog. It would nice to stay updated on the tool development. I understand you may have a lot coming judging by the fact you have more tools in the works.

Do you have a mailing list?

Wishing the best for the public release of GameValueNow.

Edited: 05/02/2017 at 11:36 PM by hmgbking

May 3, 2017 at 5:09:31 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: hmgbking

Added some more to my collection I picked up at Super! Bitcon this past weekend.

An app would definitely be awesome while on the go for quick searching through my current catalog. It would nice to stay updated on the tool development. I understand you may have a lot coming judging by the fact you have more tools in the works.

Do you have a mailing list?

Wishing the best for the public release of GameValueNow.
Awesome man! I'm glad it's working out for you :-)

A mailing list is definitely going to happen. At least for those that wish to be included in it (No spamming here :-)). 

An app is definitely something that I want to do and once the collection tracker is in full swing, I will sit down and re-evaluate where I want to go with the site next. If an app is what is most in demand then maybe I will have to re-adjust my plans a bit.

I'm still working on getting the collection tracker production ready but I feel I am very close and will hopefully have it out in a day or so. I received so many great suggestions that I am trying to squeeze as many in as I can before it goes out.

Thanks again everyone for taking time out of your days to help out on this!

May 13, 2017 at 9:58:52 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
Everything is running smooth so far! Excellent tool man............. I'm impressed at the new features I see when i log in.

May 22, 2017 at 5:07:16 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
I just hopped on there for the first time and I am going to start moving my NA collection info over to GVN. I would like the ability to grade condition tho. Also, cant find a settings button to add notes as mentioned you could do earlier in the thread.

May 22, 2017 at 5:21:28 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Silverspoon

I just hopped on there for the first time and I am going to start moving my NA collection info over to GVN. I would like the ability to grade condition tho. Also, cant find a settings button to add notes as mentioned you could do earlier in the thread.

You need to click on the game in question, then click on "Edit". You can add notes in the window that pops up:

May 22, 2017 at 5:28:54 PM
Silverspoon (33)
Nebraska
That answers all my questions. Im sold! Thx Gloves!

May 22, 2017 at 5:30:35 PM
Silverspoon (33)
Nebraska
Are you gonna work in a way to price variants, or maybe accessories and systems in the future? If not, we would all understand because of the difficulty...

Edited: 05/22/2017 at 05:32 PM by Silverspoon