Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Megaman 9 & 10 NES rom

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:40:23 PM
Reapus (5)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Snake ) < Crack Trooper >
New York
Maybe I'm beating a dead horse but I was looking around google to see if anyone has been working on a Megaman 9 and 10 NES rom hack and I found a small YouTube video showing a MM9 rom hack demo. After that I could find no links or info about those games being made for the NES format again. Does anyone have any recent information on a possible Megaman 9 and 10 project for NES? I'm sure a lot of people would like to have it on a cartridge. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:57:29 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
MM4 hack, right? I think I have that same hack. Trouble is, I don't think it was made past that 1 level. Might be the limitations (as we all know), but it also could be just the hacker might have gotten bored with the project (?)

-------------------------
Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Edited: 06/08/2013 at 11:58 PM by BouncekDeLemos

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:03:37 AM
Luigi_Master (29)
(Kevin McConnell) < Kraid Killer >
United States
No one wants to do it.

I got some goodies on eBay.  Wanna see more, read the news, etc?  Check below:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:57:24 AM
Reapus (5)
(Snake ) < Crack Trooper >
New York
Yeah, the MM4 hack. Only one level was done? I'm assuming it's the MM9 rom demo I saw on YouTube. If it was a few levels, I would have considered putting it on a cart and labeling it as a Megaman 9 demo. No point in doing that with just one level. Eh, that's a shame. I figured no one wanted to do it since it was  abandoned a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken.

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:01:30 AM
AlveinHero (0)
(Roko Yuki Hime) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
The only way to put Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 on NES is to reprogram them from scratch.

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:53:44 PM
goldendark007 (76)
(Grodacious ) < Meka Chicken >
New York
I have been curious to see if anyone would do a "dumbed down" version of the two games. Sort of like how games were ported to different systems but were very different from each other due to the limitations of each system. It would be cool to see MM9 be made with the level layouts (as well reconstructed as possible) and just different enemies / bosses.

Originally posted by: Guntz

I must say though, it's almost movie-like that a repro collector gives his green horns a try at soldering a repro cartridge.
http://teamchris.org

Jun 10, 2013 at 8:48:46 PM
Greg2600 (0)
(Greg Mario) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Huge undertaking, no monetary pay-off. They're not unobtainable either (jail break a Wii very simple).

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:22:55 PM
goldendark007 (76)
New York
Originally posted by: Greg2600

Huge undertaking, no monetary pay-off. They're not unobtainable either (jail break a Wii very simple).

Already officially own both on Wii and X360, but was just stating I would enjoy it. I know it is an incredible feat to accomplish, but there are many talented people on this forum (I am not one of them).

I must say though, it's almost movie-like that a repro collector gives his green horns a try at soldering a repro cartridge.

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:33:30 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

Yeah,completely not worth it.....especially since games are all headed down the path of download only. Bye bye boxes/cases and manuals.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:22:36 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: goldendark007

Already officially own both on Wii and X360, but was just stating I would enjoy it. I know it is an incredible feat to accomplish, but there are many talented people on this forum (I am not one of them).
The vast majority of people with the time and talent to do this would rather create their own IP that they own and can legally profit from.

For instance, would you rather have a down-converted game you can already play on a home console?  Or would you rather have something fresh and new and awesome like KHan's new game Study Hall?

Edited: 06/13/2013 at 11:23 AM by arch_8ngel

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:11:03 PM
goldendark007 (76)
New York
Both I suppose? It would be dependent on the game. I love new IP, but a port of Oregon Trail is something I'd love more than any other game. A hack that works to be a (downgraded) port of MM9 or 10 would be cool - and likely high up on a list of carts I'd like to own (likely over many releasing homebrew titles).

That said, I am not trying to say anything about homebrew... other than it rocks.

Edited: 06/13/2013 at 01:31 PM by goldendark007

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:17:11 PM
Faltain1 (112)
(~Faltain~ ) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: AlveinHero

The only way to put Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 on NES is to reprogram them from scratch.

To-do manuals: Arabian Knights, Gulliver Boy, Dark Law, Brandish 2, Flying Hero
Finished manuals: Neugier, Wonder Project J, Burning Heroes, Star Ocean, FEDA, Monstania, Chaos Seed

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:51:20 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
So since people want this for NES, I should stop my Genesis port?

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:37:08 PM
goldendark007 (76)
New York
of course not!! (btw keep me in the loop... i want a numbered LE whatever copy if you make one)

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:57:48 PM
standigz (1)

(Chaz Gidnats) < El Ripper >
New Jersey
It would be a herculean amount of work and would require a dedicated team, without any crazy backstabbing and capcom lawsuits.

Not only that, but even though the games look like NES games, they do stuff that the NES isn't capable of...maybe someone could make PCE or Genesis versions. More likely the best we can hope for is some kind of cracked PC version.

I'm actually kinda worried, I mean, how do you preserve digital downloads? What if I get bored one day 10 years from now and decide to play MM9 again?

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:46:44 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Both I suppose? 

You don't get to have both... with a finite amount of time, talent, and resources you get one, or the other.

Personally, I'd prefer the new and original content that can be legally distributed and sold for a profit, thus encouraging the cycle of making new and interesting content...

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:44:47 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

of course not!! (btw keep me in the loop... i want a numbered LE whatever copy if you make one)

haha I was just joking... I think

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:10:54 PM
goldendark007 (76)
New York
Well.. you could have both, really. I understand how a choose this or that question works, but just because new games are being developed by people doesn't mean that old games can't be hacked by others... who maybe do such things but don't develop their own games.

Again, there are plenty of homebrew I can't wait for, but MM9 or 10 as hacks on an actually NES cart (downgraded of course) would just be freakin' cool.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:16:56 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
If I was going to actually do it, it'd be for Genesis, and it'd be built from the ground up. Hacking code can take several times longer than starting new.

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:40:32 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
It would suck to put in that kind of time to create something and then not be able to make any money off of it. But then again I'm probably just a greedy bastard.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:15:08 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

It would suck to put in that kind of time to create something and then not be able to make any money off of it. But then again I'm probably just a greedy bastard.

Yeah, but with repros and repros of hacks being sold, who cares at this point?

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:30:59 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

I'd say the difference is the ceiling on what you can make before you run into problems.

If KHan's NES games are well received, he has the option to port them to other (modern) platforms and make real money.  If a hack is well received, well, tough shit.

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:47:34 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

I'd say the difference is the ceiling on what you can make before you run into problems.

If KHan's NES games are well received, he has the option to port them to other (modern) platforms and make real money.  If a hack is well received, well, tough shit.

Very true, though I was talking about it being built from the ground up, so it'd be a port or a pirate

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:20:33 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Very true, though I was talking about it being built from the ground up, so it'd be a port or a pirate

At least in the case of an unlicensed port you could reskin the game and convert it to your own legal IP.

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:21:40 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

At least in the case of an unlicensed port you could reskin the game and convert it to your own legal IP.

Exactly