Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Limited Run Games Discussion, schedule, etc.

Jan 04 at 9:44:12 AM
MasonSushi (83)
(Mason 8-Bit_Nes) < King Solomon >
South Carolina
I like to get the limited games that interest me on the PS4 (SHMUPS, RPG, Beat em Ups), and all the Switch titles. I missed 4 of them (Cosmic Star, Slime-San, Kingdom New Lands, Oxenfree). I also like finding out about other sites that are releasing Switch games like Pankapu, Dungeon Rushers, & Gone Home. Honestly I haven't had this much fun hunting new games in well over 10 years. Some don't like the limited releases, some do. I kinda fall in the middle. I like a limited ordering window. That way we don't get burned by bots.

I like the idea of having a separate Limited Run post, but have a link in it to a post that has all the other sites and games on it. Also on the other site have it link back to the Limited Run post.

-------------------------
Come visit my youtube channel

MasonSushi YouTube Channel

Jan 04 at 9:50:39 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I have been convinced by the masses and will pre-order Danmaku today.

Jan 04 at 10:38:57 AM
0xero0 (230)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
Anybody gave a spare mercenary kings switch to sell or trade?

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jan 04 at 6:35:14 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: 0xero0

I did, but it went to Quaze

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jan 04 at 7:03:47 PM
0xero0 (230)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

That's not much help
And here I was going to offer a Kamikaze squirrel for it too (

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jan 04 at 11:07:20 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

That's not much help

Well shit son, shoot me a PM. I like Kamikaze Squirrels 

www.videogamesage.com...

Jan 04 at 11:09:53 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Originally posted by: Quaze

That's not much help

Well shit son, shoot me a PM. I like Kamikaze Squirrels 

Noooooooooo

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Jan 04 at 11:30:01 PM
fusoyaff2 (44)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
So I got my GALF in the mail today. The ink printing on the box is kinda of cheap, but it is really cool to have a sealed NES game. It appears that the boxes for the green and white versions are identical, so the only way you can tell the color of a sealed copy is from a little white or green circular sticker in the bottom left corner of the wrapping. This sticker can be removed or swapped out, leading to even greater confusion!

I'm still debating if I'm even gonna open mine up. I know it would be worth more sealed, and I'm not really particularly into video game golf games (although I also got Golf Story for Wii and I hear it's a real delight for RPG fans) although I would be curious to see what's inside the box. What's your consensus on long term value of this thing anyway? Some might argue that this game is an addition to a complete NES library, since even though it's an unlicensed game, it was sold through retail order by a legitimate publisher

Jan 05 at 5:08:15 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: fusoyaff2

So I got my GALF in the mail today. The ink printing on the box is kinda of cheap, but it is really cool to have a sealed NES game. It appears that the boxes for the green and white versions are identical, so the only way you can tell the color of a sealed copy is from a little white or green circular sticker in the bottom left corner of the wrapping. This sticker can be removed or swapped out, leading to even greater confusion!

I'm still debating if I'm even gonna open mine up. I know it would be worth more sealed, and I'm not really particularly into video game golf games (although I also got Golf Story for Wii and I hear it's a real delight for RPG fans) although I would be curious to see what's inside the box. What's your consensus on long term value of this thing anyway? Some might argue that this game is an addition to a complete NES library, since even though it's an unlicensed game, it was sold through retail order by a legitimate publisher

LRG isnt going to be worth anymore sealed. Everyone and their mom will keep theirs sealed because no one plays games. Open it up. Enjoy it. If its worth more sealed, what 20 bucks down the line? who cares.

oh and to the last point. Not anywhere remotely close to the consoles life, so nope doesnt count for any set besides an aftermarket 25 years later set

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/05/2019 at 05:09 AM by quest4nes

Jan 09 at 6:10:37 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
It might be a rare case the most immaculate open game would be worth more because you can actually get to it as there's far less open than sealed up games.

Jan 10 at 1:31:45 AM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Uh? Never heard of such a thing in all my decades of existence. Sealed games and stuff in general is always more valuable unless damaged.

Jan 10 at 8:31:02 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
While there is a pretty good argument that Limited Run Games may not be super valuable down the road (for multiple reasons), an open game will still never be worth more than a sealed game.

And NO ONE will argue that Galf is part of the licensed NES set, unless of course they are trolling or something like that.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jan 10 at 3:05:35 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
So LRG is going to be distributing iam8bit's Metal Storm (along with Castlemania). They didn't do that with Holy Diver right? I love seeing another NES game on the big LRG stage. Hopefully it sparks more demand for NES  

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Jan 10 at 7:48:31 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
So Just got an email saying they will be doing Supet Meat Boy. But it wont be for a few months, and they made a deal to release with Best Buy on Feb. 8th. So you can pre order on Best Buy now or wait until LRG does it in a few months

Jan 13 at 2:11:56 PM
CharlieG (2)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

So Just got an email saying they will be doing Supet Meat Boy. But it wont be for a few months, and they made a deal to release with Best Buy on Feb. 8th. So you can pre order on Best Buy now or wait until LRG does it in a few months

I for one hope they do more of this. The GCU discount plus not having to pay and wait for shipping is pretty sweet. I’m just waiting for Yooka-Laylee to get a Best Buy price drop...

Jan 13 at 2:56:11 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
Originally posted by: CharlieG

I for one hope they do more of this. The GCU discount plus not having to pay and wait for shipping is pretty sweet. I’m just waiting for Yooka-Laylee to get a Best Buy price drop...

Price drop most likely won’t happen. LRG would have to authorize it and I doubt they will. 

Jan 13 at 3:02:07 PM
CharlieG (2)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Mr. CIB

Originally posted by: CharlieG

Price drop most likely won’t happen. LRG would have to authorize it and I doubt they will. 

They’re sitting on a lot of stock at my local Best Buy. Nobody is touching it at $49.99, but it’ll move at $29.99 or $34.99.

Jan 13 at 3:06:43 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Battle Princess Madelyn for the Switch is on Play Asia for $32 right now and its listed on Amazon on the PS4 for $51.

Jan 17 at 10:12:19 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Man I flip flopped a lot over which of the 3 current Switch games to order. On one hand I wanted all three. On the other hand, do I really want DU3 and Iconoclasts more than, say, Ys VIII, which I still don't have?

Ended up just doing Celeste and Danmaku.  Figure I can always trade it away if I have regrets.

Edited: 01/17/2019 at 10:13 PM by Brock Landers

Jan 18 at 1:22:03 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I got celeste. Been wanting that game anyway just didnt want digital. Is there a release date yet for it? Never preordered anything on LRG before

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jan 18 at 1:41:32 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Probably like 3-4 months from now

Jan 18 at 10:03:38 AM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Damn, the game I wanted sold out during my checkout

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Jan 18 at 10:06:12 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
This is a really useful thread, thanks for the clutter-free and easy to read OP!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jan 18 at 10:41:16 AM
Quest4SNES (7)

(Mr. Collector) < Crack Trooper >
Iowa
Originally posted by: LutherDestroysTheGond

you must be referring to Iconoclasts Classic edition? I refreshed until it became available and snagged my 2 quickly. I lazily monitored to see how long sell off ended and I saw it was gone at 8 min after release. But based on your post, likely sooner!

try again tonight, it's probably your final shot getting it from LRG direct I believe.

Edit: atleast I think I read there is both a 10 a.m. release and 6 p.m. release....now I'm not certain so I cannot find that info again.

edit edit: found it, you may be in luck!

Edited: 01/18/2019 at 10:53 AM by Quest4SNES

Jan 18 at 11:09:22 AM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Quest4SNES

Originally posted by: LutherDestroysTheGond

you must be referring to Iconoclasts Classic edition? I refreshed until it became available and snagged my 2 quickly. I lazily monitored to see how long sell off ended and I saw it was gone at 8 min after release. But based on your post, likely sooner!

try again tonight, it's probably your final shot getting it from LRG direct I believe.

Edit: atleast I think I read there is both a 10 a.m. release and 6 p.m. release....now I'm not certain so I cannot find that info again.

edit edit: found it, you may be in luck!

I was just trying to get the standard Vita version and it was gone in less than 3 min. I was going through checkout and it dropped from my order due to being no longer available.

Cool that you snagged one of those nybrefreshing, it dosmesnt always work but it's nice when it does.

I'll be trying again at 6 and hoping I can get Iconoclasts and Proteus

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can