Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Game release bonanza! which ones are you getting?

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:51:35 AM
##### (15)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< El Ripper >
Australian Capital Territory
Whew... it seems there are so many great new games coming out over the next couple of months. Last week Shadow of Mordor, this week Alien Isolation, NBA 2k15 and Drive Club. Next week is The Evil Within and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Week after that you have Bayonetta 2.. week after that is Lords of the Fallen and Sunset Overdrive, which is when I plan on getting an Xbox One. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch but these are just some of the ones I've been considering for October. I won't even bother with listing them all for November.. two Assassins Creed games, Far Cry 4, The Master Chief collection, Little Big Planet 3

Can't help but agree with this video.. would love to see these big games spaced out more throughout the year.

Which ones am I forgetting and what are you looking forward to?

Edited: 10/09/2014 at 03:58 AM by #####

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:44:39 AM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
Playing Shadow Over Mordor and I'm really digging it. Kind of like AC with the combat of Batman in LotR land, and I'm not even that into AC and still enjoy it.

Should be getting Alien later this week been hearing it really nails the atmosphere. Drive Club got mixed reviews but from the people who actually played it have been raving about the driving and graphics so I dunno, I'm waiting for the demo but might cave if not for everything else this month.

Watching a stream of Evil Within right now, could go either way but hope it is good because an old school survival horror game with traps sounds right in my wheelhouse. I have an itch to play Borderlands, but need to see if I can get a couple buddies into it.

After that in Nov is Farcry 4 and I had a blast with 3 and Blood Dragon so I'm all about that. The Crew was pushed to Dec so might check that out too been needing a good racer. Also NES remix.

Then Jan is dead but holy $hit Feb is BloodBourne, Evolve, The Order, and Witcher 3. Geez. March is FF Type 0. April is MK X. Batman is June. And that is not counting all the indie and smaller release stuff. Looks like no shortage of great games in the coming months.

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:46:54 AM
LAMRN15 (3)
< Meka Chicken >
Arkansas
I just got Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros 3DS.

As for the rest of the year, I'm definitely getting AC Unity(PC), Smash Bros(Wii U), Far Cry 4(PC).

I'd like to have AC Rogue, but since I already have Unity, I'm gonna hold off and hope that Rogue comes to PC, because playing it at that resolution and frame rate is just blech. I'll get Bayonetta 2 at some point, though probably not right away. Capt Toad Treasure Tracker is another maybe. Borderlands, I'm just gonna wait for reviews, but I'll likely get that on PC at some point to play co-op with my husband.

I think that's all for the rest of the year, though I'm probably forgetting something. I'm sure I'll pick up a couple things on the Steam Holiday Sale.

-------------------------
My collection: https://spreadsheets.google.com/s...

I'm a PC/console/handheld gamer and retro collector!

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:53:59 AM
LudwigKoopa (69)
(Michael ) < Kraid Killer >
Washington
I know, the next few months are crazy! I'd love to play Shadow of Mordor, Evil Within, and Far Cry 4 right away, but I'll probably hold off until they drop a little in price. I'm using October and some of Nov to hit my backlog around Bayonetta 2's release. Pokemon OR/AS and Smash for Wii U are on Nov 21st so those will take up that month and SSB will last me many months. Also the first round of Mario Kart 8 DLC in Nov will be great to revisit that amazing game. Then I'll probably circle back to some of the ones you mentioned that hopefully get Black Friday/Christmas sales before the 2015 onslaught happens.

Feb 2015 is looking great with Bloodborne, the Order 1886, and the Witcher 3 all spaced appropriately thankfully No word on Nintendo's 2015 release dates though. Amazing time to be up with the current gen.

Wanted to add that I probably should've waited and saved some money to buy Hyrule Warriors. While I love the game, I had to put it down since SSB on 3DS came out right after

Currently Playing:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Xenoblade X

Recently Beat:
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Xenoblade X, Strider 2014

Backlog/Beaten Games:
https://docs.google.com/spreadshe...

Edited: 10/09/2014 at 01:55 AM by LudwigKoopa

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:54:46 AM
snestacular (83)
(Ian Mitchell) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Dragon Age Inquisition FTW!!

------------------------
FS/FT Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
WTB/FTTF Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 9, 2014 at 3:23:57 AM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
Bayonetta is the only game I'll be getting this Fall/Winter. Everything else just seems...okay.

EDIT: Scratch that...I'll also be getting Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby for 3DS.

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Edited: 10/09/2014 at 03:24 AM by acomicbookguyc

Oct 9, 2014 at 4:14:03 AM
scaryice (115)
(scary ice) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I'm getting Evil Within and Far Cry 4 for sure.

WTB/WTTF - Famicom carts (56 needed):

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:38:21 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Bayonetta 2. Never played the first so I got the double pack for the price of just sequel. Isolation I played at EGX. They put it on challenge mode for the demo.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Oct 9, 2014 at 9:16:31 AM
JumpnShootman (3)
(Perry ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
My next two purchases are Smash wii u and Pokemon AS. I'm thinking about Bayonetta 2 since it comes with the first game.

Oct 9, 2014 at 9:49:26 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Shadow of Mordor right now, Borderlands Tuesday, the Pokemon re-makes, Fantasy Life, Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Captain Toad....pretty sure there's more, busy winter ahead.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:16:33 AM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Smash Bros. Wii U
Evil Within
Alien Isolation (once it hits $40 or less)
Bayonetta 2
Sunset Overdrive
Halo Collection (can't wait to play Halo 2 online again)

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:56:33 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: acomicbookguyc

Bayonetta is the only game I'll be getting this Fall/Winter. Everything else just seems...okay. EDIT: Scratch that...I'll also be getting Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby for 3DS.
I thought you were a Halo fan?!?  Blasphemy!

I just picked up Hyrule Warriors (which has been amazing!) and the Master Chief Collection is the only other game that I'm super excited about.  Might even take off that Tuesday if workload permits.

May try out the Dragon Age as well, but DA2 was such a let down that I'm in no hurry there. 

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:02:55 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: jonebone

May try out the Dragon Age as well, but DA2 was such a let down that I'm in no hurry there. 
DA2 was a hastily thrown together mess.  I loved the first Dragon Age, and from what I have read the third should be much more like that.  I'm excited for it.

I will also pick up Bayonetta 2, and probably Shadow of Mordor.  

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:41:24 AM
Malon_Forever (12)
(Malon Forever) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Evil Within is the only game I'm getting for sure. I'm also waiting for Yoshi's Wolly World and Smash.

Collection: http://www.backloggery.com/tball1...
Still debating whether to buy Panzer Dragoon Saga...

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:45:39 AM
Generic (27)
(Eric ) < Kraid Killer >
New Mexico
Alien Isolation and Shadow of Mordor are in my sights.

Originally posted by: alekx

your a nintendo collector, its not a lady killer hobby... Try selling drugs or settle for an ugly chick.

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:59:00 AM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
LotR, 2k15, Lords of the Fallen, Sunset Overdrive, AC Rogue, AC Unity, Halo MC Collection, FC4, SSB, KH 2.5. Yeah, I'll prolly be broke by December.

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:18:43 PM
WolfAlmighty (3)
(Wolfgang Abenteuer) < Lolo Lord >
Washington
I only have a U and a PC so thankfully I won't be tempted by any of the XB1 or PS4 games, but even still I haven't picked up Hyrule Warriors yet (next on my list), there's LEGO Batman 3, Captain Toad, Bayonetta, and NES Remix. And I still have about 6 U games I haven't even had time to play yet (one of which being MK8). So many good games, so little time. I need to clone myself so I can have one of me doing all my work and household stuff, then another one just to game!

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:25:42 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: acomicbookguyc

Bayonetta is the only game I'll be getting this Fall/Winter. Everything else just seems...okay. EDIT: Scratch that...I'll also be getting Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby for 3DS.
I thought you were a Halo fan?!?  Blasphemy!

I just picked up Hyrule Warriors (which has been amazing!) and the Master Chief Collection is the only other game that I'm super excited about.  Might even take off that Tuesday if workload permits.

Definitely blasphemy but it would be down right evil to just let it sit there accumulating dust since I don't have an Xbox One

I'm waiting it out for the Limited Edition Halo Xbox One. I know there's one coming so I'll wait it out. 

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Edited: 10/09/2014 at 01:28 PM by acomicbookguyc

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:36:46 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Shadow of Mordor, NBA 2K15, and Sunset Overdrive for sure. I usually wait to get NBA2K until the season has already started. After I watch the T-Wolves, I usually feel like playing (in real life and the video game).

Not to mention the new Skylanders and Disney Infinity 2.0 for the kids. I should just mail a thousand dollar bill to each and be done with it.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:41:34 AM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Just picked up Super Smash Bros 3DS, and possibly getting Fantasy Life (3DS), and definitely getting Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS). I'm sure i'll also pick up Super Smash Bros Wii U. Beyond all that, that's probably it. Evil Within and Alien look good but I'll wait til the prices drop.

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:41:07 AM
##### (15)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< El Ripper >
Australian Capital Territory
How about the new WoW expansion next month? Anyone care? I may have to reup my subscription and give it a go.

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:05:02 PM
Galdius (13)
< Meka Chicken >
Brazil
This week I got Driveclub, Forza Horizon 2, Smash Bros 3DS and last week I got Hyrule Warriors. I will definitely get Sunset Overdrive and Smash Bros WiiU. Besides those games I don't know which ones I will also get in the coming months.

I also want to get the Smash Bros 3DS console. I think it looks very nice and would love to have it but as it is exclusive to Gamestop I don't think I will ever find one here in Brazil and Gamestop doesn't ship it overseas.

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:06:59 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
I might be getting The Evil Within...I'll wait till the reviews come out to see if it's any good or not. Also Bayonetta 2...if I get a Wii U for Christmas!

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:44:49 AM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
I started seeing what everyone was posting then update the list of what i want to get that i haven't already pre-ordered. There's alot of games that i want to get lol.