Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Feb 17, 2011 at 1:08:18 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
using the collection guide database, why not have a scoreboard ala twingalaxies, but for our members?

(got the idea from a new 'what's your highest NWC score' thread, which i feel like is a repost)

it means having a scorekeeper, but i'm sure of the thousands of members would take that thankless job if it meant getting a badge! hehe.

-------------------------

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Edited: 02/17/2011 at 01:08 PM by zi

Feb 17, 2011 at 2:58:04 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon
good idea. i smell new icons

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:16:14 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
How would we determine a score is legit? No cheating or game genie? Honor system? Recordings?

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:24:02 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Paul

How would we determine a score is legit? No cheating or game genie? Honor system? Recordings?

And if it's recordings, we might as well just BE Twin Galaxies.

I think this is a decent idea, don't get me wrong, but I just see it being tough to impliment.  However, if we could get permission from TG to basically take scores they've verified that belong to members here and host them as an NA only list, it may just work.  If it's a go, I'd be willing to volunteer for the maintenance, so long as people notified me when they got a new score verified (since I'm not gonna scan for real names on a daily basis...just too many names to do that ).

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:57:37 PM
zi (73)
New York
oh no no no no no, my good wiz. these would be NA members only scores.

and as far as verification goes, there'd be a form where u submit yr score and attach a pic.

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:03:21 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
I'll say this much, as it's not my place to announce it.

But something similar to this is in the works, it's been in the works for a bit.

Edited: 02/17/2011 at 04:05 PM by NewUser123456789

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:04:41 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Originally posted by: zi

oh no no no no no, my good wiz. these would be NA members only scores.

and as far as verification goes, there'd be a form where u submit yr score and attach a pic.

I know. I'm saying NA members that have been verified by TG can have their names put on the NA only list here.  Instead of having to set up our own verification method, why not work in conjunction with someone who's already doing it anyway.  Makes more sense to me, especially if the scores are to be trusted.  Who's to say you didn't use, say, the invincibility code in Astyanax to get to the end without seeing a recording?  And who's gonna watch everything in that case?  It's just easier, more efficient, and better all around to have them do the work.  This of course implies that they allow us to use the scores which, while technically data and not subject to copyright law, would still be a courtesy to them for actually doing the work.  Not to mention that it removes conflict-of-interest when one of the people running the list wants to get a score up there.  If I'm doing the verification, who is going to verify MY scores?

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:08:30 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
I agree, that would be neat to have some kind of NES Scoreboard.

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:28:24 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

But something similar to this is in the works, it's been in the works for a bit.

And if you're talking about what I'm thinking, it will be awesome if it ever get real.

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:30:23 PM
zi (73)
New York
Originally posted by: guillavoie

And if you're talking about what I'm thinking, it will be awesome if it ever get real.

well i demand to be heard!

so... ummm, maybe this is an unrelated push for the mysterious thing to be finished?