Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every Switch Game In A Year ~ 2018 88 Beaten; Latest - Smash Ultimate; Leader - D~Funk (24)

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:09:34 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Yeah it may get repetitive in subsequent years, we can always revisit.  

On that note, if you beat a game and feel that the requirements to call it "beaten" are not obvious (such as simply getting to the end of the story) please let me know and I'll make note of it! I don't know what modes exist for Puyo Puyo Tetris for instance, so let's see if we can document that as best we can for future years.  

-------------------------

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:12:24 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
There is a story mode in Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:14:50 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Gloves

Originally posted by: Quaze

Originally posted by: Brock Landers

I have a screencap I'll figure out how to get sent to an email or something, otherwise I'll just take a pic of it...

Yeah pardon my language but frick the screencap function. If there was a way to easily retrieve the screencaps for convenient posting here (ie: if there was a browser on the Switch we could use to come to NA and post the screencaps, or if you could export the screencaps to your computer or phone), I'd use that function. Instead it's a matter of posting to social media or somewhere else, then going and retrieving the screencaps from there, saving them to your phone/computer and deleting them from your social network, then posting them here. It's much quicker and easier (especially for those of us using the NA mobile site) to just snap a pic of the screen on your phone and post it.

If it helps at all, I WILL accept either a screencap OR a photo of the screen.

TBH I just don't like seeing a thread filled with just "Game x is done" over and over. It feels like less of a fun community effort to me, and more like a list of groceries. I want to SEE and appreciate each game as it's beaten.

As I say though, if that's just me and you guys want me to scrap the "requirement" (which I am relatively loose on already), I'd be fine with it. I put it in place to see how it goes, and am very flexible.

I think we're good with posting pics, just the Switch screencap function is a bit inconvenient to use in its current state. No problem for me to just snap a phone pic and post that instead. I agree it's much more fun and interesting to see the pics of a beaten game, so long as the pics are free of spoilers.

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:16:06 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Agreed, I don't have a twitter (or know why anyone other than a reporter would), and my Facebook is for sharing pics of my kids and a means of contact, not pictures of games to befuddle everyone with

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jan 8, 2018 at 11:52:03 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack = finished!

My eBay feedback

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:37:04 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
1/4 through the RCR story. After that the only game I'd have left (for now) is Snipperclips, which I've been doing with my wife, so our progress is slow

edit:  I guess I could do Sine Mora again too

edit:  Retro City Rampage DX is done

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Edited: 01/13/2018 at 12:58 AM by Brock Landers

Jan 21, 2018 at 1:13:01 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Hey guys, quick question: Should we include Limited Run games in the list? I'm currently sticking to physical releases, so I imagine they should count (and you could always just play the digital version for it to count if you don't get the LR release), but am curious what your thoughts are?

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:55:25 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

Hey guys, quick question: Should we include Limited Run games in the list? I'm currently sticking to physical releases, so I imagine they should count (and you could always just play the digital version for it to count if you don't get the LR release), but am curious what your thoughts are?

Yeah for sure, should just be physical games. Sucks that there isn't some sub-category for eShop games that totally should have a physical copy, ie: Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley or Golf Story.

My eBay feedback

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:50:53 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Yeah for sure, should just be physical games. Sucks that there isn't some sub-category for eShop games that totally should have a physical copy, ie: Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley or Golf Story.

I'd honestly be happy to include digital games, but honestly looking at the PS4 and XBox One (and already the Switch as well, really) there are SO MANY, and a whole lot of it will be shovel-ware over time. If there's some list somewhere that I can pull the current release data from I'd happily do so if people want to include digital-only titles, but the maintenance on it becomes much more egregious.

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:57:54 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
I'd vote against it. Or you could do two segregated counts.

Or

You could change this thread to match what Sega-16 did and just say "Can NA beat every Switch game" and include everything, but remove the year constraint. My SNES thread is basically a hybrid of the two methodologies

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:21:21 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

I'd vote against it. Or you could do two segregated counts.

Or

You could change this thread to match what Sega-16 did and just say "Can NA beat every Switch game" and include everything, but remove the year constraint. My SNES thread is basically a hybrid of the two methodologies

Yeah it's probably easier just to skip it, especially given that such a small handful of games really qualify as unique full-experience Switch games (and not the slew of indies/ports etc). Let's just stick to physical releases.

My eBay feedback

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:25:28 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Added Lost Sphear; if you beat it let me know! (and let me know how it was!)

Jan 24, 2018 at 5:56:40 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >

Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ = Finished! (Mom’s Heart beaten!)

What character is that?

I only have a few unlocked, but my best runs have come with Azazel.  Seems like his health recovery is even more luck-based than usual though

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:08:30 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ = Finished! (Mom’s Heart beaten!)

What character is that?

I only have a few unlocked, but my best runs have come with Azazel.  Seems like his health recovery is even more luck-based than usual though

That is Azazel, just in a many-times mutated form. When you switch to Hard Mode you come across a lot more power-ups, which of course can change your appearance. Just working on beating Delirium now, which is a serious task.

My eBay feedback

Jan 31, 2018 at 5:42:17 PM
Adorabear (0)
(Kimi ) < Crack Trooper >
British Columbia
i just noticed this thread! I can participate in this one; hooray!  

I actually finished Rayman Legends the other day, but since I didn't see this thread, I didn't have a screenshot of anything.   Would taking a picture showing I freed all of the Teensies count or me beating the last boss again? If not I complexity understand; I'm just trying to help! ^^

I have been working a lot on Superbeat Xonic lately, so I might be able to get that done by the end of the mode although World Tour mode is quite difficult. I will do my best though! I also have some of these the unbeaten ones in my backlog too! Maybe I will have to get to prioritizing the ones under the unfinished category   Perhaps I will start Rime tomorrow since I have been wanting to play that for a while. I may finally touch BotW soon too; I bought it ages ago but still haven't even opened the actual game case lol

Jan 31, 2018 at 5:59:35 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Adorabear

I actually finished Rayman Legends the other day, but since I didn't see this thread, I didn't have a screenshot of anything.   Would taking a picture showing I freed all of the Teensies count or me beating the last boss again? If not I complexity understand; I'm just trying to help! ^^

I have been working a lot on Superbeat Xonic lately, so I might be able to get that done by the end of the mode although World Tour mode is quite difficult. I will do my best though! I also have some of these the unbeaten ones in my backlog too! Maybe I will have to get to prioritizing the ones under the unfinished category   Perhaps I will start Rime tomorrow since I have been wanting to play that for a while. I may finally touch BotW soon too; I bought it ages ago but still haven't even opened the actual game case lol

Yeah I think if you can just prove you did it, I'll accept it in this case. The Switch is pretty new still, and this is the first time we've done a Switch thread for this, so IMO it's no big deal.

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:14:43 PM
Adorabear (0)
British Columbia

Yeah I think if you can just prove you did it, I'll accept it in this case. The Switch is pretty new still, and this is the first time we've done a Switch thread for this, so IMO it's no big deal.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure since I haven't participated in something like this before. I will make sure for any games going forward that I take a picture of it as I beat them  

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:32:41 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Okay, I just wanted to make sure since I haven't participated in something like this before. I will make sure for any games going forward that I take a picture of it as I beat them  

I like to take a photo any time I beat a game anyway just for fun. It's nice to look back and see what I've beaten in a year.  

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:51:44 PM
Adorabear (0)
British Columbia

I like to take a photo any time I beat a game anyway just for fun. It's nice to look back and see what I've beaten in a year.  

I've never thought of doing anything like that before, but it's a neat idea! I took a picture showing I have all of the Teensies as well as the Golden Teensie character you unlock as a result. Also went to the level with the last boss and was able to see the end cutscene again, so I took one of part of that as well as when the credits started. Now...how do I get any of those from my Switch to here? XD I've never even taken a screenshot on the Switch before, so I have no clue how to share. Is there something in particular I have to do in order to uploaded or do I need  to be taking pictures of the picture? lol

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:55:29 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

I've never thought of doing anything like that before, but it's a neat idea! I took a picture showing I have all of the Teensies as well as the Golden Teensie character you unlock as a result. Also went to the level with the last boss and was able to see the end cutscene again, so I took one of part of that as well as when the credits started. Now...how do I get any of those from my Switch to here? XD I've never even taken a screenshot on the Switch before, so I have no clue how to share. Is there something in particular I have to do in order to uploaded or do I need  to be taking pictures of the picture? lol

I believe you go to Home > Albums. From there you can upload to Facebook or Twitter.

Generally, it's also acceptable to simply take a photo of your screen with you phone. Whatever's easiest for you!

Jan 31, 2018 at 8:22:52 PM
Adorabear (0)
British Columbia
I ended up taking a picture of the screenshot with my phone this time. I may try it the other way next time, although I would have no clue how to get the picture from something like Facebook to here....I barely know how to use FB lol

Yay Rayman!  

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:12:49 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Looks good to me, good job!  

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:41:48 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
I'm maybe 5-10 hours into Skrim. So I'll have it cleared in April lol

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:52:36 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

I'm maybe 5-10 hours into Skrim. So I'll have it cleared in April lol

Sounds about right lol.

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:58:03 AM
MrPeaPod (0)