Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Bubble Bobble 2 and Panic Restaurant Protos?

LOCKED TOPIC

Nov 17, 2007 at 10:09:10 AM
raregamergirl (24)
(Sara Holmquist) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Profile
Jared- jason did not know the whole drama involved here and the situation etc when he bought the item. He did not know that the seller had backed out of the deal in favor of selling them separately on ebay. In fact, he did not even know about the games being back on ebay separately until anta, he and I were in the chat room. He then received the link to the BB2- without the background of what had happened. and purchased the bubble bobble 2.

You can't sit here and blame Jason for something the seller did. If your anger belongs somewhere, it is clearly towards the seller of the games. Jason was just a buyer and had no knowledge of the drama surrounding the games.

Nov 17, 2007 at 10:27:03 AM
langenfeld (279)
(Michael Langenfeld) < El Ripper >
Alabama
Profile
I want nothing to do with this, but DreamTR did know that those protos were purchased by Mark before they were relisted, why else would he have offered to buy them from him on the first page of this thread? That being said, I don't really have a problem with DreamTR buying the proto, why wouldn't he? I wish it could have been different, like one of us use the BIN and sit on payment until Mark was either able or unable to finish his transaction. Bottom line, sucks bad enough for Mark without adding all this drama to it, there is none of us to blame for this, or defend for that matter!

Nov 17, 2007 at 10:47:26 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Profile
Sweet,for once I am not the center of NA drama

Nov 17, 2007 at 11:05:25 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Profile
jesus, lets just drop this shit. DreamTR offered to buy the BB2 proto BEFORE the shit hit the fan. He had NO IDEA that the seller had relisted and in doing so fucked over MrMark. It sucks for both, but Jason is NOT a bad guy.

SO back on topic...
auctions are pulled. Any contact with the seller Mark?

Josh

-------------------------
eBay listings here

Nov 17, 2007 at 11:18:12 AM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Profile
Originally posted by: qixmaster

jesus, lets just drop this shit. DreamTR offered to buy the BB2 proto BEFORE the shit hit the fan. He had NO IDEA that the seller had relisted and in doing so fucked over MrMark. It sucks for both, but Jason is NOT a bad guy.

SO back on topic...

auctions are pulled. Any contact with the seller Mark?

Josh

Doing my best, but as most of you could assume he hasn't responded to anything I've thrown at him. I called once, if I don't receive anything I could probably go as far as making him want to change his phone number, but they may be it.

-------------------------

Nov 17, 2007 at 11:47:38 AM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Profile
And raregamergirl, just for the record, Ant sent me a PM at 10:07 PM forum time telling me that he almost hit the BIN but didn't because of the shit going on here. If you and Jason were chatting with him, how could Jason not know about this when he hit the buy it now several hours later?

There has been way too many questioning members ethics in this thread, that is not what this community is about. The short of it is that the seller is a piece of shit and anything on Ebay is fair game. You don't have to defend why you did or didn't buy something, all is fair in Love and Ebay.

Everyone should go back to being themselves and not pointing fingers, this community is about people sharing their love for collecting. I'll settle everything I can with the seller and I'll update you guys if I hear anything new.

Jason, let us know if the game arrives and if it is any different than the other known protos of BB2.

-------------------------

Nov 17, 2007 at 3:17:26 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Profile
Let's set a few more things straight.

MrMark: I don't sit and live on the computer every waking hour. I did not know these were relisted until I went in the the Nintendo Age chat room when ant and Raregamergirl asked me how much I thought those protos were worth, and I told them. I said I needed a BB2 auction and ant said it was on eBay, and I said, "Really?" I asked what the link was and I bought it immediately. This was right when I bought them item. I did not "wait several hours" to buy it. The seller apparently relisted it hours before I even KNEW about it.

Jaredkk: I said I wanted to BUY the protO (SINGULAR) in the thread, but I did not come back and check this thread to see what was going on. I have a lot of other things going on in my life, so you can't assume I am following up every waking moment on Nintendo Age drama. WIth that in mind, read the paragraph above. I did not buy Panic Restaurant, I only wanted BB2.

Nofriendo: YOu said you did not want to start anything, but you mentioned that I bought the game, which is fine, the but it's the WAY you wrote it. "I don't want to start anything, BUT REDFROGUSA is DreamTR and he bought the proto."

Again, if there are any questions, read the above. Jared, I had no idea there was some community backlash on this, but if you don't believe me, I don't really care, your problem, not mine. If I really did what everyone is thinking, I would not have waited 6 hours to buy a Bubble Bobble 2 proto and risk someone else buying it now would I? Make sure you THINK clearly and concisely about these things before my name ever gets brought up in the middle of this so you don't look silly later on when your assessment of blame is dissected.

-------------------------
www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Nov 17, 2007 at 4:02:02 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Profile
Jason, I'm not saying you live on these forums, I'm just saying that Ant PMed saying that he almost bought the BB2 proto but didn't because he saw what was going on here, then several hours after he sent that message you bought it. I'm a little surprised that he didn't mention that during your chat thats all.

-------------------------

Nov 17, 2007 at 4:08:56 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Profile
MrMark: him almost buying it and sending you a message telling you that and then me finding out about it and buying it are completely different. I bought the game late at night when he told me about it in the NA chat. I did not find out about it until I stepped into that room that night.

-------------------------
www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Nov 17, 2007 at 7:04:54 PM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Profile
Well nevermind.......It looks like I somehow got drug into this Bullshit now

Nov 18, 2007 at 10:47:29 AM
D4RK M4R10 (21)
(Adam ) < El Ripper >
New York
Profile
Originally posted by: burnambill333

Originally posted by: NationalGameDepot

I am curious what others have to say.

~~NGD

What I have to say is man do I love Nintendo Age drama!!

So agreed lol, this is a very interesting case...I read the whole thing on this...

Seller is a peice of crap..

-------------------------

â—„Super Castlevania IV [SEALED] and Earthworm Jim 2 [SEALED] for Sale  http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&... â–º

Nov 18, 2007 at 1:32:31 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Profile
Originally posted by: NOFRIENDO

Well nevermind.......It looks like I somehow got drug into this Bullshit now

You can run but you can't hide, Chad!

-------------------------

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Nov 19, 2007 at 3:37:44 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Profile
BB2 just got here today

-------------------------
www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Nov 19, 2007 at 4:06:46 PM
SONIKtheHEDGEHOG (119)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Profile

Seriously.. If this had happened to me... I would be pretty pissed... I can't believe somebody else on the forums bought this proto after knowing where it came from... The auction would have been pulled by ebay and Mark may have still had a fighting chance at getting it... And to make things worse after DreamTR gets it... He says, "BB2 just got here today" This thread was pretty much done and over with... This new post just really pissed me off for some reason... It just seems he's trying to rub it in after all that...

I am not trying to ruffle feathers here, even though I'm sure it will... There's just a major lack of ethics here... Hope you enjoy the tainted cart...

Edited: 11/19/2007 at 05:03 PM by SONIKtheHEDGEHOG

Nov 19, 2007 at 4:21:47 PM
pedro! (24)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Pedro Games) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
Profile
I must have missed the terms of service agreement when I joined the site, the one that states the rule that Jason broke by buying the proto cart. Had the game been pulled from ebay, someone would have simply bought it off ebay, and for much more than Mark paid. I think it was crap the way the seller screwed Mark out of the games, but that doesn't now mean that Jason, hands down the biggest proto collector on the site, should also have to suffer. This is not like passing on a Stadium Events that will just come along again in a couple of months. You can't just wait for the next BB2 proto to inevitably pop up on ebay.

-------------------------
WWW.PEDROGAMES.COM

Edited: 11/19/2007 at 04:22 PM by pedro!

Nov 19, 2007 at 4:26:49 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Profile
Yeah, Mark is fine with Jason buying it, so why should I or anyone else feel any different?

Nov 19, 2007 at 4:38:09 PM
jaredkk (57)
(Jared Klinger) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Profile
Originally posted by: DreamTR

BB2 just got here today

That's wrong, thats just low...

-------------------------

Nov 19, 2007 at 4:39:46 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Profile
If anything I would want to know if I was Mark, that way he now knows he isn't going to get it and can stop trying. Not been a good situation but at least someone from here snagged it if nothing else.
~~NGD

-------------------------
Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Nov 19, 2007 at 4:45:06 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Profile
A PM would have been a fine heads up, glad to know my "getting fucked" is now cemented.

-------------------------

Nov 19, 2007 at 9:08:57 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Profile
MrMark: I'm getting a bit ticked about this "bad guy" crap. I just bought something on eBay after I walked into NA, and now I feel like I have to defend myself and imagine what I am supposed to say to you. A PM? How was I supposed to know this? In fact, how was anyone supposed to know based on your $100 offer was not teo end the auction early since you did not say that in your question?

I'm sick and tired of defending myself when I did nothing wrong here and you just come on out and have these little chastising remarks again as if I was "supposed" to do something.

Here's the email I sent to the seller, who is 100% the reason why you did not get the game, NOT ME, so get things straight again.

Jared: WTF invited you to the peanut gallery? No one is being low or gloating about anything. People wanted to know what happened and this is what happened. I did nothing wrong here. In fact, if you want to be straight up, I still say MrMark offered to end the item early, clearly did not ask for a BIN, lowballed the seller, and then said that is not what he meant when asked about it on this forum. It is the seller who decided to relist these on eBay. It was the SELLER who had them up for 6 hrs before I bought ONE of the protos. SELLER. If I was being "low" I would have went into one of the finders keepers things and had pics all over the place like some people do when they get things over others, but I do not.

This whole thing is the seller's fault. Don't get me involved in this when I had nothing to do with the decision of the seller to relist them.

Sonik: No one is ruffling feathers, that was not meant to be a stab or brag at anyone. I don't even have a freaking website, what do I care? I collect for myself, no one else.

Fact is MrMark tried to lowball the person in the first place. He won the item at the same price, but someone must have educated the seller on protos or offered more money. IF he would have done this before, would the seller have relisted it anyway? No one will ever know, but I posted my ONLY communication ever with the buyer.

Hi, Jason~

I'm glad the game arrived safe and sound...I had no idea those games would cause such a commotion!

To avoid further problems...I plead the fifth.

I do still have Panic Restaurant and somewhere I have the original artwork for that game. Seems people in the NES community are interested in this sort of thing, as well. I can't sell them on e-bay from what I can tell through research. Any thoughts?

~Jana

From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Bubble Bobble 2 Arrived!
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:35:32 -0600

Hey Jana, I received the game today, many thanks!

Quick question, what exactly caused you to relist the item on eBay after mrmark won it? Did someone let you know what the true value of the game was, or make an offer? It is a mystery to everyone and in the NES community we are trying to figure out exactly if anyone (who) made you an offer beforehand to end the auction and if someone told you (other than MrMark) what the items were worth.

Also, what did you do with Panic Restaurant?

-------------------------
www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Edited: 11/19/2007 at 09:18 PM by DreamTR

Nov 19, 2007 at 9:22:22 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Profile
Dain or NGD: I honestly suggest you guys lock this thread because apparently me buying protos from people on eBay 6hrs after they are listed is not conforming to "community" standards, and everything else in here will just be bickering.

-------------------------
www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Nov 19, 2007 at 9:42:52 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Profile
If this happened to me I'd be pissed too but you can't fault DreamTR for what he did if he just walked into the situation...he had nothing to do with it. The moral of the story is don't post or even talk about eBay auctions until they've already arrived at your doorstep and are in your hand. If somebody else posts a great auction you won (like in this case) then send a PM to that person asking to remove it.

Lock thread.

-Nick

-------------------------
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Nov 19, 2007 at 9:47:13 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Profile
I have to agree. This whole situation sucks. The seller is a complete and utter asshat is totally to blame for this all. Someone would have bought the proto either way whether it was Jason or someone else on ebay, it wouldn't have lasted long at that price bottomline. If people should be mad at anyone is should be the seller not Jason IMO.

That being said there is nothing that can be done about it now and there is zero need to bitch and complain back and forth. We don't need the drama or hassle. If you don't like what Jason done, don't buy from him in the future. If you are pissed at the seller, then don't buy from her. Mark I a sorry you didn't get your stuff, it truly sucks and the seller has zero ethics for going back on a done deal. If people have beefs with each other do it over PMs cause the rest of us are tired of the drama on the boards. Thread Locked!
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread