NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Second Dimension on Steam >> Retro/Console games on Steam

Aug 25 at 9:45:20 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Hey everyone,
Some time ago I had released Get'em Gary on Steam using Gradual Games GGvm that ran NES games.

You can snag it here if you'd like: https://store.steampowered.com/ap...

*IF* you do snag this version, there isn't a playable ROM that comes with it  (see below).

Anyway, there's a lot of folks who don't want physical copies of other games, but would like a ROM if available. There are also those that like PC versions, so, I decided to take another stab at this and see if I could get a better result than the release of Get'em Gary on Steam (back then you had to go through Greenlight, which was a $500 entry barrier).

A few days ago, I released the Second Dimension RetroPak Vol. 1. This is Second Dimension's current NES library in one digital package. It comes with a front-loader that gives some game information (developer, description, release year, etc), digital (PDF) manuals, and of course the play button. This package comes with 7 games!
  • AO
  • Beer Slinger
  • Blow'em Out
  • Family Picross
  • Get'em Gary
  • NES Virus Cleaner
  • Perfect Pair
This does come with the NES ROM's (rename the files to NES), so those who just want the ROM files can snag all of them in one package, and those that just want a simple way to play the games, this gives them an option as well.

You can snag it here: https://store.steampowered.com/ap...

It's currently 10% off for the launch - I'm not sure how long that's going to last, though.

You can also get a digital copy (Steam Key) from me directly for the non-discount price (this is due to Steam's requirements of not undercutting potential Steam sales). However, in compliance with Steam's rules, I can offer other discounts elsewhere, so, if you purchase a Steam Key off of me directly, any physical game is $5 off (as well as free shipping over $100)

Anyway, if the Steam thing proves to be a solid avenue for future releases, I'll use this thread as a way to announce and list all available titles/packages.

As always, feedback is welcomed!

-------------------------
Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Aug 26 at 6:48:12 AM
Indo (4)
(Chris ) < Crack Trooper >
New Jersey
Great announcement Adam. For perfect pair, are you going to be selling a physical copy on your site?

Deadeye.bit        Twitter       Instagram

Aug 26 at 7:42:15 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Indo

Great announcement Adam. For perfect pair, are you going to be selling a physical copy on your site?

I'm not 100% sure at the moment. I've been debating it, so it might be a Valentines 2020 re-release

Aug 26 at 12:11:26 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Awesome looking good, might have to grab a few of these and give them a go!  

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Aug 26 at 2:06:31 PM
Indo (4)
(Chris ) < Crack Trooper >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: dra600n

I'm not 100% sure at the moment. I've been debating it, so it might be a Valentines 2020 re-release

I'd be interesed in the re-release.   

Deadeye.bit        Twitter       Instagram

Aug 26 at 4:07:44 PM
drludos (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Wonderful, congratulations on the release!

Out of curiosity, what emulator did you use to create this pack?

Download ROMs of my games: https://drludos.itch.io/
Support my work and get access to betas and prototypes: https://www.patreon.com/drludos

Aug 26 at 4:11:58 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: fcgamer

Awesome looking good, might have to grab a few of these and give them a go!  

Thanks! You won't be disappointed  

Originally posted by: dra600n

I'd be interesed in the re-release.   

Noted  

Originally posted by: drludos

Wonderful, congratulations on the release!

Out of curiosity, what emulator did you use to create this pack?

Mednafen  

Aug 27 at 3:10:32 AM
Svambo (2)

(Sv. Bo.) < Little Mac >
Germany
As far as I remember retroscribe did a port of Blow em out to the SNES too. Do you own the rights to that and are you going to release that one too someday?

Aug 27 at 6:59:00 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Svambo

As far as I remember retroscribe did a port of Blow em out to the SNES too. Do you own the rights to that and are you going to release that one too someday?

Yep, as well as a Genesis version. I do own the rights to all of Retroscribes titles, and eventually one day plan on releasing everything. It's just trying to find the demand, since they did release most of their titles.