Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Final Fantasy VII remake Who is getting FFVII remake ?

Aug 15 at 1:32:29 PM
NES Connoisseur (0)
(Nintendo Enthusiast ) < Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
I don’t know if I am getting this or not ..

Edited: 08/27/2019 at 08:04 AM by NES Connoisseur

Aug 15 at 1:33:32 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Uuuuuh yeah guy.

-------------------------
Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 15 at 1:51:26 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I'll definitely get it, but not at launch. I'll wait until it's under $20. I don't have enough need for this game to pay full price at launch.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Aug 15 at 2:04:51 PM
Indo (4)
(Chris ) < Crack Trooper >
New Jersey
I am very interested in FF7R, being a big fan of FF7 and replaying it every few years. However I don't have a PS4. I don't know if I will get the console just for this though. Not really interested in any other PS4 exclusives. If FF7R comes out for Switch down the road or if I have a PC that can handle it, all about it then.

Deadeye.bit        Twitter       Instagram

Aug 15 at 2:11:39 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
If it was true to the original I would, but seeing as it will be released in parts and is an action RPG now, no thanks

SW-6786-5095-2210

Aug 15 at 2:12:36 PM
NES Connoisseur (0)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Indo

I am very interested in FF7R, being a big fan of FF7 and replaying it every few years. However I don't have a PS4. I don't know if I will get the console just for this though. Not really interested in any other PS4 exclusives. If FF7R comes out for Switch down the road or if I have a PC that can handle it, all about it then.

I never purchase a console just for one game ..It has always been my practice to purchase a console if it had at least 5 games that I want for it ..

Aug 15 at 2:17:21 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
I will. But its going to be released in chapters. Im curious about how the materia system will be now that its an action RPg.

Aug 15 at 2:19:00 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I purchased a PS1 just for FF VII. I might purchase a PS4 just for FFVIIR... maybe. If I do, I'll wait until it's cheap and I'll also wait to get a PS4 when prices drop due to the PS5, or if the PS5 wins me over with 100% back-compatibility, I'll just play it on a PS5.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Aug 15 at 2:25:53 PM
VinnieOgames (5)
< Tourian Tourist >
I really dislike the mechanics in the newer final fantasy installments. I'm still buying this day one because I'm really interested to see the treatment here.

Aug 15 at 2:56:57 PM
NES Connoisseur (0)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: rlh

I purchased a PS1 just for FF VII. I might purchase a PS4 just for FFVIIR... maybe. If I do, I'll wait until it's cheap and I'll also wait to get a PS4 when prices drop due to the PS5, or if the PS5 wins me over with 100% back-compatibility, I'll just play it on a PS5.

^^This 

Aug 16 at 9:46:58 AM
unish25 (0)
(Shinu Chacko) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
I pre-ordered this game on Amazon about 3 years ago...been waiting since. My first paycheck went to gamestop for a ps1 and a ff7  

Aug 16 at 9:47:48 AM
unish25 (0)
United States
Agreed, but times are changing and games are changing. But from the rumors I heard from the E3 and the Demo's that people played, it's well worth it! 

Aug 16 at 9:49:27 AM
unish25 (0)
United States
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

I'll definitely get it, but not at launch. I'll wait until it's under $20. I don't have enough need for this game to pay full price at launch.

I have never paid above $30.00 for a game on the ps4 so far. This game was the only exception I made. 

Aug 16 at 9:50:59 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Only if it comes out on Switch. So probably not.

Aug 16 at 12:32:46 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: B.A.

Only if it comes out on Switch. So probably not.
I'd wager it would be somewhere between 0% and 0.5%.

Switch won't have the testicles for it.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 16 at 1:03:30 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
If Square does this correctly, there's no way it will come
To Switch. I'm remaining optimistic. Sure, I'd much prefer a trun-based, JRPG remake that finds some way to spruce up that old-skool mechanic without killing the essence of that, but as someone said above, I get that times are changing. I have no clue why turn-based RPGs can't be an active, blockbuster genre today, but it's not and these games need to appeal to both young and old gamers. Certainly SE understands that they can't screw this up. Sure, "people will buy it" but messing with an time honored, well loved classic is risky and CERTAINLY they know that if they piss of fans, many of us might say good-bye to their company for good, or just opt to buy any worthwhile game second-hand as to not give them profits.

I'm not expecting a modern classic. All I want is to relive the general experience (oh, pleeeeeaaaaaase have an updated but consistent Materia system with insane effect combos) and let me relive all of those painfully new-to-3D moments that still somehow conveyed a ton of emotion and a good story. That's all I want. Good Materia handling, and great voice acting between Cloud and Barret and Cloud and Aeris.

And speaking of Aeris, wonder if she will be Aeris or "Aerith" as she was often transliterated.

Aug 16 at 3:14:57 PM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Cant trust Nomura with a series of game with "no roadmap"

KDDK Player  

Aug 16 at 6:52:52 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
I will probably buy a ps4 to play this game eventually. I really want to play this and see how they do this. I'm nervous of bad to mediocre voice acting. FF X comes to mind.

FT/FS list  ​​​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list ​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 19 at 1:45:52 PM
BreaKBeatZ (59)
< Lolo Lord >
District of Columbia
Apparently the first installment is completely in Midgar, which is a huge bummer. The game gets so much more enjoyable after the world opens up. This also means they must be extending the whole Midgar section of the game.

Aug 20 at 12:38:56 PM
omarchafa (12)
(Julio Castrejon) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
I'm not paying full price for an incomplete game that only gives you a fraction of what the original offered. It logically doesn't make sense that the remake only gives you the Midgard portion while the original game gives you everything.

"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

Aug 20 at 12:51:26 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: BreaKBeatZ

Apparently the first installment is completely in Midgar, which is a huge bummer. The game gets so much more enjoyable after the world opens up. This also means they must be extending the whole Midgar section of the game.

I completely agree.  Midgar is always a bit of a slog on replays.  I actually payed for FF VII on the Switch because I try to play through the game once every 5-7 years and it was time.  I take my time in this area because I just don't enjoy it.

But, Midgar could be expanded a bit and it could be awesome, I suppose.  I wonder if this is going to be more of an episodic title and by that, I mean, you buy the game (maybe for $25-30) and it's a 1520 hour game, with each following installment also being that long.  If it's a full blown game, though, just in Midgar then... I don't know what they are going to do.  I mean, isn't the whole Midgar start about 2-3 days in game?  There's not a lot of meat on that plot. 

It also makes me wonder if following installments will be on the PS4 or the PS5.  If there are 3-4 installments, and each one is released every 9 months, or so, then that will be well into the PS5 lifespan.  This is also partially why I'm waiting for the PS5.  If subsequent games will be released on the PS5, I might wait until there's a "bundle" of all the games for the PS5 and play them all on that machine.

Edited: 08/20/2019 at 12:53 PM by rlh

Aug 20 at 1:52:05 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Midgar section is awesome, it's also where all of the main characters come in and it will give them an opportunity to expand on them a little bit more.

There is obviously going to be a lot more drawn out character development in this one.

When you are captured in the Shinra building and wake up to find blood everywhere, JENOVA missing and the President with Sephiroth's masamune in his back is one of the best moments in the entire game hands down.

It is a massive turning point in the plot and you start learning about who Sephiroth/Solider is.

They really need to nail that spot in this remake.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 08/20/2019 at 01:55 PM by Uncle Meat

Aug 20 at 3:00:30 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
Being able to freely roam midgar and not just being a sprite on a 2d backdrop would be amazing. I would love to just experience the geography of Midgar in a more natural setting.

FT/FS list  ​​​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list ​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 20 at 4:27:25 PM
HammerDaddy (8)
< El Ripper >
Antartica
Does the pope shit in the woods?

I really hope they don't screw this up because I'm pretty excited for it. I got the original on launch day and I intend on doing the same with the remake.

Aug 20 at 4:45:51 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
I think that they even had the testicles to remake the game in the first place says enough.

FF-VII is my favourite game of all time and I'm not even worried about them fucking it up, sure the battle system isn't what I want but frig it.

11/10 call on keeping Tifa's original design too.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!