Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Midwest Gaming Classic 2019 April 12-14 Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Jan 07 at 7:12:15 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Who is attending?? They do have a new website up.

New MGC Website below.
https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/home/

Edited: 02/18/2019 at 11:23 AM by Sign Collector Guy

Jan 07 at 8:19:03 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Or you know, you could always help by being a part of the NintendoAge room that we have at the show each and every year. We always need ideas and content to display.

Jan 07 at 9:44:22 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: B.A.

Or you know, you could always help by being a part of the NintendoAge room that we have at the show each and every year. We always need ideas and content to display.
I am totally for this!!! My personality just wants to be helpful with something. I help set up the vendor hall last year Thursday before the show. That was really a cool experience and alot of work.
We should chat. They were saying NA may be out on the floor this year rather than in a back room? They mentioned other groups maybe wanting to do the same. The museum portion is going to be twice the square footage this year I was told. Having more crowd traffic could be cool and maybe not. I dont know.

Edited: 01/07/2019 at 09:45 AM by Sign Collector Guy

Jan 07 at 7:51:52 PM
Beabull (8)
< Eggplant Wizard >
I am debating on going still. I was told by Capt Morgan there was one in Columbus, which is a smaller but closer, so might pop my cherry with that one.

Jan 07 at 9:25:40 PM
Quinten (16)
(Quinten Tallman) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Haven't gone the last 2yrs but went before that. It's no longer at the old location correct?

Jan 07 at 9:48:25 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Quinten

Haven't gone the last 2yrs but went before that. It's no longer at the old location correct?

Correct, it's at the convention center and was a big upgrade over the hotel. Tons of space, tons of hotel rooms, bars, and way more playable cabinets and pinball.

-------------------------

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Jan 07 at 10:05:29 PM
Quinten (16)
(Quinten Tallman) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Might have to go back then... old place was cramped it was wet (rain/snow) in the tent and if I remember there was one year the power went out in the morning.

Jan 08 at 12:21:31 AM
dewisp02 (78)
(Mr. Jason) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
I have a hotel room booked already in case by gf and I decide to go. I may bring my Mario bros mushroom kingdom pinball this year. Haven't decided if I want to haul it up from the basement yet. If I don't bring MB:MK, I will bring Popeye or punchout arcade, depending what people want.

WANTED NES: BoxBomberman II, Bubble Bobble 2, Chubby Cherub, Color A Dinosaur, Pro Sport Hockey, Volleyball
                      Manual- Dragon Fighter, Jetson's, Operation Secret Storm, SCAT, Stack Up, Stinger, Sword Master
                      Manual and Box- Arkanoid, Jimmy Connor's Tennis, Little Ninja Brothers, Mickey in Numberland, Sqoon

Jan 08 at 11:03:28 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
Wata will be setting up at MGC this year, can't wait to see the show. If I/we can provide anything for the NA room, I'd be happy to bring along a few items.

Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Jan 08 at 11:13:03 AM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Ooo I might be able to attend this year :-)

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Jan 08 at 6:24:35 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Dan just approved my new panel. I'll be there.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jan 08 at 6:25:22 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: Quinten

Might have to go back then... old place was cramped it was wet (rain/snow) in the tent and if I remember there was one year the power went out in the morning.

I think knowing what we know from last year, this year is going to be badass. Meaning, how much space, the power situation, how to get cold ones in. The extra room and reduced noise because of people being spread out made it an awesome place to bond with the other NA guys at night.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 01/08/2019 at 06:28 PM by Ferris Bueller

Jan 08 at 6:32:43 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
While it is still a great time, I for one missed the hotel last year. The tent for the vendor hall sucked, but I liked how close everything was in the hotel. Plus being in a hotel we had less rules to adhere to vs being in a convention center. I mean security got mad at us for wondering around in the bowels of the building...The nerve of those guys am I right???    The Saturday night after party was also was less fun.

All things considered though they were still pretty cool about letting us keep the NA room open really late for everyone to hang out. Most people at the show turn into pumpkins at around 8pm, we are just getting started!

Edited: 01/08/2019 at 06:44 PM by B.A.

Jan 08 at 8:11:28 PM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
After a brief hiatus, I plan to return triumphantly to MGC this year with the familiar MN crew, beers in hand.

Jan 08 at 11:49:16 PM
Sticky (185)
(Sn0 Bro) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Ice.Cold.Beer.

Jan 09 at 12:43:15 AM
Archangel3090 (37)
< El Ripper >
Manitoba
Originally posted by: Sticky

Ice.Cold.Beer.

i'll be your huckleberry

Jan 09 at 10:17:51 AM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: The Count

After a brief hiatus, I plan to return triumphantly to MGC this year with the familiar MN crew, beers in hand.

....and with that being said I'm happy to say I'll be the newest addition to said MN crew. 😉

May the force be with you.

Jan 09 at 11:41:40 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: Foochie776

Originally posted by: The Count

....and with that being said I'm happy to say I'll be the newest addition to said MN crew. 😉

Parents. Warn your children. :-)

Jan 09 at 12:30:30 PM
romevi (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
I went last year. It was awesome! So much good stuff. I thought I knew vintage systems but, man, there were at least a handful I didn't know existed.
Visited the NA room as well. Got to play Twin Dragons, and got to fondle and play Action 53 Vol. 1 with the glorious Streemerz game. I love that game so much, and bummed I wasn't around when the carts went up for sale.

Definitely going this year!

"When you desire to play video games as much as you desire the air you breathe, then you will have the time to play video games."
- Socrates

Jan 09 at 1:52:48 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
I have officially become torn on helping or just going and enjoying. Or trying to do both. haha

Jan 09 at 1:58:30 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

I have officially become torn on helping or just going and enjoying. Or trying to do both. haha

It's very possible to do both if you're not a vendor.

I'm glad they finally made the Saturday private party open to vendors now, because when the fuck else were we supposed to go?   (And keep in mind we pay the same admission price as everybody else)

Jan 10 at 12:29:18 AM
The Legendary Rich Ambler (0)
(Nintendo World Champion 1990 1st Runner-Up Nintendo World Championships 1990 Tampa Champion) < Tourian Tourist >
Wisconsin
I hope to attend although I am unsure in what capacity I'll be attending yet, if at all. If I do go, I plan on entering the MGC Tetris tournament this year which should help me get re-acclimated to competitive play again for the CTWC later this year. I declined an invitation to the recent Retro City Festival partly due to timing issues. That ended up being the right decision because my wife ended up in the hospital with a quadruple bypass over that weekend and I would have ended up coming right back home in an emergency situation. Hopefully my wife will be well enough so that I can attend this years MGC. 2019 has been a mess so far but at least my wife is still with me. On a side note, I wish the MGC would host CTWC satellites. I guess last years satellite was held in Madison Wisconsin where they also hold the Tecmo Bowl World Championships. I didn't hear anything about it until afterward and am unsure if they are hosting the CTWC satellite again this year.

"We're doing it for fun... we're doing it for Mario!"

Jan 10 at 8:48:39 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

It's very possible to do both if you're not a vendor.

I'm glad they finally made the Saturday private party open to vendors now, because when the fuck else were we supposed to go?   (And keep in mind we pay the same admission price as everybody else)

Indeed. I would also be coming without the GF this year who really isnt into it like I am. So that changes the dynamic for me quite a bit.

Jan 10 at 9:38:23 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas

MGC is big enough to be worth travelling to, but not so big that helping out eats all your time. I went last year and pitched in because I knew they'd need help with the venue move. Even with pitching in, filming the Dragon Warrior video, and networking for LPGE, I still had plenty of time to talk to the NA guys and hang out in the room late night. Unlike MAG where I kinda just run around all the time and then it's over.

Last year's video because it was so awesome...

Edited: 01/10/2019 at 09:41 AM by Ferris Bueller

Jan 10 at 9:38:53 AM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I wish I could go if I had a way I would bring some of my more weird stuff