NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Midwest Gaming Classic Nintendo Age Room

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:36:39 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Hello all,

Once again, there will be a large presence of Nintendo Agers at the Midwest Gaming Classic coming up in Milwaukee on April 12th and 13th. If you haven't made it to this show, I highly recommend it. Tons of floor space for buying games, free play arcades, panels and much much more.

https://www.midwestgamingclassic....

Just as the last few years, we will have a room to display some cool items from the community and that is where you can help. As of now rizz will be displaying his new homebrew, Armed for Battle.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

We would love for addtional items to show off to the community, weather you are able to make it to the show or not. There is an option to sell any items of interest as well. We will also be able to use the room after show hours to socialize and game as in past years. PM me if you have any questions, or if you have something to contribute.

Thanks!

-------------------------

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Edited: 02/17/2014 at 08:37 PM by doner24

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:50:03 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Sorry I can not make this show this year. I have to go to oaklahoma for training.

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Feb 18, 2014 at 12:09:27 AM
retroneshunter (2)

(Rob Berndl) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Ill be there again!

Feb 18, 2014 at 7:23:43 AM
snesei (26)
(Corey Chappell) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
I'm gonna try to make it, looks like a cool little con

Snesei's Pak Watch - A chronological exploration through Nintendo Power, live every Tuesday 8PM EST. Also I make VGM inspired dance music <3 
twitch.tv/snesei
soundcloud.com/snesei

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:38:12 PM
rizz (9)
(Frank Westphal) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: snesei

It's fantastic.  MGC has grown year after year.  Ton's of free play machines in the museum from 70's consoles up to present day.  There's many different tournaments (I hope Tetris will have even more competitors this year).  Here's an idea of how big it is becoming...  "The Midwest Gaming Classic returns on April 12th and 13th, 2014 to the Brookfield Sheraton, adding a new 10,000+ square foot heated temp...orary structure to help expand the event beyond the walls of the Sheraton itself!"

My Development Blog

Feb 18, 2014 at 5:27:26 PM
milesp1 (23)
(Miles ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: rizz

It's fantastic.  MGC has grown year after year.  Ton's of free play machines in the museum from 70's consoles up to present day.  There's many different tournaments (I hope Tetris will have even more competitors this year).  Here's an idea of how big it is becoming...  "The Midwest Gaming Classic returns on April 12th and 13th, 2014 to the Brookfield Sheraton, adding a new 10,000+ square foot heated temp...orary structure to help expand the event beyond the walls of the Sheraton itself!"

Edited: 02/18/2014 at 05:28 PM by milesp1

Feb 18, 2014 at 5:28:20 PM
bennybtl (15)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States

If you consider 6,000 attendees little....

Edited: 02/18/2014 at 05:28 PM by bennybtl

Feb 18, 2014 at 5:29:15 PM
scruffychicken (59)
(Matt McIlvenna) < Meka Chicken >
South Dakota
This is the closest event that comes near me. Sadly, I doubt I'll be going.

NESConnection.com
R.I.P Dream
reddit.com/r/retrogamingmusic

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:12:50 PM
BilltownSparty (87)
(Ben ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
I think this is the year i make it to this, sounds like a blast. Do most na dudes stay at same hotel ( not room just hotel). ? I had a blast at midwest meatup last year just curious if this isike everyone on theor own or pretty organized

Currently Playing mario sunshine, Lost vikings and paper mario color splash hd

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:37:37 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: BilltownSparty

I think this is the year i make it to this, sounds like a blast. Do most na dudes stay at same hotel ( not room just hotel). ? I had a blast at midwest meatup last year just curious if this isike everyone on theor own or pretty organized
Everyone pretty much stays at the event hotel, they usually have a good deal through the MGC website (if it isn't too late). We end up having a great time after the show hours, drinking and gaming.

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Edited: 02/20/2014 at 11:37 PM by doner24

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:01:20 AM
Jobber8742 (185)
(Jeff Kilgard) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: doner24

Originally posted by: BilltownSparty

Everyone pretty much stays at the event hotel, they usually have a good deal through the MGC website (if it isn't too late). We end up having a great time after the show hours, drinking and gaming.

I think this is the main reason for the NA room, displaying cool new stuff is just an excuse to have a central location to get together.

"I'm not a nerd, I'm a video game enthusiast"

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:47:56 PM
daywalker2k2 (107)
(Marbin Batres) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: Megamanfan

Sorry I can not make this show this year. I have to go to oaklahoma for training.

When I thought you were referrring that you were not going to make since you are going to oklahoma video game convention SUPER! BitCon lol

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:34:54 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: daywalker2k2

Originally posted by: Megamanfan

When I thought you were referrring that you were not going to make since you are going to oklahoma video game convention SUPER! BitCon lol

No work needs to train me up on some stuff so I can get a promotion and a raise

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Feb 25, 2014 at 3:52:37 PM
BilltownSparty (87)
(Ben ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Boom! Hotel reserved, looking foward to this before a week at disney with the kids......this will be my spring break !

Currently Playing mario sunshine, Lost vikings and paper mario color splash hd

Edited: 02/25/2014 at 06:58 PM by BilltownSparty

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:40:04 PM
SuprNintendoChalmers (0)
(Jason W) < Cherub >
United States
MGC! If anyone has any consoles that are broken, we'll be doing troubleshooting and fixes again in the "Benheck Experience" area. Anything Pre-XBox360/PS4 Era we will gladly take a look at, just leave a post on what console and what the issue is for us to do a little research on possible solutions before the show. Our Location is still TBD, as the projected location was not necessarily Afterparty-friendly.

Do you know where the NA room is going to be located this year? I'll have to see what is still available in that area. At any rate, I'm sure most of us will stop by to say hello and party like it's 2012, when our groups shared a space. The bond that never breaks.

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:30:52 AM
smeagolsama (211)
(Bronner's Army) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Originally posted by: SuprNintendoChalmers

MGC! If anyone has any consoles that are broken, we'll be doing troubleshooting and fixes again in the "Benheck Experience" area. Anything Pre-XBox360/PS4 Era we will gladly take a look at, just leave a post on what console and what the issue is for us to do a little research on possible solutions before the show. Our Location is still TBD, as the projected location was not necessarily Afterparty-friendly.

Do you know where the NA room is going to be located this year? I'll have to see what is still available in that area. At any rate, I'm sure most of us will stop by to say hello and party like it's 2012, when our groups shared a space. The bond that never breaks.

Actually, I have a Magnavox Odyssey 2 that doesn't work.  It powers on, but only displays a pretty generic one colored screen, with a few blocks and random alpha numeric digits in other colors.  I've used a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol to try and clean the pin connector on the system board, with no change.  It's the only broken system, I still have as its my only oddyssey, everything else I got tired of waiting for that rainy day to try to bring them back to life, and have thrown them out.  If you think it's something you might be interested in looking at, I'll try to find room in the vehicle for it.

Yea it's been pretty fun seeing the same faces every year.  2012 was a fun year, sharing that room with you guys.  Actually getting to play one of Ben Heck's pinballs was great, and after hours was the best way to actually get more than a few minutes at it.  BigJT will be there again, not showing off any new creations, but I'm sure he'll still be plugging assimilate.

Your the chap that has typically done the Nomad screen installs right?  If so you'd probably remember me, names Chris, have glasses and darkish brown hair(lol glasses and brown hair, something most nerds don't have right?)and like to drink.

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:07:06 PM
smeagolsama (211)
Missouri
Don't like to double post, but I wanted to reply above, and not lose this portion to a massive wall of text.

Louvre 3ds carts here - region free
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Right now I've committed to buying a few of these, so just want to throw this out there for people going to MGC. If you are interested in this, let me know ASAP as I'm willing to do a group buy, so we can get a reduced rate.

Having said that above, now is a great time for people to make trades/deals before going into MGC. I'd certainly be interested in buying bulk commons for Game Boy/Gamecube, plus will be looking to get the last 30 Nintendo Power mags to fill out the set. The link below is my profile which has links to a selling list and a buying list. I haven't updated these in awhile, so prices don't reflect reality, but these would be the items I'm willing to bring with me. I don't plan on bringing anything to trade/sell otherwise.
http://www.nintendoage.com/index....

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:27:48 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
This is one of the greatest expos. With a great tetris tournament to boot!

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:37:24 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
We should all not drink there this year. It will be great!

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:45:08 PM
Pale Horse (45)
(Shaun ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
I live nearby, but have never attended. This year i'll be checking it out

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:02:18 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: videogamedomain

We should all not drink there this year. It will be great!
Great idea! I dont think I've ever seen Pete sober. Or Brian for that matter.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:48:53 PM
smeagolsama (211)
Missouri
I'll bump this up. Forgot to mention above. I have approx. 300 UGC's with the sleave so you can insert artwork. I'd guess I've already dremeled 50? of those to fit NES games. I also have around 100 DVD sized hard plastic cases, that came out of a Blockbuster years ago, that I've been using to protect sealed games. I also have around 50 random 'clamshell' style cases of various colors/sizes, all of them for NES.

I had planned on putting most of my collection into these years ago and had bought everything I needed to make it happen, and now time has changed my plans. I haven't used or wanted them in awhile but haven't sold them as I won't ship these. So if somebody is interested they just have to tell me what type and how many, I can confirm what I have, and maybe we can work something out.

Mar 14, 2014 at 6:52:35 PM
Sisu (0)
< Cherub >
Arizona
Did somebody say Tetris?

At least five of the top eight from the PRGE SNEStris bracket are expected to compete at MGC.

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:58:53 PM
dquiros (106)
(David Quiros) < El Ripper >
Illinois
pumped for this. this will be my 2nd year... the wife loves all the games and tournaments

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:21:11 AM
smeagolsama (211)
Missouri
Anybody that will be going that could do a reball of a PS3? I got the 3 beep and doesn't turn on. According to the internet it should have been a drive failure, but I swapped drives with no luck, so yea.