Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official 2012 Portland Retro Gaming Expo thread - Sept. 29-30

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:39:45 PM
y-bot (9)

(Toby Wickwire) < Little Mac >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Bucket Mouse

Originally posted by: Pat the NES Punk

I'll be there for at least one panel this year and to buy more NES manuals/boxes!

Roo and Billy/Jay from the Game Chasers are also attending so far.

I was there for three hours and did not see you or Roo. Were you only appearing in the evening?

Also, if you think some people at the flea market want to rip you off, wait'll you see some of the prices I saw there. Yikes.

The reports about the arcade machines being set to free play were also fraudulent; they all took quarters. But I didn't know Nintendo Age was going to be there until I went. That was a cool surprise meeting you guys.

Every game was set to freeplay, had a credit button or was being credited every once in awhile by volunteers.  No quarters needed for a single game in the hall.  Some may have been more complicated than others trying to figure out how to credit the game.  My games, Pac-Man, Tempest, Tron, Battlezone and Flash pinball all were set to freeplay mode.

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:56:11 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
also thanks for james (gwyndion) for helping out. can't leave him off!

-------------------------
eBay listings here

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:00:03 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Other Portland thoughts... my wife and I discovered that the "put a bird on it" lady was REAL. There actually was a booth at the Saturday Market where that was basically all they did.

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:58:29 PM
n8dogg (13)

(Nathan Mayo) < Crack Trooper >
Oregon
I didn't spend any time away from my tables during the show, but I had the pleasure to talk with artist Marc Ericksen Sunday morning. Found out that he's former Army officer who served two tours in Vietnam (I am a former Army officer with two tours in Iraq). Marc was a great person to talk to and very friendly. He gladly signed carts and boxes featuring his art for free, and had very reasonably priced prints. I was able to get him to sign a copy of After Burner, and I also bought the print. I will probably frame them in a shadow box.

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:06:04 PM
n8dogg (13)

(Nathan Mayo) < Crack Trooper >
Oregon
RadiumZ1 posted an excellent interview with Marc Ericksen here:

Very insightful.

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:23:33 PM
theguy1962 (193)
(Hernan Alonso or "Zo") < Kraid Killer >
California
He offered to make my son a drawing out of the blue and also signed a copy of Strider for me. I went with that same print as its a Navy Tomcat. They were retired before I served my time on a Aircraft Carrier, but always thought they were cool.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:42:55 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Well here it is in it's final home.

Beer fridge is right underneath for easy access. Desk is on wheels for easy change out of PCB's if needed.
We love the thing! Played it every night since we got it.
HUGE PROPS goes out to Josh and Curtis. You have completed my game room!

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Edited: 10/18/2012 at 08:13 PM by Benihana

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:53:19 PM
Rickstar22 (24)
(Be The Ball ) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Very nice Beni.... Jelly am I.
I'm going next year if I have to fake illness to go...lol

546 NES Licensed CIB's and Still Going Strong !!!

My Wanted Thread... Finish up my CIB BB Collection, SNES/NES Manuals & MORE : http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

My Collection thread... http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&...

My Collection List... http://www.nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=My.Collectio...

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:27:28 PM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Very cool... So lucky!

It looks awesome all spiffed up... congratulations.