Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

FOR PRE-ORDER SOON: Custom Handmade NES Arcade Stick Will begin production at 20 pre-orders. Demo livestream soon!

May 23 at 12:52:46 AM
HeadcolorsTV (0)
(Tommy Osborne) < Tourian Tourist >
New York

Within the coming weeks, I will be officially opening up pre-orders for my custom, made-to-order, hand-built, high-quality NES arcade stick that I have named the "HC One-Up".

We all know how famous the NES was/is for its superb ports of arcade classics. However, their version of a home arcade stick, to many, left a lot to be desired. A few months ago, I set out to "build a better NES Advantage," and in late March, I completed the prototype for just that. After playing with it for hours and hours, and after seeing some of your reactions here at NA (and elsewhere), I decided that this was worth making more.

Pictured is the finished prototype; the new productions will come standard with:

• Hardwood body, with an automotive paint & clearcoat finish, polished (your choice of body color)
  • Sanwa joystick, 2lb tension spring, upgraded actuator (your choice of ball-top color)
  • 8-direction octagonal gate
  • Suzo-Happ concave buttons (your choice of color for each button)
  • Cherry microswitches 
  • Brand-new, proprietary PCB with all-new components
  • 24 AWG wire throughout 
  • Hinges for swing-open access from the top 
  • Catches under the control panel for secure closing
  • T-molding trim (your choice of color)
  • Body interior given a protective clearcoat lacquer
  • Cushioned bottom (faux velour, foam padding) for lap comfort
  • Plexiglass overlay protector 
  • Overlay decal, matte, with your choice of designs (or send me your own!)
I'll be selling the HC One-Up for $199.99 USD each (+ S/H and tax where applicable).

I'm still finalizing how I'll be handling pre-orders (leaning towards PayPal, we'll see), but production will begin as soon as I receive 20 pre-orders. I'll have a "time-out" in place in which, if I don't reach a certain threshold within 30 days after the most recent order, I'll cancel and refund the pre-orders who were in waiting. I'm also putting whatever time I have into a new website that will feature a store for this type of thing in the future.

PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU WANT TO BE PUT ON THE MAILING LIST FOR UPDATES.

***PRODUCT DEMONSTRATION LIVESTREAM***

Date TBD
Twitch.tv and YouTube.com

I'll be showing off the HC One-Up prototype, in action, live! I'll be stacking up some of the best arcade-to-NES ports from my own personal collection, popping them in one at a time, and showcasing how the HC One-Up handles each one--the way those games were MEANT to be played.

Tentative titles:

• Donkey Kong Classics
  • Popeye
  • Gradius
  • Double Dragon
  • TMNT 2: The Arcade Game
  • BurgerTime
  • and more!

Edited: 05/23/2019 at 12:56 AM by HeadcolorsTV