Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Jan 23, 2018 at 1:40:26 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Quaze

Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Originally posted by: Quaze

I've recently gone back to Binding of Isaac. It seems to be the game I fall back on whenever I can't think of what else to play lol.
I've only played it a few times, but I managed to make it to the heart for the first time the other night.  Seemed hard.  After I died at 10% HP left I was too disheartened to try again.

Secret of Evermore - Just got destroyed by some Rat King...
Super Mario Odyssey - 830 moons
The next 50 SNES games.  Heading into mediocre terrain.

Brother, that's only just the beginning. Binding of Isaac is the single biggest game in history that makes you believe you've "beaten" it, before revealing that the goalposts have actually just been moved back and you haven't beaten anything. Kind of reminds me of Toad's famous "our princess is in another castle" message in Super Mario Bros, but with about 10 more layers of depth. The first time I beat Mom, I honestly part-believed that was it. Little did I know that Mom's Heart, It Lives, ???, Isaac, Angel, Satan, Hush, The Lamb, Delirium, The Husk, Ultra Greed and Mega Satan still awaited me. And some of those bosses, you nearly need a miracle of perfect item pick-ups to have a chance of beating. I 100%'ed the game over 200 hours when it first came to Switch, and then I started all over. Having a great time working my way back up again. Just beat The Lamb and Hush last night. 

Hmm, that actually makes me want to pick it back up.  I plan on having Skyrim arrive on Saturday and only have Isaac and finishing up Mario on my plate in the meantime, so perhaps I can re-group and get to the next tier before then

-------------------------

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jan 24, 2018 at 5:19:44 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
That was fun but tough. Sometimes unfair....

Next up.... Mega Man 5!

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Jan 24, 2018 at 5:23:22 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Started playing The Division with a friend. Really enjoying it.

Jan 25, 2018 at 10:30:52 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Now that I pulled 100% in Odyssey, juggling Golf Story with Rocket League on the Switch. Golf Story is super fun!

Jan 29, 2018 at 2:26:01 AM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Goof Troop - Fun. unique co-op puzzle/action game. Mostly girlfriend-playable except for the bosses.

Ninja Gaiden - I'm at the point where I think Jaquio 3 is overall harder than Jaquio 2, which is probably a milestone of development in my Ninja Gaiden career. Jaquio's shrimp hurt a whole lot more than his fireballs.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Jan 29, 2018 at 8:14:02 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Other
I finally got platinum on Battle Garegga so moved on to Abyss Odyssey and lost interest after a couple of hours then tired out Citizens of Earth which isn't all that bad but still didn't hold my interest. So went through my ginormus back log of games I've not even played yet and randomly chose Gravity Rush Remastered.

Think it's getting time to go retro gaming for a while soon as me thinks I'm buring out on modern gaming a little.

Jan 29, 2018 at 9:34:59 AM
theirontoupee (53)
< Bowser >
Texas
Right now, Metroid Prime... possibly my favorite game on GC

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Jan 29, 2018 at 11:38:58 AM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
(Julien ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Yo-Kai Watch on New 3DS XL.

I was never really into collect-a-monster anything, so I wasn't expecting much but now I feel invested in this one. It's pretty cool so far.

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:59:15 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
Neutopia. Reminds me of Legends of Owlia. I wonder if anyone's ever made that comparison that way around before  

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:10:58 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I finished Horizon Zero Dawn (100% game completion and platinum trophy), so I've moved on to Wolfenstein II which is another game I got for Christmas. I haven't played a Wolfenstein game since 3D, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:24:01 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
I'm playing Aaahh!!! Real Monsters on SNES. I want to cry.

Feb 3, 2018 at 2:00:04 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers (1)
< Little Mac >
Victoria
Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Nintendo DS. So much replay-ability.
Pokemon Heart Gold, Nintendo DS, always give this a play through once every few years.
Rocket League, Nintendo Switch, very enjoyable local multiplayer.

Feb 3, 2018 at 4:28:20 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Wasn't bad. Would play again.

Next...............Pokemon Crystal.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Feb 3, 2018 at 4:45:50 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Final Fantasy XIV!

Feb 4, 2018 at 11:55:58 AM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
Milon's Secret Castle
Wario's Woods

Feb 4, 2018 at 5:38:11 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Other
Got my Bleed/Bleed 2 combo pack from PlayAsia played the 1st one a couple hours it's not too bad so far.

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:43:23 PM
SilvertongueBullet (5)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
I just beat all three Ninja Gaiden games for the first time as an adult. Ive only beaten 3 once when I was a teenager I think due to the fact that it was the only one I owned as a kid. I beat 1, then 3, and breezed by the time I got to 2. Feels pretty good to beat some of the hardest in the NES library.

Feb 15, 2018 at 2:41:46 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
Originally posted by: SilvertongueBullet

I just beat all three Ninja Gaiden games for the first time as an adult. Ive only beaten 3 once when I was a teenager I think due to the fact that it was the only one I owned as a kid. I beat 1, then 3, and breezed by the time I got to 2. Feels pretty good to beat some of the hardest in the NES library.

After playing 3 where everything does multiple bars of damage, the other NGs feel like they have a neverending health bar. Congrats on taking the trilogy down.

Edited: 02/15/2018 at 02:49 PM by DefaultGen

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:04:43 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Shadow of the Colossus on PS4 right now.

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:15:29 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

Is it that bad? I rented it a few times as a kid (on Genesis) but I really don't have any recollection of the game itself. It's been on my list to go back and replay for awhile.

I'm still chugging through Xenoblade 2. Also started back up on Mario Odyssey last week and have about 500 Moons at the moment. Also almost finished with Kirby 64, just going back to get the remaining shards I'm missing from the last few levels before I finish.

Edited: 02/15/2018 at 03:16 PM by ZBomber

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:28:03 PM
SilvertongueBullet (5)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Originally posted by: SilvertongueBullet

After playing 3 where everything does multiple bars of damage, the other NGs feel like they have a neverending health bar. Congrats on taking the trilogy down.

Thanks, yeah after I got done with 3 and started playing 2, I was like psh! This cats in the bag!

Feb 15, 2018 at 11:11:47 PM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
Brawl Brothers SNES

Feb 16, 2018 at 5:15:40 AM
Nirvana (1)
(Kori Winstead) < King Solomon >
Louisiana
I started Legend of the Dragoon like two days ago. The voice acting is atrocious and the translation is terrible; like, it's about as bad as FFII SNES. XD The rest of the game is decent so far, though. Only up to after you talk to King Albert the very first time with Lavitz and co. I've never actually beaten the game, but I accidentally got a major spoiler today by Googling one of the characters' voice actors, ffs.  

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:15:53 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Originally posted by: ZBomber

Is it that bad? I rented it a few times as a kid (on Genesis) but I really don't have any recollection of the game itself. It's been on my list to go back and replay for awhile.
It's fine if you just want to play a few levels and take it out.  Actually sitting down to beat it is a real chore.

Finally put Until Dawn in last night.  So far, I'd say that I enjoy the concept of the game but feel like the execution here is a little lacking.  I get it's an interactive slasher movie but I feel like I can skip all the flirty banter and crap before shit hits the fan.  Just drop me in when the chaos begins.  A more refined version of this would be awesome set to Friday the 13th or Sleepaway Camp.

Speaking of... is this how the TellTale games work?  I assumed they were point and click adventures but if they are in this style of minimal movement and control over characters with choices to change the plot, that's cool.

And speaking of again... single player is finally implemented in Friday the 13th!  Right now you only get to play against bots but it beats terrible match making and bad groups of players.

Feb 17, 2018 at 3:24:26 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts

Originally posted by: ZBomber

It's fine if you just want to play a few levels and take it out.  Actually sitting down to beat it is a real chore.

Finally put Until Dawn in last night.  So far, I'd say that I enjoy the concept of the game but feel like the execution here is a little lacking.  I get it's an interactive slasher movie but I feel like I can skip all the flirty banter and crap before shit hits the fan.  Just drop me in when the chaos begins.  A more refined version of this would be awesome set to Friday the 13th or Sleepaway Camp.

Speaking of... is this how the TellTale games work?  I assumed they were point and click adventures but if they are in this style of minimal movement and control over characters with choices to change the plot, that's cool.

And speaking of again... single player is finally implemented in Friday the 13th!  Right now you only get to play against bots but it beats terrible match making and bad groups of players.

Got ya. Guess I'll have to scratch that off my list then because I don't think I am patient enough to beat it.

As for TellTale games, its probably closer to Until Dawn than it is to classic point and click adventure games. There usually isn't really a "puzzle" that you have to solve by interacting with the enviornment in most of them, it's kind of more of an interactive story. A lot of quick time events and segments where you have a very brief moment to decide what to say or do. Until Dawn is one of my favorite games on the PS4, but I thought that shit was so scary that I had to play it with a group of friends because there is no way I could do it myself lol.

I just beat Kirby 64 today 100%. Probably going to focus on beating Xenoblade 2 (and also continuing Mario Odyssey) before Ni No Kuni comes out next month.