Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

So... does anybody know what's going on with PRGE this year? It's in about two months, and there is still next to zero information.

Aug 9, 2018 at 3:36:27 PM
drclaw411 (14)
(Michael ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I didn't know where this topic best fit.

Does anyone know what's going on with PRGE this year? I fly in from Chicago every year with some friends for the convention (although I missed last year due to a family wedding), and I'm kind of worried that they've got no actual info up on the website yet. I've got my airfare, hotel, and convention pass already paid for...is there a chance it could get cancelled this year? They have no guests listed (just saying guests will be posted in "early" 2018), no panel schedule, no master schedule, no arcade list, no museum exhibits listed, no tournaments listed, no info on the cosplay contest, no vendors/exhibitors listed, no list of items or info for the live auction, no expo floorplan, and the volunteer page still talks about volunteering for the 2017 convention. Pretty much the only page on the website that has been updated at all for the 2018 show is the hotel packages page. The only posts on the main page in all of 2018 are an announcement of their collector cards, and the link to buy tickets.

It just seems really weird that we're this close to the convention and still nothing. I even PM'd them on Facebook asking when stuff like guests and panels would be posted, and they saw it but never responded. Basically ghosted me. Is the convention in danger of not happening this year? Does anybody here happen to know what's going on? What gives? Please help with any ifno if you can.

-------------------------
Now collecting Smash Bros stuff!

Aug 10, 2018 at 12:15:27 AM
Kobun Heat (54)

(Chris Kohler) < Meka Chicken >
California
It is totally happening! I will be there! The museum is still coming together, panels haven't been locked in yet, but do not worry a bit about your airfare and hotel.

Aug 10, 2018 at 1:23:09 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Already booked my hotel and bought my weekend pass. Haven't missed one in over a decade! Best event of the year hands down!!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:15:32 PM
drclaw411 (14)
(Michael ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Just over a month until it's scheduled and still nothing at all on the website. I'm legit getting worried. Already have everything paid for.

Now collecting Smash Bros stuff!

Sep 4, 2018 at 10:14:53 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
It takes a lot to organize these events. I can't even begin to explain what goes on behind the scenes. They're on it, trust me. They could be waiting for confirmations from people to make announcements.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Sep 7, 2018 at 6:08:29 PM
Kobun Heat (54)

(Chris Kohler) < Meka Chicken >
California
Hopefully you've seen this by now, but there's been a huge update to the website with speaker bios, panel descriptions, and the schedule. Lots of cool stuff happening behind the scenes, too! Getting excited for this year.