Anyway to play AVS on composite?

Dec 20, 2016 at 6:07:45 AM
Austin (72)
(Austin M) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Ichinisan

Originally posted by: Austin

Originally posted by: gunpei

Does your family who only has old TVs care about the AVS beauty? Probably not. Get a $15 clone and play the big hits with them and don't worry about the rest.

Funny enough, this is probably the better solution. I bet a system like the AVS looks like garbage on an old CRT after its been down converted. It wasn't designed for that type of display.

Either way, to the OP, if you end up getting a converter, I'd like to hear a report on the results.

Those clones all look like crap too. Far worse than an actual NES.

Right, I'm sure everyone here is aware of that. The point is, the dude has made it clear that he doesn't want to dick around with an original NES.

Originally posted by: KaiserGX

I know it's gonna be ugly so I'm not even going to try but what about going from HDMI to VGA using a 4:3 HDTV?

I don't see why that wouldn't work without an extreme loss to the video quality as long as the set supports 720p.

-------------------------
| gameplay and talk |

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:08:20 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia

Originally posted by: Ichinisan

Originally posted by: gunpei

Does your family who only has old TVs care about the AVS beauty? Probably not. Get a $15 clone and play the big hits with them and don't worry about the rest.

Funny enough, this is probably the better solution. I bet a system like the AVS looks like garbage on an old CRT after its been down converted. It wasn't designed for that type of display.

Either way, to the OP, if you end up getting a converter, I'd like to hear a report on the results.

Those clones all look like crap too. Far worse than an actual NES.

Right, I'm sure everyone here is aware of that. The point is, the dude has made it clear that he doesn't want to dick around with an original NES.
Then why did Ichinisan and I drop one in the mail for him days ago?  

We convinced him in another thread. Pretty sure that was before you bumped this one.

Edited: 12/20/2016 at 08:10 PM by CZroe

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:13:55 AM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
I finally tried my HDMI->composite adapter and it didn't look bad on an LCD. Conversion added ~2 frames of lag. Haven't yet tried it on a CRT tho.

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:24:53 AM
StuOhQ (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Curious as to why you won't touch the toaster anymore. I still love my NES, despite playing predominantly on the AVS now, and NES is the only.way to go for a CRT.

-------------------------
Retro Tech Select
Check out my YouTube Channel for old-school gaming goodness!