NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Current homebrew/reproduction companies and websites Latest addition 5/15/2014

LOCKED TOPIC

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:01:27 PM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Thanks for compiling links to all the websites to one spot. =) It's unfortunate that Timewalk has shut down. =( Looks like there was some interesting stuff!

Nov 27, 2011 at 10:57:14 AM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
Originally posted by: fsped09

Timewalk has closed up shop.

I've spoken with Spencer and this is just a shut down for the time being.  He IS planning on continuing to make new releases but he really wants to focus more on the homebrew side.  Don't get rid of his site just yet, there may be some amazing stuff he releases months from now.

For now, he is just not taking new orders.  He was becoming way too popular and wasn't expecting the amount of sales he was getting.  It has been taking up all of his time and he was doing the repro stuff more for the hobby.

His work really is amazing for those that missed it and he WILL be coming out with more amazing stuff in the future.  I would just wait a few months and check back.  I will keep checking periodically and talk with him and let everyone know when he is opening stuff up again.

-------------------------

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:45:21 PM
millerjm2 (196)

(John Miller) < Meka Chicken >
United States
what happened to gamereproductions.com? All the content is gone.

http://thisroomisanillusion.com/...

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:05:20 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Huh thats weird I was just on there a day or two ago and everything was fine now its all gone.

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:34:38 PM
gwyndion (322)
California
I just checked gamereproductions.com and it is working just fine. I think he revamped the website so it was probably a minor site repair and that's why they weren't available.

I kind of like the new look, go check it out!

I even noticed that he is doing some sega repros now!

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:27:36 AM
gwyndion (322)
California
Just added OCDGamer for repros and fsped09 for repro boxes

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:46:01 AM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
You could throw me on that list if you'd like!

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:51:29 AM
gwyndion (322)
California
Added good sir! I'm shocked I didn't already have you on the list but it has now been remedied! Uncle Tusk really does do the best quality repro boxes out there.

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:18:17 AM
gwyndion (322)
California
Just updated OCDgamers for sale repro thread.

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:51:48 PM
gwyndion (322)
California
few more updates. There have been some major problems with NA members and transactions with mute city DMG so I would be very cautious about dealings with them. They are potentially headed towards the HOS list and if they make the list, we will be advising people to never use them for repros and just keep them on this list as a reference. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:07:59 PM
clem84 (3)

(clement h) < Little Mac >
Quebec
Total noob question about repros. Are there any repros companies or websites that will do repros of existing US releases? Like for example. Say I would want a reproduction of Chrono Trigger's box and manual, is there anybody out there that will do this?

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:13:41 AM
Thamiel (46)
(Anthony Spencer) < Eggplant Wizard >
Victoria
Originally posted by: clem84

Total noob question about repros. Are there any repros companies or websites that will do repros of existing US releases? Like for example. Say I would want a reproduction of Chrono Trigger's box and manual, is there anybody out there that will do this?

I hope not!

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:41:18 AM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Thamiel

I hope not!

*Thumbs Up*

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Jan 25, 2012 at 4:02:59 PM
HocusPocus (19)
< Meka Chicken >
United States

No - The repro makers (at least the once that post here) tend to self regulate. We will not make these.

Get ready for Pascali :)

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:22:49 PM
fsped09 (234)
(( nes-city.com )) < King Solomon >
New York
^^ agreed ^^

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:37:11 PM
Drakon (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Dra kon) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
I'm feymus

Sweet thread

Edited: 01/31/2012 at 07:37 PM by Drakon

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:57:34 AM
gwyndion (322)
California
Just updated the thread with the update on The Nintendo 64 Drive which is like the powerpak but for Nintendo 64. It also allows gaming development so it's pretty cool :-)

I also updated the info for Lost Classics. They are around the Portland, OR to Washington State area and now have a website up and running. They have a lot of unique labels for their games so check them out!

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:07:55 AM
onemeanspleen (83)
(collin ) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Awesome job gathering all this info to one place!

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:11:25 PM
suicidalparrot (126)
(matt s) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
I love this list. I ordered a game through Retrostage because of this list and let me tell you he does top notch work, and he ships fast even from Canada

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:21:50 PM
gwyndion (322)
California
Just updated the thread with some ebay repro box, manual, map, etc. sellers as well as a youtube seller from Australia who sells custom repro stuff.

Mar 10, 2012 at 11:55:53 AM
swlovinist (104)
(John Hancock) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Chris(Lost Classics) is a great friend of mine. He has contributed alot of time and resources for helping out with the Cowlitz Gamers for Kids 2012 as well as making some great reproduction carts. I totally recommend checking his site out!  On a side note, he used to work at Working Designs as shared at panel at our last PRGE 2011

http://www.lostclassicvgs.com/...

Follow me on YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/swlo...

Edited: 03/10/2012 at 11:56 AM by swlovinist

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:02:00 PM
JJJJJS (0)

(c t) < Cherub >
Oregon
Thanks for the kind words John and adding Lost Classics to this thread gwyndion. I really appreciate all the orders and will get them mailed out asap.

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:47:04 PM
DigitalxxxFr34k (0)
(Jeff Erdos) < Tourian Tourist >
Minnesota
Hi, im interested in some repros, if you could PM me and send me to the right direction of where could find these or get these particular games made thanks for your time any one who pms me i greatly appreciate it

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:15:55 AM
gwyndion (322)
California
Originally posted by: DigitalxxxFr34k

Hi, im interested in some repros, if you could PM me and send me to the right direction of where could find these or get these particular games made thanks for your time any one who pms me i greatly appreciate it
Feel free to follow any of the repro links.  There are a variety of good repro makers as well as my explanations on my personal experiences and opinions about them.  I have bought from ALL of them so I do have personal experience.

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:35:36 AM
gwyndion (322)
California
Updated timewalkgames.com He is selling repros to the general public again and now he has factory made boxes which are gorgeous! All of his stuff is unique and one of a kind so don't miss out on getting an excellent CIB repro from him.