Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

My firts proto PAL excl. Super Turrican FS/FO if someone interested

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:23:55 PM
Dendy (25)
(Anton Dokuchaev) < Meka Chicken >
Netherlands

I'm very exited about my find today, I never thought I'll ever find any prototype. But today I've got one from Germany (where it has been developed), Super Turrican, pal exclusive....

Here some pics:

The game screen is identical to released game, so I think it is finished. However I just played only the first stage... Any one knows what would be the value of this proto?

-------------------------

CNG - Dutch collectors and gaming forum - Classic Nintendo Gaming Forum (NES/Famicom/SNES/N64/GameBoy & GW)
www.nintendoforum.nl...

Edited: 06/10/2010 at 02:50 PM by Dendy

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:01:05 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Let me ask, is this an NTSC version of a PAL exclusive? If it is, it's worth a good deal more. It would be the fourth such copy in a collectors hands (Mark and I, Dream, and Assembler). Dream traded a NTSC SE, Mark and I spent something like $350, and I have no idea what Assembler had to do to acquire his copy.

- If it's NTSC, expect it to pull $250-$400.
- If it's PAL, $75-$150.

PAL prototypes generally sell for significantly less than NTSC prototypes.

Regardless of the value, that's a great item and a collection centerpiece. Congrats!

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:29:44 PM
Dendy (25)
Netherlands
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Let me ask, is this an NTSC version of a PAL exclusive? If it is, it's worth a good deal more. It would be the fourth such copy in a collectors hands (Mark and I, Dream, and Assembler). Dream traded a NTSC SE, Mark and I spent something like $350, and I have no idea what Assembler had to do to acquire his copy.

- If it's PAL, $75-$150.

Regardless of the value, that's a great item and a collection centerpiece. Congrats!

Thanks! It's a grate item indeed! I think is a PAL proto, I don't know if there where plans releasing it in the US. So far I know is that Super Turricain was developed by the german company and it is pal exclusive.

CNG - Dutch collectors and gaming forum - Classic Nintendo Gaming Forum (NES/Famicom/SNES/N64/GameBoy & GW)
www.nintendoforum.nl...

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:44:38 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Dendy

- If it's PAL, $75-$150.

Thanks! It's a grate item indeed! I think is a PAL proto, I don't know if there where plans releasing it in the US. So far I know is that Super Turricain was developed by the german company and it is pal exclusive.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear.  The other three prototypes that I mentioned are NTSC copies of ST, and it was indeed slated for a US release.  If you can confirm whether or not it's NTSC it would really tell you a lot more about it's value.

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:49:52 PM
Dendy (25)
Netherlands

- If it's PAL, $75-$150.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear.  The other three prototypes that I mentioned are NTSC copies of ST, and it was indeed slated for a US release.  If you can confirm whether or not it's NTSC it would really tell you a lot more about it's value.

Can I see on the eprom's / rom's if its NTSC or I just have to stick it in my pal nes with working lockout chip?

I saw that Matt already found NTSC proto of ST...

www.nintendoforum.nl...

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:58:39 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

- If it's PAL, $75-$150.

Can I see on the eprom's / rom's if its NTSC or I just have to stick it in my pal nes with working lockout chip?

I saw that Matt already found NTSC proto of ST...

I'm no expert, but I would just throw it in your PAL NES and see if it fires up.

Matt sold both of his copies (which were originally purchased off DP forum member Vixenkit, who later would turn out to be a scammer).  The copy on the PCB was traded to Dream for the NTSC SE, and the loose EPROMs sold to Mark and I for something like $350.

lf there were no other known copies, I could see an NTSC copy fetching $800+ without question.  It's unfortunate that so many other copies exist (from a collector/investor standpoint).

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:02:28 PM
Dendy (25)
Netherlands
Thanks for your reply and info, I will try it in my unmodifed nes...

www.nintendoforum.nl...

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:16:02 PM
snescentral (0)
(Evan Gowan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Japan
I'm not expert on NES boards, but shouldn't the lockout chip tell you what you need to know? On the SNES, the lockout chip is "D411" for an NTSC game, and "D413" for a PAL game. The picture you have of Super Turrican is too blurry for me to make out what is written on it, but it is the one with the "CIC" label right next to it.

Edited: 06/10/2010 at 03:17 PM by snescentral

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:23:11 PM
i2a2n2 (39)
(Ian B.) < Kraid Killer >
Ontario
numbers aren't really clear enough for me to tell 100%

My NWC High Score 661 950  Jan 19th 2010

---------Wanted: SNES PROTOTYPES !!! PM Me-----------

Edited: 06/10/2010 at 07:34 PM by i2a2n2

Jun 11, 2010 at 1:50:05 AM
Dendy (25)
Netherlands
I just looked at the CIC chip, it turns out to be PAL CIC 3195A

www.nintendoforum.nl...

Jul 29, 2010 at 4:01:50 PM
Sanna (25)
(S L) < Meka Chicken >
Sweden
Super Turrican is such a great game. One of my favorite!
Congrats!

How common is it that the protos differ from the original final game? Is it like 50/50 or more or less common?

Jul 29, 2010 at 4:27:17 PM
Dendy (25)
Netherlands
Originally posted by: Sanna

Super Turrican is such a great game. One of my favorite!
Congrats!

How common is it that the protos differ from the original final game? Is it like 50/50 or more or less common?

Thanks, so far I'm happy with it. I also dumped the rom and compared it to original, its 100% the same....  

Don't know how (un)common it is to find unfinished proto but I think its more 20/80, because of samples that where sent to the magazines for previewing.... 

www.nintendoforum.nl...