Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

2013 NintendoAge Weekly Contest Summer Tournament: Round 1 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Contest ends Sunday, 7/14/13 at 10 PM NA time Poll Included!!!

Jul 14, 2013 at 7:38:24 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Crabmaster2000

Originally posted by: bimmy_lee

Originally posted by: Crabmaster2000

How is the next rounds voting going to work? Do we just keep the leftover games from the list and vote again or do we get a new list of games to vote on? Or is it something cool and new I havnt even though of? I'd love for the last game to be a surprise pick from bimmy. No more of this voting crap!!!!

I'm racking my brain for how the last game will be picked.  I will reveal this when the new contest goes live at 10 PM NA time tonight

Can't wait!!

I have an idea in mind and I think you guys will like it   I think it will create a lot of speculation throughout the week.

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jul 14, 2013 at 7:46:34 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Updated my score for the final time. Only improved by 3 and didn't even change my rank. Oh well,if I don't advance I'll enjoy a few weeks off. As far as how to pick the game for the 3rd round....I have a suggestion. Make the poll,but instead of displaying the actual names of the games,just do something like this:

Mystery game 1 (action/platformer)
Mystery game 2 ( shooter)
Mystery game 3 (puzzle)
Mystery game 4 (sports)
Random game of bimmy's choosing.

This would take any voting manipulation out of it as well as making it more challenging by not letting anyone practice at all on a particular game prior to the competition. I think it would be pretty cool. And of course all of the current games would be thrown out. Thoughts?

Edited: 07/14/2013 at 07:51 PM by gutsman004

Jul 14, 2013 at 7:59:17 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
I just posted my final update too. Hopefully I'm off the tournament bubble and on to the next round now. Whew! For anyone that hasn't voted for next week's game yet, vote Donkey Kong Jr.!

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Edited: 07/14/2013 at 08:12 PM by bearcat-doug

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:27:10 PM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas
I don't care what the last game is as long as it isn't a crappy sports game. That would be the most anticlimactic final ever.

Thanks for writing. I apologize for the delay in responding to your email during this busy time of year.
In regard to your email, it is great to hear that you have found a copy of Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64. Perfect dark was a first person shooter game that was released in May of 2000. I personally enjoyed this game a lot during my mid-teen years since it allows for up to four players to play at one time. All the Perfect Dark cartridges were black.

I hope this information is what you are looking for.

-
Response I received from Nintendo customer support when I asked if they knew any thing about a black Perfect Dark cart.

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:39:31 PM
GibbyVA (32)
(NESCAPADES ) < Meka Chicken >
Virginia
Update - TIER 3, Death to Shredder, 751

OK, did more runs with Leo this time and did much better than I did with Don.

I made it to Shredder with 4 lives and did beat the game with one life left. I got really nervous and sloppy watching the health bar, more than Shredder himself. Here's the shot (almost missed) while I still had 3. I don't know how you guys are getting 717ish, that's awesome.

If my screens are to glitchy looking to accept, I understand. I'm just enjoying the fact I was able to squeak into the contest because of no-shows

EDIT - I have a quick question. Are we allowed to play on clone systems for contests? I have a Retron3 I could be using for better screens until I fix my NES consoles. I know they aren't 100% so I haven't used them in the past but are they an option?

8-Bit Collection (no dupes) -  NES - 1,245 Famicom - 719  Master System - 255
Latest additions - AO, UXO, O-To-X, Rock Paper Scissors, Enigmacore, Cowlitz Gamers Adventure, Journey: The Game, Khan Games 4in1, Legends of Owlia

Edited: 07/14/2013 at 08:59 PM by GibbyVA

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:41:23 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: bimmy_lee

I have an idea in mind and I think you guys will like it   I think it will create a lot of speculation throughout the week.
Hmm...since it's baseball season, you're finally going to pick Baseball right?

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:50:08 PM
hitmantommy (26)
(Thomas R) < Crack Trooper >
Manitoba
Score: 129

As you can probably guess this isn't the game I voted for lol. I always find that I play the first or third TMNT games for NES and this was probably the first time I've played this one in about 12 years. That being said it was fun to compete with you all. Awesome scores everyone and I'll see you in the second half.

Two Crude Dudes Podcast- www.tcdpodcast.blogspot.ca  
Twitter- tcdhitmantommy   Instagram- hitmantommy

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:18:02 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Tier 1 - Krang - 720

Uggh...just couldn't beat Krang. Should have practiced on him some more, I'm really bummed out. Unless guillavoie can't pass the game, it looks like I'm not making it to Round 2

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Edited: 07/14/2013 at 09:18 PM by Krunch

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:24:49 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Krunch

Tier 1 - Krang - 720

Uggh...just couldn't beat Krang. Should have practiced on him some more, I'm really bummed out. Unless guillavoie can't pass the game, it looks like I'm not making it to Round 2

I think since you didn't complete the game, you're out of the running anyway. Great score though!

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:26:42 PM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia

Tier 1 - Krang - 720

At least you made it quite far past the Blue Rock Soldier! Krang was a BIG sticking point for me. He's no joke.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000C...

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:

http://rfgenerationcollectorcast....
677/677 Licensed NES Games
94/94 TG16 Games

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:29:10 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: dra600n

Tier 1 - Krang - 720

I think since you didn't complete the game, you're out of the running anyway. Great score though!

Well 6 players in Tier 1 completed the game so far, so if the remaining scores to come aren't better than Krang, he will pass, Krunch has some hope left in him, maybe his prayers will be fulfilled...

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:30:48 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
BUT... I completed that damn game this evening

Edited: 07/14/2013 at 09:31 PM by guillavoie

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:32:18 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Voting is now over for Round 2. Votes are in and Ninja Gaiden 2 is the Round 2 game. Rules coming in less than 30 minutes.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:33:28 PM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas
Hm, I think some vote stuffing may be afoot here...

Not that I care. I felt better about NG2 than DK, anyway.

Thanks for writing. I apologize for the delay in responding to your email during this busy time of year.
In regard to your email, it is great to hear that you have found a copy of Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64. Perfect dark was a first person shooter game that was released in May of 2000. I personally enjoyed this game a lot during my mid-teen years since it allows for up to four players to play at one time. All the Perfect Dark cartridges were black.

-
Response I received from Nintendo customer support when I asked if they knew any thing about a black Perfect Dark cart.

Edited: 07/14/2013 at 09:34 PM by link463

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:34:24 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
I only played once on Friday, probably could have done better if I practiced some. Besides I hate Ninja Gaiden 2 so I dont really feel all that bad about not having to rush around to find a copy. Congrats to all the good scores. This could only have gotten better if we had to all play it simultaneously in a big tent with lots of TVs and smack talk around.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:37:28 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: guillavoie

Originally posted by: dra600n

Tier 1 - Krang - 720

Well 6 players in Tier 1 completed the game so far, so if the remaining scores to come aren't better than Krang, he will pass, Krunch has some hope left in him, maybe his prayers will be fulfilled...

Ohhh, I miscounted. Either way, that's one hell of a score. You guys sure know how to use those objects to lower your count, that's for sure.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:38:12 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: Space Jockey

This could only have gotten better if we had to all play it simultaneously in a big tent with lots of TVs and smack talk around.

Man,that would be amazing.

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:38:19 PM
WickedWonka (97)
(Mike D) < El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: Space Jockey

I only played once on Friday, probably could have done better if I practiced some. Besides I hate Ninja Gaiden 2 so I dont really feel all that bad about not having to rush around to find a copy. Congrats to all the good scores. This could only have gotten better if we had to all play it simultaneously in a big tent with lots of TVs and smack talk around.

That'd be one funky tent after a week of 30 folks straight gaming..

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:39:14 PM
Logo1285 (14)
(Christopher Loggia) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Interested in the rules for Ninja Gaiden 2. I always hated beat 'em ups, but once I learned how to play TMNT 2, it became much easier. I could get to Krang on a regular basis with no deaths and then I would lose two of my three on him alone.

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:41:57 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: Logo1285

Interested in the rules for Ninja Gaiden 2. I always hated beat 'em ups, but once I learned how to play TMNT 2, it became much easier. I could get to Krang on a regular basis with no deaths and then I would lose two of my three on him alone.

Krang is one tough bastard,that's for sure. He actually seems easier in the arcade version.

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:42:46 PM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas

Krang has always been the eternal nemesis of TMNT 2 players worldwide.

-

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:43:16 PM
Logo1285 (14)
(Christopher Loggia) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Originally posted by: gutsman004

Krang is one tough bastard,that's for sure. He actually seems easier in the arcade version.

The next time I see an arcade cabinet, I am playing it.

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:47:02 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
I'm just glad TMNT II is over!

Now hopefully I'll stay in the top 7 and it's off to Ninja Gaiden 2

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:48:54 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

And then you'll want to own it. Easily one of my favorite arcade games! I don't know how much money I dumped into the one at this Mazzio's I used to go to.

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:53:05 PM
WickedWonka (97)
(Mike D) < El Ripper >
Texas

And then you'll want to own it. Easily one of my favorite arcade games! I don't know how much money I dumped into the one at this Mazzio's I used to go to.

Growing up I played this at mazzios! There was one a bike ride away.. The goodol days