Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoTwizer put his collection up for sale?

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:10:19 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Ozzy_98

Originally posted by: dra600n

Originally posted by: cirellio

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=3&thr...
^
This guy had a good idea, actually. Us, as a community, could pool our money together to buy large collections and separate out what we're missing, and maybe even sell what's left over back to the community right here in the forums.

Just a thought.
I doubt members of NA could agree on pizza toppings together, let alone splitting up that collection.  We'd have ordrakon running around pretending to be a firetruck, PatrickM trying to figure out if each game has a diffrent lag time, arch_8ngel would disagree with someone, and I'd make a penis joke.  A short one if dra600n was the subject.

You weren't complaining about the size when it continued far past your tonsils

And you didn't say anything when I left stretch marks around your mouth.  unless mmmmpht is a real word.

Fortunately you have bad aim and you were actually humping an engagement ring. I didn't say anything because you felt so proud.

-------------------------
Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:01:55 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

Originally posted by: cirellio

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=3&...
^
This guy had a good idea, actually. Us, as a community, could pool our money together to buy large collections and separate out what we're missing, and maybe even sell what's left over back to the community right here in the forums.

Just a thought.
I doubt members of NA could agree on pizza toppings together, let alone splitting up that collection.  We'd have ordrakon running around pretending to be a firetruck, PatrickM trying to figure out if each game has a diffrent lag time, arch_8ngel would disagree with someone, and I'd make a penis joke.  A short one if dra600n was the subject.

LMAO at this post - funny yet so true!

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:14:12 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

No worries, it's just a dumb made up word.

Quick update: things are blowing up. My ebay inbox is flooded. Mainly with people who are asking about the collection, but a few that could be interesting and I'll need to follow up on. I've also been contacted from a couple people in the entertainment industry. I'm not sure what that will lead to if anything, but cool all the same. The Washington Post called this morning and its seems like quite a few other sites are picking it up. I really didn't think it would get so many views. I think it's at 234,000 views and 4700 people watching it. Don't get me wrong, I understand how the news cycle goes and everyone will forget about it in a day or two, but I guess we'll see how things turn out for the auction.
Wow, absolutely crazy.  Well I posted it first, all of those news sites have copied off us

Do you actually think this is going to lead to a sale or more of a publicity thing?  Do you worry about anyone knowing your specific address?  That's always been a thing of paranoia for me.  I don't want people to know where I am with a large collection.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 10/09/2014 at 06:17 PM by jonebone

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:38:50 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

No worries, it's just a dumb made up word.

Quick update: things are blowing up. My ebay inbox is flooded. Mainly with people who are asking about the collection, but a few that could be interesting and I'll need to follow up on. I've also been contacted from a couple people in the entertainment industry. I'm not sure what that will lead to if anything, but cool all the same. The Washington Post called this morning and its seems like quite a few other sites are picking it up. I really didn't think it would get so many views. I think it's at 234,000 views and 4700 people watching it. Don't get me wrong, I understand how the news cycle goes and everyone will forget about it in a day or two, but I guess we'll see how things turn out for the auction.
Wow, absolutely crazy.  Well I posted it first, all of those news sites have copied off us

Do you actually think this is going to lead to a sale or more of a publicity thing?  Do you worry about anyone knowing your specific address?  That's always been a thing of paranoia for me.  I don't want people to know where I am with a large collection.

If it sells, I'll give you all the credit Jone.   I'm of course hoping for a sale.  I do have it as "Best Offer" and I'm willing to lower the price.  I don't think my address is out there, but of course with a bit of searching if someone really wanted to they could find out.  That said, they will be sad when they find an empty room where my collection once sat.  Since I'm moving all my collection is at a safe location which is probably not easily findable. 

Once its all said and done, either sold or not, I'll post about some of the crazier questions and offers that came into my inbox. 

Edited: 10/09/2014 at 06:39 PM by NintendoTwizer

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:16:01 PM
tarkusAB (73)
(Anthony ) < Meka Chicken >
Rhode Island
This auction is getting so much press, at this point I'd be surprised if you don't sell it. I'm sure you'll find someone with deep pockets willing to negotiate a solid price. Hopefully it doesn't go to someone who will break it up and sell it in pieces but hey, if it sells it sells!

Oct 9, 2014 at 9:42:30 PM
mjwatts26 (39)

< Eggplant Wizard >
I want to know who in the entertainment industry contacted you. Anyone we would know?

Edited: 10/10/2014 at 12:00 AM by mjwatts26

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:35:07 PM
SNESfinder- (87)
(Stelio Kontos) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
Dam that is a beautiful set up.. Like disney world for retro gamers

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:06:49 PM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
No BS, if I had that kind of cash, I'd offer $145,000, fly out there with a friend and rent a Uhaul to drive it back. $150k if you'd fly to where I live after I got back and help me with shelving :-)

Best of luck and hopefully one of those celebs (or a true collector) is one of the ones who gets it!

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:20:10 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
I've seen articles about this on both Yahoo and Kotaku, I hope no one acts like an idiot about it and the asking price, it's pretty obvious he's just throwing it out there and seeing if any big fish take a bite.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:46:49 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: empire

I've seen articles about this on both Yahoo and Kotaku, I hope no one acts like an idiot about it and the asking price, it's pretty obvious he's just throwing it out there and seeing if any big fish take a bite.

As beating a dead horse can be, this is exactly the way you end up getting too much attention. Which was the whole point. Though some food for thought I was informed of:

All of this media coverage and attention caused Thomasson's family great distress and he had to get a security system for his house. This is what Thomasson admitted on Digital Press and it is possible this may happen again. 

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:50:37 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
I have a security system on my house. Shits on right now.

VideoGameSage.com

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:44:49 PM
nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: DreamTR

As beating a dead horse can be, this is exactly the way you end up getting too much attention. Which was the whole point. Though some food for thought I was informed of:

All of this media coverage and attention caused Thomasson's family great distress and he had to get a security system for his house. This is what Thomasson admitted on Digital Press and it is possible this may happen again. 

If I was him I would be more afraid of some crazy people trying to hold me hostage at gunpoint just to get at that money from the auction that didn't really sell, then from someone trying to steal all of those crappy games he has  

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:48:56 PM
snoopy101 (91)
< El Ripper >
Idaho
Does anyone have a rough estimate of what all those games are worth if sold at a retail level...? I'm just curious