Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Running List Of Nintendo Prototypes All Nintendo Platforms **JaxsBox added!!!**

Jul 4, 2017 at 10:44:57 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States

Welcome to the new NA running list of Nintendo Prototype owners. This list is for prototype owners of any Nintendo platform. If you want your name on the list post at least 2 photos with your NA name and date pictured. The 2 required photos should include 1) Exterior of cart from front 2) Clear pictures of board and eproms 3) **Optional: Picture of the prototype up and running. These requirements must be met or you will not be added to the list.

Rules of Thumb:
Do not offer to buy or sell the prototypes listed here.
Do not ask for ROMs.
Do not use pictures here with out the owners permission.

Post any new prototypes you buy.

Post when you sell a prototype.

Post comments but do keep in mind this topic only works if owners don't feel threatened. Feedback is always welcomed and appreciated, harassment is not.

Thanks in advance to everyone looking to contribute to the topic. If anyone would like to post anonymously please contact me for details.

Alphabetical by owner:

-------------------------
FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Edited: 07/23/2018 at 12:34 PM by JaxsBox

Jul 4, 2017 at 10:45:15 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Proto Owners
(Check listed post for photos)

CD2193 (Post #6)
Dracula Densetsu (Castlevania The Adventure is the English title)
Ultima: Ushinawareta Rune (Runes of Virtue)
Oira Jajamaru! Sekai Daibouken (Maru's Mission)
Rayearth (4/24 version)
Dragonball Z: Goku Gekitouden
Nettou Garou Densetsu 2 (6/10? 15? version, second number of the date too small to easily read)

dmg_sweden (Post #10&11)
Bamse (Scandinavian exclusive)
Banishing Racer
Mach Go Go Go (Speed Racer)
Pachinko CR Daiku no Gensan (Hammerin Harry Pachinko)
Dirty Racer (non working)
2201 Rom Pack & Aladdin

JaxsBox (Post #16)
American Gladiators 
Flight of The Intruder

OriginalPSP (Post #4)
Akira (four different builds - unreleased, unfinished)
Seaquest DSV (some differences from production version)
Ultima: Runes of Virtue

SNESNESCUBE64 (Post #3)
Cannon Fodder for GBC
2440 ROM Pack Camera Debbuging Tool

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Edited: 07/23/2018 at 12:34 PM by JaxsBox

Jul 5, 2017 at 4:42:40 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Finally got around to taking pictures of my protos. I have the following complete protos, does not include the SNES Rom board, I just threw it in there:
Cannon Fodder for GBC
2440 ROM Pack - Not too familiar with this, I was told it was for some sort of camera debugging so I threw it in here.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Edited: 08/08/2017 at 11:15 PM by SNESNESCUBE64

Jul 30, 2017 at 7:20:38 PM
OriginalPSP (0)
(Patrick Scott Patterson) < Little Mac >
Texas
In order:

- Akira (four different builds - unreleased, unfinished)
- Seaquest DSV (some differences from production version)
- Ultima: Runes of Virtue

Patrick Scott Patterson

www.VideoGamePreservation.com

Aug 8, 2017 at 11:15:22 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Cannon Fodder is no longer in my possession, please remove it from the list.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:36:41 PM
CD2193 (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Texas
GameBoy prototypes came up in another prototype thread (and they seem to have a decent number of mentions in this thread), so here are 6 of my GameBoy prototypes. All of these ones are Japanese and differ from their respective retail releases in one way or another. From top left: Dracula Densetsu (Castlevania The Adventure is the English title), Ultima: Ushinawareta Rune (Runes of Virtue), Oira Jajamaru! Sekai Daibouken (Maru's Mission), Rayearth (4/24 version), Dragonball Z: Goku Gekitouden, Nettou Garou Densetsu 2 (6/10? 15? version, second number of the date too small to easily read).

Edited: 08/16/2017 at 06:45 PM by CD2193

Aug 17, 2017 at 6:33:25 AM
dmg_sweden (0)

< Cherub >
Sweden
Originally posted by: CD2193

GameBoy prototypes came up in another prototype thread (and they seem to have a decent number of mentions in this thread), so here are 6 of my GameBoy prototypes. All of these ones are Japanese and differ from their respective retail releases in one way or another. From top left: Dracula Densetsu (Castlevania The Adventure is the English title), Ultima: Ushinawareta Rune (Runes of Virtue), Oira Jajamaru! Sekai Daibouken (Maru's Mission), Rayearth (4/24 version), Dragonball Z: Goku Gekitouden, Nettou Garou Densetsu 2 (6/10? 15? version, second number of the date too small to easily read).

That's a nice collection you have there. I'm curious about Castlevania. What notable differences are there?

https://www.instagram.com/dmg_swe...

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:17:24 PM
CD2193 (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Texas
It has a level select based on button combinations which is not present in the final game.

Edit to answer question: Held button combinations, not selectable menu items

Edited: 08/17/2017 at 12:44 PM by CD2193

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:36:07 PM
dmg_sweden (0)

< Cherub >
Sweden
Originally posted by: CD2193

It has a level select based on button combinations which is not present in the final game.

Is this shown as a option on the title screen or is it something you figured out by yourself?

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:05:13 PM
dmg_sweden (0)

< Cherub >
Sweden
Please add me to the list. I have started collecting Game Boy prototypes recently but I think I have some gems at least. The games are the following top left to bottom. Bamse (Scandinavian exclusive), Banishing Racer, Mach Go Go Go (Speed Racer), Pachinko CR Daiku no Gensan (Hammerin Harry Pachinko), Dirty Racer (non working), 2201 Rom Pack & Aladdin.

Pachinko CR Daiku no Gensan and Mach Go Go Go have notable differences not found in the retail version. The rest needs to be investigated further and will be checked and compared as soon as I have the proper equipment for dumping.

Edited: 08/17/2017 at 01:11 PM by dmg_sweden

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:16:33 PM
dmg_sweden (0)

< Cherub >
Sweden
Just in today, I have just started them up and have not compared them to the final versions.

Will do that as soon as I have the time.

Edited: 08/21/2017 at 04:17 PM by dmg_sweden

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:20:24 PM
DigWick (0)

(Mario -) < Tourian Tourist >
Germany
I have a Mortal Kombat prototype cartridge for DMG. Looks like the above ones, with a UV EPROM, with a handwritten label on it. However on the cart underneath, there is the regular Mortal Kombat sticker. I bought it off eBay from a US seller, many years ago.
Game seems to be a late or even final Version before release. I sadly do not own the final Version to compare, however looking for it.

Edited: 03/25/2018 at 03:31 AM by DigWick

Mar 21, 2018 at 12:11:11 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: DigWick

I have a Mortal Kombat prototype cartridge for DMG. Looks like the above ones, with a UV EPROM, with a handwritten label on it. However on the cart underneath, there is the regular Mortal Kombat sticker. I bought it off eBay from a US seller, many years ago.
Game seems to be a late or even final Version before release. I sadly do not own the final Version to compare, however looking for it.

Need to follow the rules posted in order to be added. Look forward to seeing what you have!

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:36:24 PM
introless (24)
(random guy) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
JaxsBox where's your list of protos  

I've sold everything I had and only have this one Captain Lang cart for Genesis left. Seems to be at least a little past mid-way through development.

Edited: 04/27/2018 at 10:36 PM by introless

May 5, 2018 at 7:15:43 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: introless

JaxsBox where's your list of protos  

I've sold everything I had and only have this one Captain Lang cart for Genesis left. Seems to be at least a little past mid-way through development.

Me? Protos? NAH!

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:32:01 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Here are my protos curently:

American Gladiators & Bonus Cart w/o Eproms

Flight of The Intruder NES

Apr 04 at 11:21:24 AM
Woobie (20)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Got my first proto, baseball stars 2. Will have to probably take a better photo tonight with my name as well, just snapped it quick last night when I opened the cart 

Apr 04 at 11:35:23 AM
OriginalPSP (0)
(Patrick Scott Patterson) < Little Mac >
Texas
The lead post asks to update if we sell a prototype. I'm posting today that I'll be finding new homes for the prototypes I've obtained. While it's been fun to have them, I haven't had the time to do what I wanted to do with them and don't foresee that changing any time soon, so best to move on and let someone else, especially as I streamline my gaming archive back to it's original intent.

Please remove my entry from the main post, and thank you to all who inboxed me about this stuff when I got them. I love the passion here.

Patrick Scott Patterson

www.VideoGamePreservation.com

Apr 26 at 12:30:03 PM
TamB (0)

< Cherub >

Please add me to the list. I have aquired the Seaquest DSV for gameboy prototype from OriginalPSP as seen below.

Edited: 05/11/2019 at 01:44 PM by TamB

May 06 at 7:13:07 PM
DillyDylan (0)
(DILLY!!! ) < Cherub >
Saskatchewan
NES
Adventure Island III (Unreleased PAL Version)

Game Boy
Felix The Cat
Lucky Luke
Milon's Secret Castle
Prince Of Persia
Splitz
Starhawk
Super Off Road
The Humans
Triumph (Unreleased)
Tintin In Tibet

SNES
Jurrassic Park
Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures Of Mickey Mouse

I know as a fact I have more coming in the future, but this is all I have as of now.

May 06 at 8:42:44 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
I know I posted photos of mine, is there another NES prototype thread?

May 06 at 11:18:10 PM
DillyDylan (0)
(DILLY!!! ) < Cherub >
Saskatchewan
NES
Adventure Island III (Unreleased PAL Version)

Game Boy
Felix The Cat
Lucky Luke
Milon's Secret Castle
Prince Of Persia
Splitz
Starhawk
Super Off Road
The Humans
Triumph (Unreleased)
Tintin In Tibet

SNES
Jurrassic Park
Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures Of Mickey Mouse

I know as a fact I have more coming in the future, but this is all I have as of now.

Oct 05 at 12:20:39 PM
Prototector (3)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec

2 more on the way

Edited: 10/05/2019 at 12:22 PM by Prototector