Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

GameGavel - Auctions for Gamers - New Site Look - Check it out!

May 31, 2008 at 8:17:25 PM
GameGavel (5)
(Mike Kennedy) < Meka Chicken >
California

NintendoAge.com Approved !

Hey all, I wanted to introduce you to a new, less-expensive auction alternative dedicated to the hobby we all love - Video Games.

http://www.ChaseTheChuckwagon.com was launched on March 24th, 2008 and has quickly grown to 810 members (as of 8/23/08), most of which are collectors from Video Gaming Newsgroups & Forums. Despite our small size, there have been a number of very interesting auctions and most items are selling at or above what they would have sold for on Ebay. So if you are a seller, please don't let the small size fool you. We have lots of collector traffic and from 3-10 New Members signing up each day!

Be sure to tune in to our weekly home page feature "Auction Talk" to hear up-to-date site growth statistics as well as learn about new and interesting items recently listed for auction. Here is a link to the current episode:

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/AuctionTalk.mp3

In addition to video game auctions we also have categories for Arcade Games, Pinball Machines, Handheld Electronic Games, Vintage Games & Toys, Music & DVD's and Pop Culture.

Everyone who registers will get a $5 Seller Credit to let you run a couple free auctions to try the site out. I look forward to seeing all you NintendoAge members jump on the Chuckwagon Bandwagon.

Thank you all!

So Cal Mike, Owner - ChaseTheChuckwagon.com

-------------------------

So Cal Mike

http://www.GameGavel.com, Auctions For Gamers

Edited: 01/16/2011 at 05:12 PM by GameGavel

May 31, 2008 at 8:48:06 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Just wanted to say to all those that might be a bit hesitant - SoCalMike really has his act together, he's made a secure and fully-fuctional site and has worked his butt off to attract some great collectors and in turn, some great items. I've been surprised at some of the pretty scarce things that have been sold there so far.

I'll be listing some things over the next couple of days - especially for interesting high-end items, his fees are unbeatable. All of you looking for a way to stick it to feeBay, here's your chance.

May 31, 2008 at 8:56:46 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
Signed up!

May 31, 2008 at 9:06:11 PM
CUSTOM NES GUY (90)
(Jared CNG) < King Solomon >
Georgia
Sounds like just what I need!

Facebook.com/Customnesguy   All my custom NES's to date-http://youtube.com/user/jayrod2...

I thought I was an overpacker, that thing could have survived a nuclear explosion.  -zeldaboy

May 31, 2008 at 9:25:30 PM
GameGavel (5)
California
Originally posted by: dangevin

Just wanted to say to all those that might be a bit hesitant - SoCalMike really has his act together, he's made a secure and fully-fuctional site and has worked his butt off to attract some great collectors and in turn, some great items. I've been surprised at some of the pretty scarce things that have been sold there so far.

I'll be listing some things over the next couple of days - especially for interesting high-end items, his fees are unbeatable. All of you looking for a way to stick it to feeBay, here's your chance.

Thanks for the kind words.  We have been on a bit of a high since launching.  There may be some big news up ahead as well.  You never you what we will be cooking up on the Chuckwagon

Check out this Press Release -- Especially if you are into Arcade Game Collection --

http://chasingthechuckwagon.com/Exclusive%20Arcade%20Game%20...

Thanks, again.

So Cal Mike

May 31, 2008 at 9:32:18 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Very cool. I'm all registered!

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:22:36 AM
Jumpman Jr. (47)
(Will Bowins) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
I've been thinking more and more about registering as the days go buy. There is no way in hell I would ever sell on eBay, but I was considering dumping off some of my Intellivision collection on Chasethechuckwagon.com, but decided against it because people were starting to buy off of me on the forums.

Still, though.. it seems to be a viable alternative for eBay. I'm sure I'll figure out some stuff to sell (and buy) in the future. In fact... I think I'll be joining soon.
Good luck with everything.

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:41:32 AM
GameGavel (5)
California
Originally posted by: Jumpman Jr.

I've been thinking more and more about registering as the days go buy. There is no way in hell I would ever sell on eBay, but I was considering dumping off some of my Intellivision collection on Chasethechuckwagon.com, but decided against it because people were starting to buy off of me on the forums.

Still, though.. it seems to be a viable alternative for eBay. I'm sure I'll figure out some stuff to sell (and buy) in the future. In fact... I think I'll be joining soon.

Thanks for your consideration.  I hope to see a few of your items on the Chuckwagon.  So far, sellers are having quite a bit of success.  The costs are quite a bit less than Ebay and you are starting with a $5 Credit so you can run an auction or two to try the site out. 

So Cal Mike

Jun 1, 2008 at 5:33:35 AM
jaredkk (57)
(Jared Klinger) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: ChaseTheChuckwagon

Thanks for your consideration.  I hope to see a few of your items on the Chuckwagon.  So far, sellers are having quite a bit of success.  The costs are quite a bit less than Ebay and you are starting with a $5 Credit so you can run an auction or two to try the site out. 

You only can try "an auction or 2" for $5.00?  So, it costs $2.50-$5.00 to list one auction?  I think thats a little more than ebay, no?

Jun 1, 2008 at 5:37:49 AM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
Jared, check the site out. The fees are listed right up front. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Jun 1, 2008 at 7:59:51 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Awesome site, signed up for sure!

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Jun 1, 2008 at 9:43:36 AM
GameGavel (5)
California
Originally posted by: jaredkk

Originally posted by: ChaseTheChuckwagon

You only can try "an auction or 2" for $5.00?  So, it costs $2.50-$5.00 to list one auction?  I think thats a little more than ebay, no?

Some people list arcade games and the like (expensive items).   Others may want to spend the $2 to have the item featured on the home page to see how that works.  Frankly if you list items and don't use any of the enhancement feature you could run quite a few auctions.   Just trying to cover all the basis

Here is a link to our fee page:

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/html/sellers_guide.htm

So Cal Mike

Edited: 06/01/2008 at 09:49 AM by GameGavel

Jun 1, 2008 at 10:19:13 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
I've had the site bookmarked for about a month, and I've been too lazy to register. Looks like it's time to get motivated...

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

Jun 1, 2008 at 10:43:10 AM
GameGavel (5)
California
Originally posted by: xARSEFACEx

I've had the site bookmarked for about a month, and I've been too lazy to register. Looks like it's time to get motivated...

Thank for registering and Welcome Aboard the Chuckwagon

So Cal Mike

Jun 1, 2008 at 11:39:29 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I will sign up later today and might even try to get some auctions up tonight I have heard quite a buzz about the site, which is a hard to do these days.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Jun 2, 2008 at 10:59:29 AM
bongoben (45)
(Ben White) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
just signed up... yay!

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:04:05 PM
jimpoleshuk (279)
(Jim Poleshuk) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
I even bid on something

www.videogameboxprotectors.com

Jun 2, 2008 at 10:50:08 PM
jimpoleshuk (279)
(Jim Poleshuk) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
Listed some stuff too. Dan just threw up a sealed Metal Gear

www.videogameboxprotectors.com

Jun 2, 2008 at 11:08:28 PM
Quack (68)
(Quack Quack) < King Solomon >
Florida
Signed up as well!

Mr Penguin O4 (9:01:18 PM): Quackenguin
SnappleSTG (9:01:28 PM): Pengenbush

Swing by my YouTube channel for a visit, and sub up while you're there! :)

Jun 2, 2008 at 11:32:48 PM
TFGZ (7)
(Game Citadel) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Very interesting. I will definitely give it a shot.

Jun 3, 2008 at 1:03:40 AM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
Yep Jim, also I've got my "weird south american protos" almost done and will also be listing a sealed Ninja Gaiden 1 either later tonight or tomorrow

Edited: 06/03/2008 at 01:14 AM by dangevin

Jun 3, 2008 at 3:34:09 PM
Bigmatt (2)
(Matt English) < Crack Trooper >
Massachusetts
Just Signed up!!

Jun 3, 2008 at 7:19:10 PM
GameGavel (5)
California
Originally posted by: Bigmatt

Just Signed up!!

Hey Bigmatt !  Thanks for registering.  Let me know if you have any questions about using the site. 

So Cal Mike

Jun 5, 2008 at 5:43:25 PM
GameGavel (5)
California

In keeping with the latest trends, ChaseTheChuckwagon.com, The New Video Game Dedicated Auction site is offering up a Summer's worth of FREE Classic Gaming Goodness for one lucky member.  Read below or visit our home page for the complete details:

ChaseTheChuckwagon.com Summer Classic Gaming Give Away!

$100 Gaming Bundle For The Classic System Of Your Choice (Random Items Chosen By Me and A Surprise To The Winner. A combination of games, accessories or both). A winner will be drawn on July 4th, 2008.

This offer is available to:

All New Registered Members From June 1st, 2008 & July 3rd 2008.

All Sellers Who List at least 5 Items between June 1st, 2008 & July 3rd, 2008.

So Cal Mike

Jun 5, 2008 at 8:37:29 PM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
I like this idea, since it gives me a chance too. Gotta get listing!