Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA beat every N64 game in a year ? (2017) Games beaten: 199/303 - Last game finished: NBA Jam 99

Jan 3, 2017 at 8:11:55 PM
RetroMichel (41)
(Michel B.) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

Question: For Shadows of the Empire, is it required to beat the game on the harder difficulties to get the true ending or can you just beat it on the normal difficulty for the bad ending?
Hello. I just checked some videos of Shadows of the Empire to see if you can finish it on Medium difficulty. I've come to the conclusion that you need to finish the game at least on Medium difficulty, since when you play it on Easy, you can't know if Dash really perished. So yeah, Medium or higher for the difficulty. I will add that to the list of completion conditions. Thanks, Loxx !

Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

I have a question too. Why does rage wars need to be beaten with the grey cart? I thought that the bug that was fixed by the grey cart was only in the multiplayer game not single player.
Hey, great to see you're back ! For Turok: Rage Wars, you're right. I will specify that this only applies to the multiplayer mode.

Carmageddon 64 is done. I will simply quote my comment from last year:

Originally posted by: RetroMichel

It is an OK game with many flaws. I'll explain the game a little. You have a certain number of races in which you can whether:

1. Destroy everybody (that's what I do all the time).
2. Actually do the race.
3. Kill all the zombies in the map.

When you win three consecutive races, you have a mission. There is a total of ten missions and these are the only thing that brings something new. Yeah, the game is VERY repetitive. The controls can be awful at moments, because you always "jump" from hitting walls, bumps, etc.

It doesn't deserve the 1.3/10 rating of IGN, but it doesn't deserve anything higher than 6 as well.

Pretty bad game, but definitely not the worst by Titus.

International Track & Field 2000 is also done. I had a better score this year than I've ever had before. Pretty proud of my score. I will also quote my comment from last year for this game too:

It is a very challenging game and that's what I like about it. The only thing I truly dislike about this game though is that it is a controller destroyer. Indeed, the game makes you button mash your A and B buttons (or C-left and C-right) and there is even an event (Hammer Throw) with the same gameplay as the joystick minigame in Mario Party.

Fun game !

Championship Mode:

Trial Mode:

Edited: 01/04/2017 at 09:59 AM by RetroMichel

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:34:27 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Ah, i always complain at my co workers for their lack of reading comprehension and i go and do that dam! Lol. I started playing Armorines Project Swarm we'll see how that goes

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:10:37 AM
mpacz99 (0)
(Matthew ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Missouri
Nearly finished with Ms Pac-man Maze Madness! Hope to finish it up in the next day or two.

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:21:55 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Clay Fighter: Sculptor's Cut is completed. Played on Project64.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed by this one. I don't consider it as a sequel or anything to Clay Fighter 63 1/3. There are just some new stages and characters, so nothing really impressing. That's a bad thing which is recurrent with fighting games: just think about Capcom and all their versions of the Street Fighter games... I like Clay Fighter 63 1/3, even if I know I'm in the minority, but Sculptor's Cut really has nothing surprising.

OK game, but just having the first one is more than enough.

The New Tetris is completed. Played on Project64.

I'm not very good at Tetris and didn't grow up with puzzle games, so I'm not familiar with them. But hey, I'm pretty proud of my score. Definitely a nice game for the N64, but it seems to be not varied... I played this one on Project64, since I don't have the cartridge for it. I thought the controls for this game would be nice on a keyboard, and in fact, it wasn't that bad !

Nice game.

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:32:24 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Looks like Armorines is one of only 13 games that has never been beaten. Look forward to seeing if you can do it.

-------------------------

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:37:29 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Looks like Armorines is one of only 13 games that has never been beaten. Look forward to seeing if you can do it.
It doesnt seem to be very hard, though ive only playes the first two levels so far.  The controls are alot different than im used to. C buttons for walking and stick for looking around, which i think i heard is how turok works but i havnt tried those yet, and it has the airplane stick. So push stick up you look down, i hate that and theres no way to change it

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:40:40 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
That's how all the Turoks work. Though you can configure the Y-axis in those.

-------------------------

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:23:16 PM
Galdius (13)
< Meka Chicken >
Brazil
Originally posted by: RetroMichel

Clay Fighter: Sculptor's Cut is completed. Played on Project64.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed by this one. I don't consider it as a sequel or anything to Clay Fighter 63 1/3. There are just some new stages and characters, so nothing really impressing. That's a bad thing which is recurrent with fighting games: just think about Capcom and all their versions of the Street Fighter games... I like Clay Fighter 63 1/3, even if I know I'm in the minority, but Sculptor's Cut really has nothing surprising.

OK game, but just having the first one is more than enough.

The New Tetris is completed. Played on Project64.

I'm not very good at Tetris and didn't grow up with puzzle games, so I'm not familiar with them. But hey, I'm pretty proud of my score. Definitely a nice game for the N64, but it seems to be not varied... I played this one on Project64, since I don't have the cartridge for it. I thought the controls for this game would be nice on a keyboard, and in fact, it wasn't that bad !

Nice game.

Damn. I was going to play those games. 
I was planning on playing Sculptor's Cut tomorrow but I will look for another game then.
Maybe Xena. It's short and it's not bad.

edit: Xena is done.

Edited: 01/04/2017 at 06:13 PM by Galdius

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:15:34 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
OK guys, I have beaten a lot of very short games today on my emulator:

Cruis'n Exotica is completed. I remember that I liked this game last year because of its graphics and fast gameplay. However, I didn't have a good experience today with it. I've found myself having trouble on the easiest difficulty because of random things like cars going in the wrong way or stupid accidents that obligated me to start every race all over again. The game is pretty good, but it's not great. If you like Cruis'n World and Cruis'n USA, I'm pretty sure you'll like this one too. I always like the fast gameplay and the graphics (especially in Hong Kong).

Pretty good game.

Magical Tetris Challenge is done. These N64 Tetris games are very addictive. Since I first played The New Tetris and Magical Tetris Challenge last year, I've been hooked. I always play them when I have nothing important to do and they're great for relaxing. What I like the most about Tetris is that you can either be relaxed while playing it or you can try to beat your own score and become better and better. Magical Tetris Challenge is a very fun Tetris game with new blocks and cool visuals. I've chosen Donald Duck, my favorite Disney character. I highly recommend this game.

Very fun game.

MRC: Multi-Racing Championship is beaten. This game is so short. There is a total of three race tracks. Three. What were they thinking ? I beat it in 15 minutes. I would have been so pissed off if I bought this back in the days. The controls, sometimes, are unresponsive, and there is only one vehicle that I would recommend. The other cars are very hard to control and I don't think it is interesting to choose them when you have a much better car. The game is good graphically speaking: I think it's a pretty nice-looking game. If you see MRC: Multi-Racing Championship for dirt cheap, take it. However, don't pay more than you should for this very short game.

OK game.

South Park Rally is done. I don't really care what people are saying about this game. Yes, it's broken, it's not good-looking and it's a bad copy of Mario Kart 64. But there is something that makes this game special: the variety in the levels ! In fact, the 14 levels are original and are fun. It's like a Mario Party, but with cars. In some levels, you'll need to collect objects, in others you'll have to finish first in a race or you'll have to bring something to different checkpoints. The game is fun despite its many flaws and I think that it shouldn't be taken too seriously. I also like the music in it.

Fun game.

I will update the main post tomorrow, I'm tired now. I need some sleep. Thanks guys for your contribution, the year is really starting well.

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:45:17 PM
Galdius (13)
< Meka Chicken >
Brazil
South Park: Chef's Luv Shack is complete.

Edited: 01/05/2017 at 06:32 PM by Galdius

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:10:14 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Armorines is going to take a while the game is so freakin dark. There some parts where i migtt as well turn the screen off its so dark. I thought it was my tv at first jack the brightness all the way up fiddled with color setting but it didn't help much. Then i looked at youtube for some help and the videos of the n64 version (there are some that say n64 but are really psone) loom just as bad. Im going to keep pushing through but it will take some time

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:35:25 PM
mpacz99 (0)
Missouri
All-Star Baseball 2000 is done!
Managed to sweep the Cubs handily in 4 games, playing as the Oakland A's. Overall, I outscored them 47-15. I am a huge baseball fan and playing through this helped me realize how pumped I am for the 2017 season to start. In fact, I might just have to play the other two All-Star Baseball titles just to hold me over until Spring Training! If you enjoy baseball like I do, I think the All-Star Baseball series is the best simulation baseball you'll find on the N64. Despite the rosters being 18 years outdated, I still found the game to hold up incredibly well and I had a blast playing it. Highly, highly recommended if you like baseball, especially with how inexpensive sports games are!

P.S.: I hit a bit of a setback in Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness. I still plan to finish it, but it will take longer than I'd originally intended.

Edited: 01/06/2017 at 10:37 PM by mpacz99

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:54:24 AM
Galdius (13)
< Meka Chicken >
Brazil
Ì beat the Normal Cup and the Special Cup on the Hotwheels game but I can't beat the Windmill Cup.
Is it necessary to beat it to consider this game finished or are the two cups already enough?
The Windmill Cup is just one track that was already in one of the other cups agains two other cars that are very fast.

Edit: the game doesn't have credits when you finish any of the cups. The credits are on the menu.

Edited: 01/08/2017 at 07:56 AM by Galdius

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:14:37 AM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Galdius

Ì beat the Normal Cup and the Special Cup on the Hotwheels game but I can't beat the Windmill Cup.
Is it necessary to beat it to consider this game finished or are the two cups already enough?
The Windmill Cup is just one track that was already in one of the other cups agains two other cars that are very fast.

Edit: the game doesn't have credits when you finish any of the cups. The credits are on the menu.
The Twinmill Challenge is necessary in order to beat the game, but I can help you with it. You should try to play it with one of these vehicles: TwinMill or TwinMill II. You should have unlocked them just before the new cup started. If I remember correctly, it's still hard with them, but it's a lot easier. Good luck !

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:02:41 AM
Galdius (13)
< Meka Chicken >
Brazil
Originally posted by: RetroMichel

Originally posted by: Galdius

The Twinmill Challenge is necessary in order to beat the game, but I can help you with it. You should try to play it with one of these vehicles: TwinMill or TwinMill II. You should have unlocked them just before the new cup started. If I remember correctly, it's still hard with them, but it's a lot easier. Good luck !

I tried with the TwinMill but still did not managed to beat it. I will try a couple more times today or tomorrow.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:36:17 PM
Crazyhands007 (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Hey everyone how is it going? Im excited to contribute again. I have beaten a few games this week since I was off school. I only have one picture on me so ill post the other 2 tonight when I get home. But OOT is done  

Lets do it this year!

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:48:01 AM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Crazyhands007

Hey everyone how is it going? Im excited to contribute again. I have beaten a few games this week since I was off school. I only have one picture on me so ill post the other 2 tonight when I get home. But OOT is done   Lets do it this year!
Great to see you again ! Welcome back.

BTW, I will update the list later today. I didn't have much time lately.

Edited: 01/09/2017 at 12:52 AM by RetroMichel

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:08:28 AM
Italia64 (1)
(Gabriele Atzori) < Eggplant Wizard >
Italy
I start today. This year I'm sure we gonna beat 'em all  

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:53:20 AM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
By the way, 2 days ago I beaten Automobili Lamborghini. Just the championship.
I'm going to beat it 100% in these days.

Jan 9, 2017 at 8:19:05 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Chameleon Twist is completed. I have this game since I'm very young and I've always liked it. I love the music, the memorable enemies and levels and also, the originality of the gameplay. However, this game is just too short. That's a very unfortunate thing, because I would have liked it to be longer. I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a fun, little game. The game is not astounding graphically, but it's pretty good-looking.

Good game.

Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers is 100% completed. I've been completing this game every year since 2014 and I've liked it every time I've played it. It's a short game just like Chameleon Twist, it's very simple and easy, but it's pretty good. The graphics are nice, it's funny and I like the different levels. The music, that I liked at first, seemed a little repetitive to me this year, but it's not a huge problem.

Good game.

NHL 99 is done too. It is a very solid hockey game (probably my favorite on the console). I played against these teams:

1. Pittsburgh Penguins
2. New York Rangers
3. Buffalo Sabres
4. Nashville Predators

I played on Pro difficulty and didn't have any trouble. If I play it next year, I'll try it on the hardest difficulty.

Good game.

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:15:09 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Beaten all the cups in the easiest mode in Mickey's Speedway USA. An extremely easy task.
Tomorrow I'll do the hardest mode.

I also beaten the first arcade mode in Lamborghini, but I run out of time in the last race in the harder selection of three tracks

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:43:33 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Automobili Lamborghini is 100% beaten. All cars unlocked.

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:36:26 PM
NESking80 (15)
(Chris aka inspector Callahan ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Working on Mario party 3 (which is my favorite tied with 1), but it will take a while

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:54:11 PM
mpacz99 (0)
Missouri
AeroGauge is done! Once again another very quick game to beat (20-30 minutes).
In my opinion, this game is criminally underrated. It got absolutely destroyed by critics, but I think it's quite good. For those that may not be familiar, it's a hovercraft-racing game that's somewhat reminiscent of Extreme-G. However, one really unique aspect of the game is that you can maneuver vertically as well as horizontally. The ability to change your height above the ground as you're racing is pretty cool and makes the game pretty interesting. My biggest complaint is that the game only has 4 tracks to play through, which is pretty disappointing. Of course, I just had to race as the N64 controller.  
Definitely worth picking up if you come across it and enjoy racing games.

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:42:27 PM
NESking80 (15)
(Chris aka inspector Callahan ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Still working on Mario party 3. Quit twice on the first game because I lacked motivation.