NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Wii U Collectors Discussion Thread

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:50:24 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

I'm starting to close in. Probably less than 30 games now and most are shovelware I refuse to pay more than $15-$20 for. Although, there seems to be a couple games that I never see around however they're still pretty cheap on eBay. Mainly the fitness, skylanders, and kid games I have to track down now.

I don't think this will be too bad to collect for down the road. There will be a couple games that are going to be a little bit pricey but even if some of the garbage games have low print runs no one wants them but collectors. There are plenty of uncommon games on NES, SNES, and 64 that don't sell for that much even though they are 'rare'.

The fact that price charting is listing Lego and Spiderman as rare is a joke. Most likely just a script and it's non representative since the games aren't that old. I just got a second copy of Tank from eBay a couple weeks ago for $25 in an auction. People just need to chill instead of dumping money into a BIN auction.

I agree, I am pretty sure I saw a copy of Spider-Man at BestBuy.  Let me know if you want to move that extra Tank

-------------------------
Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:45:46 PM
unforgiven (33)
(Marc-André Belleau) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
I envy your HW and MK8 Limited Editions. I should have bought it on eBay the day it came out
I also want to get as many games as I can, but I avoid sets like Skylanders.

Edited: 03/26/2015 at 11:46 PM by unforgiven

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:28:58 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Originally posted by: NorthWestSouthWest

I envy your HW and MK8 Limited Editions. I should have bought it on eBay the day it came out

The HW and MK8 are currently the jewels of the system right now.  But the prices for them on eBAY are just silly

Currently looking for:

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:40:33 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Originally posted by: AC Skywalker

The HW and MK8 are currently the jewels of the system right now.  But the prices for them on eBAY are just silly

Depends who you ask. I couldn't give two shits about them since Nintendo made them NY exclusives only. Pretty much a lazy FU to American collectors. I'll more than likely never own them because I'm not gonna pay someone a $500+ premium for living in NY. Not knocking those who have them, but the whole thing was pretty much BS in my opinion and I simply don't care to own them. 

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:46:35 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada

Depends who you ask. I couldn't give two shits about them since Nintendo made them NY exclusives only. Pretty much a lazy FU to American collectors. I'll more than likely never own them because I'm not gonna pay someone a $500+ premium for living in NY. Not knocking those who have them, but the whole thing was pretty much BS in my opinion and I simply don't care to own them. 

Don't get me wrong man, I don't have nor will I ever have them either.  I never collect fancy special editions.  Just stating a fact, they are what they are.  Prices for them will eventually come down too.  For now I stay on the hunt for the elusive Hello Kitty Kruisers..... wtf did I just say?

Currently looking for:

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:48:23 PM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
Nice to see pics. Crazy collection! I've been buying most everything released on Xbox One, but I actually open the games and play them. Sitting around 55 games now.

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Edited: 03/27/2015 at 01:00 PM by xtremegamer

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:27:02 PM
Jobber8742 (185)
(Jeff Kilgard) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: xtremegamer

Nice to see pics. Crazy collection! I've been buying most everything released on Xbox One, but I actually open the games and play them. Sitting around 55 games now.

Who has that kind of time? 

Picked up 3 new games this past weekend to keep me complete. I was going to wait on the standard MP10, but changed my mind. The Skylanders Trap Team variant just came out. From what I've seen, it is a Toys R Us exclusive. It's on sale for $40 through tomorrow (3/28) if anyone is looking for one.

"I'm not a nerd, I'm a video game enthusiast"

Edited: 03/27/2015 at 01:27 PM by Jobber8742

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:59:08 PM
smeagolsama (211)
(Bronner's Army) < El Ripper >
Missouri
2 words jobber, corn lobby

Mar 29, 2015 at 6:33:36 AM
DeuceGamer (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky

I'm starting to close in. Probably less than 30 games now and most are shovelware I refuse to pay more than $15-$20 for. Although, there seems to be a couple games that I never see around however they're still pretty cheap on eBay. Mainly the fitness, skylanders, and kid games I have to track down now.

I don't think this will be too bad to collect for down the road. There will be a couple games that are going to be a little bit pricey but even if some of the garbage games have low print runs no one wants them but collectors. There are plenty of uncommon games on NES, SNES, and 64 that don't sell for that much even though they are 'rare'.

The fact that price charting is listing Lego and Spiderman as rare is a joke. Most likely just a script and it's non representative since the games aren't that old. I just got a second copy of Tank from eBay a couple weeks ago for $25 in an auction. People just need to chill instead of dumping money into a BIN auction.

Curious if we are looking at similar holes in our collection. There are certain games that seem like they should have dropped by now and I refuse to overpay just to have a complete collection.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:42:43 PM
demanufacturedmario (86)
(A J) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Out of curiosity, are you collecting the console boxed variants? Probably too much money to throw at...

Edited: 04/08/2015 at 04:42 PM by demanufacturedmario

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:21:03 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Beast!

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:19:47 PM
Shmohawk (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Little Mac >
Psst. It would probably be cheaper to build this collection in two-five years. Nearly all of these games will drop dramatically below their initial retail price.

Club Nintendo digital games for sale. Cheap! Make offers: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:24:13 AM
Jobber8742 (185)
(Jeff Kilgard) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Shmohawk

Psst. It would probably be cheaper to build this collection in two-five years. Nearly all of these games will drop dramatically below their initial retail price.

Not sealed. And I don't buy any of them at retail price anyhow. I average <$20 on third party games and probably $40-$45 on first party.

No, I don't do the consoles. They're too expensive to have more than one.

"I'm not a nerd, I'm a video game enthusiast"

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:54:45 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Originally posted by: Jobber8742

Not sealed. And I don't buy any of them at retail price anyhow. I average <$20 on third party games and probably $40-$45 on first party.

Yeah, I've picked up almost ALL 3rd party titles for $9.99-19.99, most of which were new. A lot of games are actually getting more expensive for the WiiU instead of cheaper (Game & Wario, Sports Club, and Pikmin just to name a few).
Definitely not a bad time to be snatching up games. You would probably have an easier time in a couple years buying used, but I'd imagine as some games get easier to find other will become harder. I'm at about 85 titles now.

Edited: 04/09/2015 at 07:55 AM by Andy_Bogomil

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:02:14 AM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
Never occurred to me to collect WiiU. Looks pretty cool all together.

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:35:05 PM
lotz-o-boxes (81)
(Peter Kuhlman) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Awesome. Looks like the NA database needs some updating!

Interest check for a Chicago NA gathering! http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:50:58 PM
DeuceGamer (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky

Yep. I've picked up most 3rd Parties under $15.

I also think an argument could be made that times have changed with digital distribution. Especially on struggling platforms and Nintendo Platforms. Platforms like Wii U, 3DS, and Vita that offer robust digital distribution are typically receiving smaller print runs than the last few generations. Some sales are digital and Publishers prefer not to overproduce titles when the titles will remain available on the eShop if games are no longer available on retail shelves.

I'm not saying for certain it will be more difficult in the future, but I think it will be a bit different than in previous generations. If you are smart and patient you can get most titles when places are clearing them out. I feel pretty good about what I have in my Wii U collection and I'm confident that I've maximized the value both for now and in the future after the Wii U is no longer supported. 

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:52:32 AM
SamusXAran (2)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Samus Aran) < Crack Trooper >
Virginia
Be careful collecting sealed WiiU titles.

Why? Because they can easily be resealed to look factory new. These are "dvd" cellophane sealed games...

Just a thought...

May 8, 2015 at 12:10:25 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Looks like there is a new Splatoon console bundle.

May 9, 2015 at 6:22:35 AM
DeuceGamer (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky

I saw that. You referring to the one at Best Buy? Not going for systems but really do like the box art on it.

I also saw mighty no 9 will have a physical Wii U release for anyone tracking that.

May 9, 2015 at 7:55:11 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
http://i.imgur.com/mjSK5Ydl.png...
http://i.imgur.com/uIzMtJwl.png...

This is Nintendo's product and software lineup for the coming year.

May 9, 2015 at 11:15:39 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Originally posted by: DeuceGamer

I saw that. You referring to the one at Best Buy? Not going for systems but really do like the box art on it.

I also saw mighty no 9 will have a physical Wii U release for anyone tracking that.

The splatoon box art looks great, and the game inside wi not be physical it will be digital download by the looks of it. Looking forward to a physical copy of mighty no. 9, I really hope that game is awesome

Currently looking for:

May 9, 2015 at 4:30:33 PM
DeuceGamer (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky

Originally posted by: DeuceGamer

I saw that. You referring to the one at Best Buy? Not going for systems but really do like the box art on it. I also saw mighty no 9 will have a physical Wii U release for anyone tracking that.

The splatoon box art looks great, and the game inside wi not be physical it will be digital download by the looks of it. Looking forward to a physical copy of mighty no. 9, I really hope that game is awesome

Yea, glad Mighty No. 9 is getting a physical release. I don't buy many digital games at all so this is gives me the perfect reason to buy it now

May 9, 2015 at 5:58:59 PM
Kendama2016 (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United Kingdom
Well damn son congrats. (not really my son =P)

May 9, 2015 at 7:58:58 PM
Abstract3000 (2)
< Meka Chicken >
Oregon

Nice Collection, that's good to hear your finding the 3rd party titles so low.