Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The NES Controller Overlay Project Hi-Res Scans

Jul 8, 2011 at 10:14:00 PM
scotthemelstrand (0)
(Scott Hemelstrand) < Cherub >
Nebraska
Does anyone know what dimensions these stickers need to be? im thinking about photoshopping up the spiky haired sticker (I'm a big AVGN fan) and ordering some high quality vinyl stickers and i don't want to have them come and be too small or big. i can't get my hands on an official nes conntroller right now, but i'll be picking some up soon.

-------------------------
Check out my youtube channel! No videos posted as of yet, but some coming in the near future!

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:32:02 AM
Starwarts (0)

(Gabriel Nelsson Vedung) < Cherub >
Minnesota
just say a good Nes or sNES game and ill make a overlay sticker. Oh and tell me the Controller that you want me to do a overlay for.

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:44:23 AM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: scotthemelstrand

Does anyone know what dimensions these stickers need to be? im thinking about photoshopping up the spiky haired sticker (I'm a big AVGN fan) and ordering some high quality vinyl stickers and i don't want to have them come and be too small or big. i can't get my hands on an official nes conntroller right now, but i'll be picking some up soon.

I don't know the exact dimensions, I haven't actually printed any of these yet. Maybe somebody with a ruler and a controller could measure the dimensions of a faceplate for us.

Originally posted by: Starwarts

just say a good Nes or sNES game and ill make a overlay sticker. Oh and tell me the Controller that you want me to do a overlay for.

You can actually post the overlays you make in this other thread, it's specifically for custom user-made overlays:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

This thread is more for scans of retro overlays that existed back in the 80s and 90s.

Edit: Are the scans missing from the first post for anyone else? I can't see them for some reason, and some text from the post appears to be missing too.

Edited: 07/12/2011 at 04:51 AM by AllYourBass

Aug 28, 2011 at 6:41:43 AM
bentrimbey (0)

(Ben Rimbey) < Cherub >
Alberta
Hi, I would LOVE to buy one of the spiky haired dude's overlays and they aren't anywhere on ebay (right now) so, I am willing to buy them from anyone as long as they are authentic and not repro's. PM me if you have an offer. Thanks - Ben

Aug 7, 2012 at 7:04:28 PM
Spottedfeather (0)

(Matt Stilwell) < Tourian Tourist >
Missouri
Originally posted by: AllYourBass

Alright, my friends! As promised, Hi-Res scans of the elusive controller overlays!

These are the two small changes I made to ensure these aren't sold as originals:
1. The word "Power" on the Blue sticker has been changed to "Repro".
2. The triangles have been removed from the Purple sticker.

Click the image to see the full-sized version. Enjoy!!!

I don't suppose that you could put up a scan of the spiky haired guy that says Power instead of Repro ? I can't find this particular sticker anywhere else.

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:39:10 AM
Madmax (10)
(Mad Max) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
I have a couple of friends who actually work at Nintendo, I will see if I can find out more info on where these stickers came from. Someone there has got to know!

Looking for NES and SNES games

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:40:42 AM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
holy necrobump batman

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:42:31 AM
JoeC75 (2)
(Joe Cacciatore) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Hampshire
Bumping for samhain

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:50:36 AM
Danimal Collective (50)
(Dan imal) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
I used all my contacts that I knew when I was in the marketing biz, but I just could not find a place that does custom stickers like ones I'd need for overlays. You'd have to print them on vinyl (that would wear the least, at least I would think so) and cut them with an X-acto knife yourself. The only problem is the cost (due to ink  colors, materials, and size). I could not find a place that would give me what I wanted at an affordable price. Anywho, I think maybe somebody could help us... please? I'd love to see these on a controller one day.

I have so many more designs too... I wish I could find a way to get these to people.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:00:14 PM
SomewhatEvil (16)

< Crack Trooper >
Washington
Is this project dead? I'm curious because I just picked up a controller with the blue spikey haired guy on it. I actually almost passed on it, but the fact the sales rep mentioned it was a Nintendo Power sticker sold me. While the front of the controller is a bit yellowed, the sticker seems to be in good condition. I could disassemble the controller if I can track down a scanner on my college campus.

edit: I just noticed that's supposedly this one had been scanned even though the file is no longer hosted. If I had noticed originally when I was trying to read this thread on my phone on a greyhound bus, I wouldn't have posted. Sorry. Though it'd be cool if the files could be reuploaded.

Edited: 01/13/2013 at 10:23 PM by SomewhatEvil