NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew SaturdayMan Demo available

Apr 07 at 5:59:24 AM
Broke Studio (1)
< Crack Trooper >
France
Hi everyone !

I know that there's already a topic on this forum about this game, SaturdayMan, but I wanted to post fresh news in a fresh topic.
First I want to say that I'm in no way part of this project. I may help them at some point on the cartridge production but even that is not 100% sure for now.

That being said, they released the first demo of the game this week, and you can download the ROM here : http://saturdayman.be/ (middle column, click on "Téléchargez la ROM DEMO ici").
Note that your emulator must be configured in PAL mode (should be automatic when loading the ROM though).

Soundtrack is available here : https://soundcloud.com/mister-dce/sets/saturdayman-nes-game

There's still no release date available for now, but the game is still in active development. So as for a lot of other homebrew projects, be patient (easier said than done I know). I know that Denis, the coder, is putting a lot of effort into this one.

Please don't ask me questions about the release date, the crowdfunding campaign and so on, because I won't have answers  
But feel free to tell me what are your thoughts about the game, gameplay etc !

Have fun  

Edited: 04/07/2019 at 06:05 AM by Broke Studio

Apr 07 at 7:47:00 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
This is awesome to hear, thanks for posting! I was thinking about this project a week or two ago and figured that it was going ot have to be one of those that I just wrote off as a loss, so it is doubly great to hear that that is not the case.

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Apr 07 at 1:29:59 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: Broke Studio

Please don't ask me questions about the release date, the crowdfunding campaign and so on, because I won't have answers  
But feel free to tell me what are your thoughts about the game, gameplay etc !

Have fun  

Really fun demo! Things have a very Mega Man vibe to it but with a slower pace. I like how you move up and down with the graphical plane as well which offers up some fun level design choices. The jumping requires precision which is appreciated, as things aren't too easy nor too hard.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Apr 07 at 5:09:54 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Lol, I literally used this game of an example of me putting down money just in case this weekend. I believed!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Apr 07 at 5:51:33 PM
TylerBarnes (0)
(Tyler Barnes) < Little Mac >
Texas
Soundtrack is amazing. <3

Apr 07 at 7:07:48 PM
Scrobins09 (8)
(Sean ) < Eggplant Wizard >
District of Columbia
I've been eager for news on this one. I messaged them on Facebook and they said they'd add me to their order list when the time came. 🤞

Apr 07 at 7:28:45 PM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
So I might actually get this after all? Nice! Would be cool if they would give a little bit of an update

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Apr 09 at 4:42:47 PM
Metal_Mantis (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
The perspective is cool. Having the platforms at different depths like that is tricky

Apr 12 at 9:56:26 AM
RetroNES software (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Spain
Guay!

Edited: 04/12/2019 at 09:56 AM by RetroNES software

Apr 12 at 7:16:39 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Huh... it might actually release, -and- not be a Mega Man hack?! ZOINKS!

Apr 17 at 12:10:46 PM
WaverBoy (1)

(Jeff Nelson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
First I've heard of this game; it looks absolutely fantastic! I hope the finished ROM will eventually be made available for purchase!

Apr 17 at 4:02:13 PM
DarkKobold (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Utah
I actually ordered this, and figured my money was lost!

Guess potentially not?