Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Bart's Nightmare Prototype, SNES MusiCart

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:33:34 AM
Doommaster1994 (1)
(Nick K.) < Little Mac >
Washington
Hello, everyone. This is my first post here so I apologize if I did anything wrong.
I thought I'd share with you some cool stuff I picked up a couple years ago. A game designer (I will not mention his name) was cleaning out his garage and told me he found a bunch of development hardware for Nintendo and Sega (mostly Nintendo). I jokingly asked if I could have it since I didn't think he'd say yes, but to my susprise, he said yes! Along with the development hardware were a couple SNES prototype carts; One was for Bart's Nightmare and the other was called SNES MusiCart by Chip Level Designs. I just thought people might be interested. For proof, I will upload pictures of these cartridges. Unfortunately, the MusiCart no longer works, but the Bart's Nightmare game plays just fine last time I tried it.

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:39:35 AM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Awesome! Want to make bank with your investment on Bart? I will gladly pay you 100x what you paid...plus shipping

My (unoriginal) kidding aside, heck of a first post. Welcome, and I look forward to the pictures.

-------------------------
Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:45:17 AM
Doommaster1994 (1)
(Nick K.) < Little Mac >
Washington
I actually paid $20 for everything! It was a great deal. I'm not sure if you were joking about buying the game(s) but at this time, I'm not interested. The good news for everyone is that I am interested in getting the cart dumped so everyone can play it. The problem is I'm very paranoid and want to do it locally. I'm uploading the pictures now, but I had to send them separately, so check back within a few minutes. I do have an old video I made on YouTube about the Bart's Nightmare prototype. As far as I know, there's not a whole lot different except for a screen you get that wasn't in the final release.

Edit: Okay, I'm not really sure how to upload photos on here, so instead, I'll post a YouTube link to the video:

Edited: 06/17/2013 at 03:48 AM by Doommaster1994

Jun 17, 2013 at 1:16:58 PM
marvelus10 (46)

( . ) Boobies ( . ) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Here this guy may be able to help with info on the Music cart. http://www.nintendo-town.fr/mod2/...

Jun 17, 2013 at 1:29:22 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
"I jokingly asked if I could have it since I didn't think he'd say yes, but to my susprise, he said yes!"

yep, I was joking I thought you got it free...lol. Sorry for my late night sense of humor.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:46:56 PM
Doommaster1994 (1)
(Nick K.) < Little Mac >
Washington
@marvelus10 - Thanks for the link! The 2nd to 7th pictures are actually mine in that link. I also got a floppy disk for the MusiCart which I was able to get the data off of them. The developer gave me disks for the music software and some development software. Some of it I was able to get and the others I couldn't. Probably because they were MS-DOS or Macintosh disks.
@coffeewithmrsaturn - Ah, okay. lol

Edited: 06/17/2013 at 06:54 PM by Doommaster1994