Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

AUCTION HAS ENDED!!! Super Bat Puncher *Special* Demo Release #17, 18 &19 of 20 All proceeds donated to NA & NES.DEV - Rare Debug Room in Demo

LOCKED TOPIC

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:13:16 AM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California

READ THE AD IN ITS ENTIRETY - TOP 3 BIDS WILL WIN ONE DEMO CART EACH

So the secret is now out.  There were 20 rare demo carts released for those that worked on Super Bat Puncher.  There is also a special deviant art created for the game on one side of the instruction sheet and a full listing of instructions and how to access the rare debug room.

The debug room was NOT in the free demo rom release and is ONLY available on this demo cart.  This will allow the player to have special access to things such as the jet pack not available in the regular demo.

These are very rare and ALL of the profits are going to Nintendo Age and NES.DEV being split equally.  This is at the discretion and direction of Miau, creator of Super Bat Puncher.  He is very graciously giving up his profit in the game to Nintendo Age and NES.DEV so I wanted to make sure he gets the credit for all of his generosity.

The bidding will start at $25 and bidding incriments will be $1 or more each.  Bidding has to be at least a $1 more than the lowest of the three bids currently otherwise it will not count.

The Shipping will be $5 for USA and Canada and $10 for Europe and/or elsewhere.

Bidding will end on Saturday 9/3/2011 @ 9pm NA time.  Anyone who gets their bid in at 9:00:01 will miss out, sorry.

This auction is for one of three demo carts:  #17, 18 & 19

***UPDATE***  I just spoke with the other Beta Testers and we decided to do a "Dutch Auction".  What this means is we have a total of 5 Demo Carts left, #15-19.  We are going to auction off three of them on here #17, 18 & 19 to the top three final bids.  The other two carts will be sold on the Sweden forum at the request of some of the Beta Testers.  Just so you guys know, half the beta testers are in Europe and Sweden.

***UPDATE 9-2-2011***  From now on, the bid has to be at least $1 more than the lowest bid and at least a $1 difference from either of the top two bids.  That means that if the top three bids become 132, 131 & 130, the next bid HAS to be 133.  The purpose of this is to prevent a stalemate in the end for third place.  If there is already a bid for third place that pops in last minute and your bid is not $1 or more than that, it doesn't count.  The ONE exception to this rule is if we end of with a three way tie for first place, or a tie for first or second place in which there is a clear top 3 winners of the carts.  In the event that there is a tie or a bid within a $1 of the third place position, the last bid for that position will not count.

WINNERS are:

acomicbookguyc = $195 - took cart #17
Jon Solo = $190 - took cart #18 - PAID
jdheins = $177 - gets cart #19

The profits are $487 so half ($243.50) will go to NA upon receipt of all payments and the other half ($243.50) will go to NES.DEV.  Thanks for the awesome bidding guys and we have successfully raised over 200 for NA and NES.DEV each!!!

-------------------------

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 09/03/2011 at 10:00 PM by gwyndion

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:26:50 AM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
I'm starting this one at $50

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:29:18 AM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
$65

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:48:39 AM
zanwhitevan (9)
(john d) < Crack Trooper >
Florida

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:00:16 AM
Bludevl (80)

(Steve H.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Minnesota

Here is my FS/FT/FO thread! Please check it out.  

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:02:14 AM
zanwhitevan (9)
Florida
is this just one copy or all of em

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:11:52 AM
gwyndion (322)
California
Originally posted by: zanwhitevan

This is just one copy, #19 of 20

It comes with cart, black dust sleeve and Instruction sheet/deviant art

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:41:41 AM
acomicbookguyc (350)
California
Originally posted by: gwyndion

Quick questions.

1. Who did the art?
  2. Who made the carts?
  3. Did you take these pictures
  4. Did you work on Bat Puncher?
  5. How did you get this info?

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:07:13 AM
gwyndion (322)
California
Originally posted by: acomicbookguyc

Quick questions.

1. Who did the art?
  2. Who made the carts?

1)  The label for the demo cart was done by Miau himself.  The deviant art was done by an artist who is the girlfriend of a friend of mine.  The instruction sheet was designed and put together by yours truly.
2)  The carts were made as a special order from Joe at TheNESDump.com.  He goes by coinheaven on Nintendo Age.
3)  I took the top picture showing the items before I packaged and sent most of them out.  The second picture is one taken by one of the cart owners and beta testers after he received his.  I will try to add a couple more photos tomorrow if possible.
4)  I am a beta tester for Super Bat Puncher.  Check the name "James Rukstalis" on the credits screen, thats me!
5)  I do not know what you mean by "this info".

The team that worked on the project (Beta testers, etc.) were talking about the possibility of a demo cart. I had a discussion with Miau and we decided to do a demo release of 20 carts to be sold to beta testers and those involved in the project.  After all of the testers received their carts, we had 5 left over.  Miau decided that he wanted any profits from the cart sales to go directly to Nintendo Age and NES.DEV split equally.

I purchased the carts and I did all of the photoshop work and effort involved in the instruction sheet.  I did the printing myself and am handling the packaging and shipping of all the carts.  I did this from the goodness of my heart and I'm not receiving any compensation for it.  I am auctioning off one of the extra carts on Nintendo Age and donating the profits as promised so just consider me a facilitator.

These carts are rare and will only go up in value after the game is released.  These carts also have exclusive content just for the beta testing team which is being offered to anyone who is lucky enough to win one or buy one off of an existing beta tester.  I will not disclose any of the names or information of beta testers.

Please let me know if there are any other questions anyone has and I will be happy to answer them.  I'm sorry for any confusion in this auction and good luck!

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:41:53 AM
acomicbookguyc (350)
California

Originally posted by: acomicbookguyc

Quick questions.

1. Who did the art?
  2. Who made the carts?

1)  The label for the demo cart was done by Miau himself.  The deviant art was done by an artist who is the girlfriend of a friend of mine.  The instruction sheet was designed and put together by yours truly.
2)  The carts were made as a special order from Joe at TheNESDump.com.  He goes by coinheaven on Nintendo Age.
3)  I took the top picture showing the items before I packaged and sent most of them out.  The second picture is one taken by one of the cart owners and beta testers after he received his.  I will try to add a couple more photos tomorrow if possible.
4)  I am a beta tester for Super Bat Puncher.  Check the name "James Rukstalis" on the credits screen, thats me!
5)  I do not know what you mean by "this info".

The team that worked on the project (Beta testers, etc.) were talking about the possibility of a demo cart. I had a discussion with Miau and we decided to do a demo release of 20 carts to be sold to beta testers and those involved in the project.  After all of the testers received their carts, we had 5 left over.  Miau decided that he wanted any profits from the cart sales to go directly to Nintendo Age and NES.DEV split equally.

I purchased the carts and I did all of the photoshop work and effort involved in the instruction sheet.  I did the printing myself and am handling the packaging and shipping of all the carts.  I did this from the goodness of my heart and I'm not receiving any compensation for it.  I am auctioning off one of the extra carts on Nintendo Age and donating the profits as promised so just consider me a facilitator.

These carts are rare and will only go up in value after the game is released.  These carts also have exclusive content just for the beta testing team which is being offered to anyone who is lucky enough to win one or buy one off of an existing beta tester.  I will not disclose any of the names or information of beta testers.

Please let me know if there are any other questions anyone has and I will be happy to answer them.  I'm sorry for any confusion in this auction and good luck!

You the man James! I'll be watching this one. 

Edited: 08/30/2011 at 02:42 AM by acomicbookguyc

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:52:10 AM
gumgum14 (3)

(Ben S) < Eggplant Wizard >
New South Wales
wait so is this a homebrew game?

Aug 30, 2011 at 4:12:45 AM
Kells (20)
(Kelly Espino) < Eggplant Wizard >
California

Aug 30, 2011 at 9:13:25 AM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:01:35 AM
Secksies (48)
(Lewis Inc.) < Meka Chicken >
Quebec
Phew, already too high for me.
I don't know why repro's are going for that much.

Save a tree, Eat a Vegetarian

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:31:42 AM
rogerxy (2)
(Roger XY) < Tourian Tourist >
Sweden
Supply and demand?

nesdb.se

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:49:11 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Secksies

Phew, already too high for me.
I don't know why repro's are going for that much.

Don't confuse "reproductions" with actual "homebrew development".

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:11:15 AM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
RARE!!!!

^^free bump^^

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:25:52 AM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
man, I'd love to have that, major props to Miau and everyone associated with this game. Can't wait for the full release!

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:23:49 PM
zanwhitevan (9)
Florida

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:30:05 PM
Kells (20)
California

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:36:54 PM
Kells (20)
California
Guess I should of read the update

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:34:27 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Wow... I can't believe how high this got in such a short time! You guys will NOT be disappointed with this one bit. It is fa fa fa FANTASTIC. Free bump for this rare lil gem.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:40:22 PM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: Kells

Yea, it was a big enough change that it probably should have been restarted.

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:43:22 PM
zanwhitevan (9)
Florida
Originally posted by: WhatULive4

Originally posted by: Kells

Yea, it was a big enough change that it probably should have been restarted.
i agree

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:32:05 AM
gwyndion (322)
California
Ok, I just got the messages and I agree that due to some confusion I will clear out all of the bids and start over. Please read the auction in its entirety and the top three bids will receive one of the three demo carts.