Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NES M9 Display Unit

Jan 8, 2011 at 3:39:15 PM
dover2011 (0)

(Ben Young) < Cherub >
North Carolina

Just wanted to see if anyone might be interested in this M9 display unit, I've had this since 1987, stored in my Mom's basement and decided it was time to let it go. I haven't listed it on ebay yet. It's not a complete display and there is some damage -anyway here are this pics if someone wants to take a look and let me know if you interested

[

Jan 8, 2011 at 3:50:08 PM
ThatNintendoGuy (47)
(Jason B) < El Ripper >
Michigan
Originally posted by: dover2011

Just wanted to see if anyone might be interested in this M9 display unit, I've had this since 1987, stored in my Mom's basement and decided it was time to let it go. I haven't listed it on ebay yet. It's not a complete display and there is some damage -anyway here are this pics if someone wants to take a look and let me know if you interested

Cool Stuff man I wish I had the room for it Id totally send u an offer

-------------------------

Jan 8, 2011 at 5:07:18 PM
dover2011 (0)

(Ben Young) < Cherub >
North Carolina

Since I have no clue, what do you all think I should ask for this?

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:10:02 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
you say it's not complete what's missing and what's damaged, both could effect the value greatly.

The last one sold for over 3K but it contained the outer box and looked very minty.

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:44:46 PM
dover2011 (0)

(Ben Young) < Cherub >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Paul

you say it's not complete what's missing and what's damaged, both could effect the value greatly.

The last one sold for over 3K but it contained the outer box and looked very minty.

It's missing the controllers and the gun, the backer cardboard has been removed and it's crumpled on the bottom, maybe it had a solid piece on the back at one time? it doesn't now, acrylic case is cracked about 2 inches at the back/top corner area on one side. everything else is good to great condition. the pic of it is 2 posts above

Edited: 01/08/2011 at 08:45 PM by dover2011

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:40:07 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Are the black circles near the controllers/gun holes or something else for display? My M9 also has a section for a light on top but I don't know if that was part of this versions design. I am going to put a guess at $400 max for value as is.

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:06:22 AM
dover2011 (0)

(Ben Young) < Cherub >
North Carolina
I'm assuming that the holes were for the cords for the controller and gun. The gun area still has the cord in it, but it was cut off, before I got the display out of the store in the 80's

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:07:44 AM
dantendo (27)
(Judge Dredd) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I have the same display and was wondering how much it was worth as well. I believe this was an earlier version to the m9 sold on ebay as there are several short comings. There is no light, plastic base instead of sheet metal and I believe these carts are 5 screw variants? I have to check mine when I get home. What ever the case, I am excited to see how much this pulls on the bay. I havn't had the desire to get rid of mine yet but havnt a clue to its value. My version has similar wear to the cardboard rear and plastic lid but is complete. I can get pictures up here in a few weeks. Considering the fact that this is older and possibly rarer than the ones that went for $3500 to $4200, I believe $400 is way short on the value for this.

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:31:21 PM
dover2011 (0)

(Ben Young) < Cherub >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: dantendo

I have the same display and was wondering how much it was worth as well. I believe this was an earlier version to the m9 sold on ebay as there are several short comings. There is no light, plastic base instead of sheet metal and I believe these carts are 5 screw variants? I have to check mine when I get home. What ever the case, I am excited to see how much this pulls on the bay. I havn't had the desire to get rid of mine yet but havnt a clue to its value. My version has similar wear to the cardboard rear and plastic lid but is complete. I can get pictures up here in a few weeks. Considering the fact that this is older and possibly rarer than the ones that went for $3500 to $4200, I believe $400 is way short on the value for this.

You're right I didn't think about it but the base is plastic, it's not the sheet metal bottom and I can't find a pic anywhere on the net that matches the looks of this one. Does yours have the Gyromite and duck hunt game? The games are 5 screw variants--now to figure out what this thing is...

Jan 9, 2011 at 2:18:38 PM
bunnyboy (81)
California
The $4k ones have the box plus all styrofoam (more than half the vale), all the parts, and were in very good to mint condition. $400 might be low but anywhere near the others would be unrealistic. One without damage would be in the 1.5-2k range.

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:42:57 PM
dantendo (27)
(Judge Dredd) < Meka Chicken >
United States
From what I could find from just analysis on parts and the marketing with each year, I believe this is the 1985 version while the ebay ones were the 1987 versions. I say that because I own a marketing guide from 87-88 and it talks about the display (1987 version) and coupled with the fact that it has 5 screw variant carts etc. This makes sense as it doesn't have the quality because in 85 nintendo was a small spec on the electronic map... flat out didnt have the marketing money.

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:01:11 AM
bunnyboy (81)
California
Those version dates could still be correct, but the unit originally pictured in this thread also has 5 screw carts. The USA roll out budget was $50 million so they certainly had the money. Even the initial NES products were high quality (look at cart plastics precision) because they already had a few years experience building the Famicom, and much longer building other TV games.