Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

So Felix The Cat (NES) is legitimately awesome....

Sep 13 at 8:42:25 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I had still incredibly not played this game once in my life until tonight at a friends. Pretty blown away with the tranformations, bright graphics, changing landscapes, animations, and almost total lack of flicker on the NES. It almsot seems impossible the game is running on the system. I've always heard people say good things about this game, but I never realized this game actually has much better graphics and animation than Mario 3 does

Sep 13 at 8:56:54 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
And also incredibly easy.

This, wacky races, kid klown, all incredibly easy but really enjoyable.

-------------------------

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 09/13/2019 at 09:02 PM by quest4nes

Sep 13 at 9:03:29 PM
Indo (4)
(Chris ) < Crack Trooper >
New Jersey
I really like Felix, I wish it had more of a challenge though.

Deadeye.bit        Twitter       Instagram

Sep 13 at 11:18:47 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Yeah, Felix you can get way powered up and bulldoze through the game.

I like Rockin Kats, too. It's mostly easy, except for the final final stage. That one is legit hard.

Edited: 09/13/2019 at 11:27 PM by Tulpa

Sep 13 at 11:40:03 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Its a kids game haha. My theory is after the SNES came out in 91, all the NES games (except maybe Contra Force? Excluding Koei too) were all aimed for kids, whether in cutesy design, easy gameplay or both. Where the SNES was for your cooler older brother.

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 13 at 11:47:27 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: guitarzombie

Its a kids game haha. My theory is after the SNES came out in 91, all the NES games (except maybe Contra Force? Excluding Koei too) were all aimed for kids, whether in cutesy design, easy gameplay or both. Where the SNES was for your cooler older brother.

Shatterhand came out in late 1991. Kick Master came out in 1992. Of course both are quite pricey now.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Sep 14 at 3:34:27 AM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
This was the first game I bought from Funcoland as a wee lad, always has maintained a special place in my heart

May the force be with you.

Sep 14 at 5:23:08 AM
Svankmajer (0)
< Meka Chicken >
When you beat a game on your first playthrough of it you know its probably too easy, but yes, beyond that its a pretty cool game. Its not that its not a challenge at all, it has some mildly tricky spots.. but I think its just way too generous with extra lives perhaps. If I recall correctly I just quickly had more extra lives than I could ever use.

Sep 14 at 9:53:47 AM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Originally posted by: mbd39

Shatterhand came out in late 1991. Kick Master came out in 1992. Of course both are quite pricey now.

You are right.  Add it too the list!  I actually took a quick look at my own spreadsheet I made and there are plenty more 'older kid' games in there than I remembered.  But my point still stands  .

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.

Sep 14 at 7:19:15 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Pretty fun but the easy factor definitely takes away from it. Panic Restaurant is kinda the same. Fun to play but really short and quite easy. Had a pretty easy time letting go of that one if you weigh the cost of the game against the actual gameplay itself.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Sep 14 at 10:45:31 PM
Kid Dracula (92)
(AP ) < Lolo Lord >
Nova Scotia
It is a very fun game. Although, I've never had the urge to revisit it due to its complete lack of challenge.

Sep 14 at 10:47:03 PM
Kid Dracula (92)
(AP ) < Lolo Lord >
Nova Scotia
That being said I do really enjoy the gameplay and style of panic restaurant haha. I've revisited that multiple times over the years. I actually think there are a couple tricky parts!

Sep 15 at 12:00:11 AM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
It's a high quality game, but there just isn't enough challenges or surprises to keep me interested all the way through.

Sep 15 at 8:43:57 AM
85collector (49)
< Meka Chicken >
Virginia
Never played, just looked it up lol. It is gorgeous for a NES game. Reminds me of some of those old DOS games on the PC, Xargon in particular (if anyone knows what *that* is.)

My FS thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...

Edited: 09/15/2019 at 08:44 AM by 85collector

Sep 15 at 10:38:25 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
HHHHYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEP!

Tried to buy this game years ago... still on the radar.

I'm now interested to see just how damn easy this game is. Sounds like a cake walk.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Sep 15 at 11:24:45 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: AirVillain

HHHHYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEP!

I'm now interested to see just how damn easy this game is. Sounds like a cake walk.

It can be a little bit tricky at times, especially the space ship level, but the game being so generous with power ups and 1ups undermines any difficulty that it has.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Sep 15 at 11:37:49 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: mbd39

It can be a little bit tricky at times, especially the space ship level, but the game being so generous with power ups and 1ups undermines any difficulty that it has.

Ah yes... generous power-ups and 1-ups... classic way to give the kids a chance. 

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Sep 15 at 11:47:03 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
The last level is tough, and theres one boss, I think the under water one, thats really tough without power ups, but otherwise a very fun game despite being easy. Also has an amazing soundtrack

SW-6786-5095-2210

Sep 15 at 4:22:32 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: 85collector

Never played, just looked it up lol. It is gorgeous for a NES game. Reminds me of some of those old DOS games on the PC, Xargon in particular (if anyone knows what *that* is.)
Hell yeah I played Xargon! And Jill of the Jungle

Sep 16 at 9:20:30 AM
Strikezone1 (1)
(Steve ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Pretty fun game, and I agree the graphics & animation are top notch.

Like many have pointed out already, the biggest drawback to this game is the lack of difficulty. I found trying to no-death this game to actually be a pretty good challenge, mainly due to stage 8-1 where you're flying the spaceship. It's easy to lose a couple lives here. Enemies appear fast, and even more so than that is making sure to keep you're meter from running out, causing death. It runs out pretty quickly.. gotta make sure to pick up the milks & heart containers.

Edited: 09/16/2019 at 09:30 AM by Strikezone1

Sep 18 at 7:53:42 AM
ruudos (1)
(Rad Gravity) < Meka Chicken >
Netherlands
Originally posted by: AirVillain

HHHHYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEP!

I beat it on the first try and had about 20 lives left (and the game still offers continues next to that).

Sep 18 at 8:55:30 AM
noiseredux (26)
(brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
How does the GB version hold up?

Sep 19 at 12:02:18 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Originally posted by: noiseredux

There are a few games that are just 'mini' ports of their NES counterparts.  This is one of them.  Its pretty darn good.  Makes more sense as a GB game than a NES game personally.

Sep 19 at 12:15:48 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina

Originally posted by: noiseredux

There are a few games that are just 'mini' ports of their NES counterparts.  This is one of them.  Its pretty darn good.  Makes more sense as a GB game than a NES game personally.

I can't vouch for this game (though it's on my short list because I've heard good words about it since I started collecting GB games) but as many have said DuckTales is great.  It really is the NES version on a mini, green screen.  In fact, because that's the version I had a kid, it's the version I prefer.  I know there are other games like this too, so as long as this is a legit port of the NES copy, it's probably just a good, just... piss green.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Sep 19 at 1:59:28 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Off the top of my head, Ducktales, Ducktales 2, Waynes World, Felix The Cat and Cliffhanger are all 'mini' NES ports of those. If i had the GB list in front of me I could add more but IIRC most of those games are gonna be from 91/2 on.