Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Great Find - Ruined by Fat Blabbermouth If it would've done any damage, I'd have punched him

LOCKED TOPIC

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:31:48 PM
Retrogradio (0)
(Al Gritzmacher) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: rokubungi

on a deal this good I'll throw in a few junk titles as camouflage. .

This exactly.   If you cherry pick like that, people may look things up.  The internet is everywhere, dude...

Well...yeah. I've camouflaged a deal with crap purchases before, so I honestly don't know why I didn't try that time. I did get the backstory on the game bin, that the store owner had practically been begged by the owner of a closing flea market to take them dirt cheap. The store owner said he normally didn't peddle in anything older than the N64, but it was such a good deal, he figured he could make at least double his investment. (At $3 apiece, I got the feeling he was getting triple or more.) I got the impression he just wanted to move the things and regain the floor space, so I didn't think about trying to conceal anything. After all, the price was openly marked. Who'd expect some jerk to interfere?

-------------------------

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:55:37 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Although even stranger is why the other dude hadn't already rummaged through the bin himself.

If I saw something like that in a store, I'd look through it even if someone else already was.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:49:10 PM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I would've probably decked that guy right in his mouth, then glady payed $40 each for the games.

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Feb 2, 2011 at 6:26:53 PM
jimpoleshuk (279)
(Jim Poleshuk) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
you should post this in the loosers weepers thread

www.videogameboxprotectors.com

Feb 2, 2011 at 6:31:25 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia

Guess im glad something like that has never happened to me. I dont play well with others

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:38:02 PM
GameBoyGeek (48)
(Matthew Ham) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

That's a lot of pent up rage for a two year old story! Sorry about your luck though, that sucks.

I don't blame the guy. I'm still mad about the 5.00 flintstones surprise at dino peak story I have in one of my threads. Honestly People like this guy is talking about piss me off to no end. My honest reaction would have been to turn to him and take my fist and pop his fat ass in the sack THEN walk out. At the point he was at the manager was being a D-bag and the fat guy was being a prick so you really aren't loosing anything by not being able to go back in that store again.

Edited: 02/03/2011 at 05:36 PM by GameBoyGeek

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:50:13 PM
Mr.Nintendo (383)
(el- rocko) < King Solomon >
Alaska
i still can't believe that, i woulda just said i'm getting these and put the $6 on the counter, wouldn't even give him a chance to get them out of my hand . then when they start shit, you just walk out, and let them call the cops. LOL

Gameboy Pirates "IS" My Thing

DONATE ALL SMB/DH CARTS TO PMA

DONATE ALL JURASSIC PARK CARTS TO KEVBOT  NOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:02:55 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Yeah I mean legally speaking the fatass could try and get you for assault at best. The store clearly has a posted sign saying all games are $6 in this bin, and they came from the bin. If you just tossed the $6 per title and walked out with it, calling the cops would do the store little good as you have given them what it was marked as clearly on the sign(game too?)

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:50:33 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
^ Correct. Marked merchandise in a retail store is an implied offer to sell. By paying, you accept the offer and there's a deal. I'd like to see them call the cops because someone paid for their merchandise.

Of course, Nerdo-the-game-store-kissass would probably back the owner up on a shoplifting charge if it came to that, so you probably did the right thing.

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:10:37 AM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
Yeah pudgy probably would say it was mismarked and spout off the real value while the mgr could claim a 'deal' at $40. Still though, depending on the local laws you easily could win the dispute if they weren't smart enough to remove the sign before the cops got there, or your lawyer subpoenaed the store camera and got witnesses of the sign then it would be totally on for an embarrassing and good payout level countersuit.

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:15:13 AM
Retrogradio (0)
(Al Gritzmacher) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Well, it ultimately comes down to the owner's right to not sell. It was a private business and even though the sign implies a contractual agreement, it's not final until money has been exchanged. There's no law saying the owner can't change the prices, nor is there a law about when he can do it. Most will honor the set price but obviously there are a few pirates who find it acceptable to change a price on the spot.

The guy's earned a somewhat negative reputation since then. I heard that when Pokemon Diamond/Pearl came out, he tried to keep all the bonus styluses for himself and sell them at $5 apiece. What a shitstain.

Feb 3, 2011 at 4:18:25 PM
Eb69 (83)
(Danny Buckles) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Retrogradio

Well, it ultimately comes down to the owner's right to not sell. It was a private business and even though the sign implies a contractual agreement, it's not final until money has been exchanged. There's no law saying the owner can't change the prices, nor is there a law about when he can do it. Most will honor the set price but obviously there are a few pirates who find it acceptable to change a price on the spot.

The guy's earned a somewhat negative reputation since then. I heard that when Pokemon Diamond/Pearl came out, he tried to keep all the bonus styluses for himself and sell them at $5 apiece. What a shitstain.

Actually, there are such laws that prevent business owners from changing the price at the register like that. You legally can not advertise a price in the store and then change it when they try to pay for the item. If you go to Wal-Mart to buy a movie that is on sale and marked at $9.99 and it rings up for 14.99 they have to change it to 9.99. It's the reason stores are so quick to change the sale prices on the shelf. Some will even do it the day before to be sure screw ups don't happen.

Who is this PPG punk and why is his initials on every 3rd cart I find!?!

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:37:50 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
^^This. I went into Frys the day after the sale for Goldeneye on Wii was over, but it was still posted at $29.99 instead of $49.99 ...they had to give it to me, and as they did, they removed the sales tag on the shelf clip at the same time. By law stores are required to in a lot of places.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:38:50 PM
GameBoyGeek (48)
(Matthew Ham) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I get sick of these game stores that try and present them selves as a gamers/collectors store and the best reference tool they use for prices is eBay. I mean...yeah it can be kind of helpful but don't set prices on your games because of something you looked up on eBay. It just seems...unprofessional.

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:15:25 PM
GCrites80s (0)
(G Crites) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Bin prices don't work the same as prices that are affixed to the item or shelves that are marked with a tag featuring the exact part number/SKU/UPC/PLU of an item (such as seen at the grocery store). The game itself was not marked with a price but was in a bin marked with a price. Anybody could take any unpriced item, throw it in the bin and demand the item for the bin price if the law stated that items in the bin had to be sold for the bin price - but that's not what the law states. Imagine someone throwing a generator into the $3 DVD bin at Wal-Mart.

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:11:53 PM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Eb69

Didn't read all this thread, but that store owner didn't have a leg to stand on. He had them marked at $3 a piece, he HAS to sell them at that price. BBB would have a field day with that.

Unless there is a specific law in that state regulating retail stores in such a manner, no he doesn't. Prices marked in store are just invitations to do business. The price is not fixed until both parties agree and legal tender is handed over, or some other form of contract.

Many jurisdictions have laws regulating the advertisement of prices. This is different than the actual price marked on the item in-store. However, some states have additional laws regarding this. I believe Michigan is one, where prices must be noted directly on the item. Also, many retail store policies state that marked prices will be honored, but this is still just a policy and not the law.

Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:24:46 PM
catfriedrice (5)
(Daniel L.) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
Next time, bury the games back in the bin somewhere (or shove them in whatever hiding spot you can find) without lardo watching (if lucky) then return later when a different manager was working.

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:36:33 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: Eb69

Originally posted by: Retrogradio

Actually, there are such laws that prevent business owners from changing the price at the register like that. You legally can not advertise a price in the store and then change it when they try to pay for the item. If you go to Wal-Mart to buy a movie that is on sale and marked at $9.99 and it rings up for 14.99 they have to change it to 9.99. It's the reason stores are so quick to change the sale prices on the shelf. Some will even do it the day before to be sure screw ups don't happen.

The owner or worker of the store can refuse to sell the product to any person, so long as the reason for refusal is not for discriminatory reasons.

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:10:47 PM
v666 (4)
(V ) < Little Mac >
Mexico
Originally posted by: B.A.

That sucks to be sure, however I still would pay $40 for each of those without question.

Exactly.

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:50:22 PM
kgbjay (2)
(Jay ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ontario
"Toronto Blue Jays jersey"
"Two day neck beard"
Went out of his way to be a jerk even though he had nothing to gain from this...

Yup, sounds like someone from Toronto

KGBJay everywhere!

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:52:47 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
No Need to bump 2.5 year old topics.