Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Baldur's Gate EE & More - FINALLY!!! tears to one's eyes...

Jun 14 at 5:58:12 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Holy heck!!

yup

yup

Some of the greatest RPGs in history are finally making a console debut, and it's one hell of a debut!! These will be released for PS4, Switch, and XBONE. 
So, Switch or PS4? 

and remember:

Edited: 06/14/2019 at 06:03 PM by avatar!

Jun 14 at 6:18:09 PM
Camoran (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Iceland
Wow, just wow. I played BG when it got released. Can not wait to give it a go. Good times gathering party before venturing forth!!

Torment as well, damn it will be awsome to refresh memories on those two. Not that i dont like Neverwinter nights,the other two i just have a very special place in my heart for BG and Torment.

I remember when i was importing and exporting character in BG to get all attributes to 25, which was the maximum if my memory is right

Edited: 06/14/2019 at 06:19 PM by Camoran

Jun 14 at 10:39:34 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Nice

-------------------------
NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Jun 17 at 1:02:53 AM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Camoran

Wow, just wow. I played BG when it got released. Can not wait to give it a go. Good times gathering party before venturing forth!!

Torment as well, damn it will be awsome to refresh memories on those two. Not that i dont like Neverwinter nights,the other two i just have a very special place in my heart for BG and Torment.

I remember when i was importing and exporting character in BG to get all attributes to 25, which was the maximum if my memory is right

It is, just like 2nd edition DnD rules.

Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

Jun 17 at 6:24:57 AM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: dragonwarrior83

Originally posted by: Camoran

It is, just like 2nd edition DnD rules.

Indeed and Neverwinter uses the 3rd edition rules... So many hours of rpg goodness comes that I'm feeling overwhelmed! Switch or PS4?? Need help  

Jun 17 at 7:16:47 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Switch, duh. Take 'em on the go.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Jun 17 at 9:52:25 AM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Have mine preordered for Switch. I put some serious hours into Neverwinter back in the day.

Jun 17 at 11:01:09 AM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Jeez, I know some people are console or die but $150! That same set of 5 games is currently $25 on GOG, around $100 normally, or $50 for mobile versions. The premium for physical console games these days is too damn high.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 06/17/2019 at 11:09 AM by DefaultGen

Jun 17 at 11:22:17 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Keeping in mind Baldur's Gate + expansion + new expansion + BG2 + expansion is like 150+ hours of gameplay. $.33/hour.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jun 17 at 4:35:20 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Keeping in mind Baldur's Gate + expansion + new expansion + BG2 + expansion is like 150+ hours of gameplay. $.33/hour.
Indeed. My guess is that Baldur's Gate will go down in price (unless it's a very limited release, in which case prices will skyrocket). However, I don't mind paying full retail for a game of this magnitude. I want to support this. Also, it's false to say "​The premium for physical console games these days is too damn high." NES games were $50+ in the 80s, and that translates to about $120 today! For a single game... Baldur's Gate EE is actually 4 games

Jun 17 at 5:05:36 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: avatar!

Indeed. My guess is that Baldur's Gate will go down in price (unless it's a very limited release, in which case prices will skyrocket). However, I don't mind paying full retail for a game of this magnitude. I want to support this. Also, it's false to say "​The premium for physical console games these days is too damn high." NES games were $50+ in the 80s, and that translates to about $120 today! For a single game... Baldur's Gate EE is actually 4 games

I'm talking about these generally digital games that get small physical releases, especially though companies like LRG. LRG will take a $10 digital game and charge 30 bucks for it. Switch physical indie games almost always cost $10-20 more too. Overcooked 2 is a $25 game that was $40 on Switch! The Infinity Engine games are a good value at any price, but for $150 if I need a copy for my shelf I'll buy the originals!

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Jun 18 at 3:57:45 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Originally posted by: avatar!

I'm talking about these generally digital games that get small physical releases, especially though companies like LRG. LRG will take a $10 digital game and charge 30 bucks for it. Switch physical indie games almost always cost $10-20 more too. Overcooked 2 is a $25 game that was $40 on Switch! The Infinity Engine games are a good value at any price, but for $150 if I need a copy for my shelf I'll buy the originals!
I actually think that's a fair markup. LRG is a small distributor and they won't get the same large discount such as EA does for ordering a million+ copies. A $10 digital game when released by LRG now has the game on disc/cartridge, case, cover, manual (they always include manuals), and collector's card. And everything is 100% DRM free! 

As for buying the original Baldur's Gate, sure you could do that. Of course, the Enhanced Editions never had a physical release, and this was never released on any console. So to each their own, but I'm excited about this and will support them  

Jul 01 at 5:07:56 AM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Well now...

PTID-Collector-Composite-No-Text-FB-1500x1500

https://store.skybound.com/produc...

(also one for Baldur's Gae + Neverwinter)

Jul 01 at 8:38:51 AM
StudyHallPanic#@! (6)
(Jason M Hill) < Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
All I remember from BG1 is the guy who follows you around saying hey-ya repeatedly until you get so annoyed that you kill him...then something bad happens that I cant recall. I'll still occasionally resort to hey-ya when serving to annoy.

Jul 01 at 11:18:26 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
That was a woman. And she is one of the best party members you can get lol

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jul 01 at 12:47:57 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida

That was a woman. And she is one of the best party members you can get lol
Aren't all the party members pretty good though? If I recall, everyone and I mean EVERYONE loved Boo and Minsc. And as for the hey-ya party member... can you really kill her? If you've played the game you know just how important she is. And yeah, regardless she kicks arse! I kinda wish you could romance her, alas...

Oct 17 at 9:22:08 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Game is out!!
If you ordered the Collector's Edition from Skybound, you now have to wait until December for all the extras... grrr. Hope it's worth the wait!