Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Greetings NAers New UK member signing in :-)

Jun 10, 2013 at 10:21:13 AM
DS Repair Guy (0)
(Dave ) < Cherub >
England
Hi people. I'm Dave from the UK. Never been a huge fan of computer games, never really had the time as a child to play them. I have however always been a fan of fixing things (or at least trying to fix things!), especially electrical gadgets. But in the past, despite my interest in this field, occupational commitments have left me without time nor motivation to get into the repair business.... that is untill now...

A recent change to my circumstances has meant I do now have the time and the motivation. One day I'd like to think I'll be able to repair anything from consoles to phones, mp3 players etc, but for now I'm just concentrating on one particular console - the Nintendo DS Lite.
Why? Because you gotta start somewhere. The DS Lite is not too recent that its too expensive to buy faulty, or hard to get parts for cheaply, but its not too old that there's no demand for it anymore. The fact that it is the last handheld console from Nintendo that you can still play your GameBoy Advance games on means there's still a significant demand for it. And it turns out that repair parts are available in abundance and at very affordable prices. Also, the most common faults with them are usually very simple fixes, making it an ideal place to start for a newbie like me.
There me not be much profit to be had in buying them faulty and selling them once refurbished, but at the very least I know I will get my money back and gain valuable experience effectively for free.
And once I've done a few and got comfortable with it, I can start offering a repair service which I dare say is a little more profitable.

Looking slightly further ahead, my aim is to extend my skills to the DSi, 3DS and PSP consoles and who knows after that. Whilst doing all this I'm hoping to gain valuable information and tips from the forums here, and hopefully even be able to contribute my own once I have a little more experience.
For me, there's no better feeling than making someones day because you've brought back from the dead something they had given up all hope on.

I am in the process of setting up my own website for this venture too - www.dsrepairguy.com.... The domain is live but the site itself is lacking content at the moment - hoping to get this running properly over the next few weeks or so. 

Well thats about it from me for now, have a nice day fellow NAers and thanks for having me

-------------------------

*** Launching Soon! ***
New UK based Nintendo DS Lite repair / refurbishment service.
www.dsrepairguy.com...

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:45:13 AM
jfreakofkorn (23)
< King Solomon >
United States
welcome aboard ....