Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Aug 2, 2015 at 2:56:15 PM
Twentemarina (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
I don't know if this already a feature or not or if it's already been recommended. If not, I think a mult-quote addition to the site would really be useful for posters replying to multiple quotes at a time, specifically very useful for sales/auction threads.

Aug 2, 2015 at 6:51:33 PM
Ethan4972 (1)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
you can multi quote already. Not sure how, but I know you can

-------------------------
my gameboy collection is coming along nicely!

Still looking for a gameboy light and gameboy micro!

Sega reference before I dip. -Fiery Reign at June 11 at 3:12:06 AM

Aug 2, 2015 at 6:55:41 PM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
I just copy-paste to get 2+ quotes in 1 post. Not sure if there is currently a more fluent method I'm missing.

Edited: 08/02/2015 at 06:55 PM by Twentemarina

Aug 2, 2015 at 7:07:05 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Ethan4972

you can multi quote already.
Indeed you can.

Not sure how, but I know you can
In the quote window, use the source and change the HTML. If quoting multiple people, copy all the code, move to the other window, and paste it (again in source mode). It works very well for me. But it's completely manual and maybe some people are less technically inclined.  

While we're talking about changing quotes, I'd like to see a quote train stopper. Something that won't allow a reply with too many nested levels to go through (generates error message), or ignores all but say, the two outermost.

Aug 2, 2015 at 7:45:02 PM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Alright, so it's a bit more painful to do the multi-quote. I was suggesting implementing a click button multi-quote button, but whatever, I guess.

In regards to the jumbo chain quoting, yes, that is something that should be cut down on. It's a pain and I almost refuse to quote people because of it.

Aug 2, 2015 at 10:03:24 PM
Ethan4972 (1)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: gunpei

you can multi quote already.
Indeed you can.

Not sure how, but I know you can
In the quote window, use the source and change the HTML. If quoting multiple people, copy all the code, move to the other window, and paste it (again in source mode). It works very well for me. But it's completely manual and maybe some people are less technically inclined.  

While we're talking about changing quotes, I'd like to see a quote train stopper. Something that won't allow a reply with too many nested levels to go through (generates error message), or ignores all but say, the two outermost.
ah! thank you. Also, yes, a button to do such a thing may not be a bad idea.

my gameboy collection is coming along nicely!

Still looking for a gameboy light and gameboy micro!

Sega reference before I dip. -Fiery Reign at June 11 at 3:12:06 AM

Aug 3, 2015 at 5:51:35 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Twentemarina

Alright, so it's a bit more painful to do the multi-quote. I was suggesting implementing a click button multi-quote button, but whatever, I guess.
I didn't mean that it shouldn't be done, just explaining for Ethan.

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:35:42 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I'd really like to see this added as a button too. Out of the main forums I frequent, this is the only one that doesn't have a button I believe.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:14:48 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Necro-bump for a solid +1. In fact, if I would request any feature, this would be it. How much $$$ do I need to contribute through Patreon to get this? hehe

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Jul 10, 2017 at 11:36:02 AM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: rlh

Necro-bump for a solid +1. In fact, if I would request any feature, this would be it. How much $$$ do I need to contribute through Patreon to get this? hehe

Amen.  Lots of folks say that you somehow do it by dragging and dropping other posts into your reply box, but on both Chrome and Firefox/Mozilla, I've never had it actually do anything remotely like that.  Another forum I was a big part of would let you just tap a quote button at the bottom of a post and keep on hitting those until you were ready to reply, then dump all of the quoted stuff into separate bubbles into your reply so you could respond/manipulate/etc. all at once.  Something like that here would be absolutely fantastic.

After having been "quoted" as part of a seemingly neverending quote chain, I'd also love to see the ability to "untag" myself from quote chains when people get super lazy about only quoting what they're replying to versus the entire thread in progress.  My email just kept going off and it was stuff that didn't really have anything to do with me that I totally could have waited until this morning (when I logged back on) to find out about.

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!