Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Pat the NES Punk posted about Tim Atwood's banning... and he's got the facts all wrong :(

LOCKED TOPIC

May 16, 2016 at 12:05:19 PM
andrew244 (42)
(Xevious Freak) < Meka Chicken >
South Carolina
Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

I'll take the opposing view. I agree with the majority of what they said. Especially the mods stirring the pot and not being neutral. Making a negative note and not giving anyone a chance to respond is all true. They did however miss the mark on why Tim was suspended.

I've already expressed those concerns privately and publicly. By and large the moderators are great as is the site.

lol, I'm still going over the old Atwood threads. Before Tim came and started his own threads, you were one of the first to 'break' the threads, shifting the tone heavily partially by attacking Pat. Love this quote: 

"I know Pat will make one of his crybaby videos about this. We'll see his mascara running from the tears etc. I ask him (because you know his ass will be reading this), invite me on the podcast/video. Let's air it out. Don't hide behind your stupid camera looking like Green Day and not give those you attack a chance to speak. Man the f up."

-------------------------

Nintendo Power progress: 103/285

Edited: 05/16/2016 at 12:10 PM by andrew244

May 16, 2016 at 12:05:28 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Here's Pat's problem. This website and forum has 1000's upon 1000's of members. To generalize an entire community of that many people is just ignorant. I get it, he believes he is a knowledge bank that this hobby needs. But this video is full of misinformation and opinions stated as facts. Yeah, I get it. You Pat, should be a politician, you'd do well, maybe on your local council?

Pat comes here "every once in a blue moon" AKA probably multiple times every fucking day. Pat: Tim Atwood has proved nothing to this hobby.

Edited: 05/16/2016 at 12:07 PM by XYZ

May 16, 2016 at 12:06:58 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois

I'll take the opposing view. I agree with the majority of what they said. Especially the mods stirring the pot and not being neutral. Making a negative note and not giving anyone a chance to respond is all true. They did however miss the mark on why Tim was suspended.

I've already expressed those concerns privately and publicly. By and large the moderators are great as is the site.

They missed the mark on a lot of things but you're right that they did make a few good points,
I think the reason a mod pointed out the value of Kirby was because puppywaffles made such a soapbox affair out of his post (which was completely glossed over in the video).
They're right that it was probably not a necessary thing to say. As far as mods getting in the last word before locking topics, have any examples? I haven't really noticed that happening if that was the case.

Instagram
Wishlist

May 16, 2016 at 12:07:06 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: MrWunderful
I would advise no members from this site commenting on that video, anything said is going to be spun negatively against the site as a whole.
Yeah, honestly, I'd not post anything on there. No one's going to "see the light", because it's Youtube. You're going to get the Youtube trolls coming here and start shitting on productive threads just from the attention alone.

May 16, 2016 at 12:07:41 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
Originally posted by: andrew244

lol, I'm still going over the old Atwood threads. Before Tim came and started his own threads, you were one of the first to 'break' the threads, shifting the tone heavily patially by attacking Pat. Love this quote:

"I know Pat will make one of his crybaby videos about this. We'll see his mascara running from the tears etc. I ask him (because you know his ass will be reading this), invite me on the podcast/video. Let's air it out. Don't hide behind your stupid camera looking like Green Day and not give those you attack a chance to speak. Man the f up."

Yep. I'm trying to be objective. I usually disagree with Pat.  The fact that I agree should say something. 

May 16, 2016 at 12:08:30 PM
behemos (126)
(Endless Mike) < Lolo Lord >
Maryland

Agree totally with you on this.  Pointing out the negative aspects of something is not the same as being uninformed.

As for Tim's banning, I think they avoided that all together so they didn't have to throw shade on him... which is where they missed the mark.  If you're going to tell a story, why not tell the whole thing?

But as for the other points, they were pretty spot on from what I saw.  While I don't usually agree with Pat on much, I will say the "comment and lock" move is by far the most annoying.  I know everyone will say it doesn't happen and whatnot, but it does.  

Overall, yes, the mods kick ass and so does NA.  It's why I'm a subscriber.  It's a great place to meet and chat about games... but to pretend everything is 100% democratic and fair is a bit naive.  

May 16, 2016 at 12:11:53 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: cirellio

They missed the mark on a lot of things but you're right that they did make a few good points,
I think the reason a mod pointed out the value of Kirby was because puppywaffles made such a soapbox affair out of his post (which was completely glossed over in the video).
They're right that it was probably not a necessary thing to say. As far as mods getting in the last word before locking topics, have any examples? I haven't really noticed that happening if that was the case.

Ding!  

We've had members donate free games to someone who's house burned down.  Donate time and effort to others in periods of need.  Half of the Secret Santa participants go well above and beyond the minimum expected requirements.  ROMs have been dumped for free.  The list can go on and on.

I'm all about acts of generosity.  But there are countless acts that go on unthanked on this form on a daily basis.  It is more about realizing the perspective of all acts of generosity, rather than diminishing the gift of Kirby.

I'm glad someone got it. 

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 05/16/2016 at 12:12 PM by jonebone

May 16, 2016 at 12:13:18 PM
Jandrem (6)
(Josh ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Do other collecting hobbies have this much drama? I grew up collecting comics with my dad, and it was never this bad. I blame the interwebs.

My FS/FO thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

May 16, 2016 at 12:14:38 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Prediction: Atwood's temp ban runs out, he posts something to get banned again. Pat spins it as, "Tim got unbanned after this video. I guess I have a lot of sway. But then after his first post back, they ban him again! Ridiculous!"

Also, mods "get the last word in" usually to say, "This is why I'm locking. K it's locked now." They might add some of their own opinion, but what does that matter? Things would just continue to go in circles as they usually are at that point.

May 16, 2016 at 12:16:59 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: jonebone

Ding!  

We've had members donate free games to someone who's house burned down.  Donate time and effort to others in periods of need.  Half of the Secret Santa participants go well above and beyond the minimum expected requirements.  ROMs have been dumped for free.  The list can go on and on.

I'm all about acts of generosity.  But there are countless acts that go on unthanked on this form on a daily basis.  It is more about realizing the perspective of all acts of generosity, rather than diminishing the gift of Kirby.

I'm glad someone got it. 

Yup! Atwood gifted someone a French Kirby and SnuffyWaffles and Pat and that guy in his video all seem to think it's some kind of amazing act of charity. This shit's been going on for years and the more I hear about this Kirby "act of kindness", the more I think Atwood goded Waffles into making a thread to make himself look good.

May 16, 2016 at 12:20:39 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Jandrem

Do other collecting hobbies have this much drama? I grew up collecting comics with my dad, and it was never this bad. I blame the interwebs.
They may by now.   

I don't remember baseball cards having this much drama either, but the internet changes everything.

The fact that this Pat character hates this site soooooo much but gladly comes on here to peddle his wares tells me all I need to know about him.

May 16, 2016 at 12:21:00 PM
andrew244 (42)
(Xevious Freak) < Meka Chicken >
South Carolina
Originally posted by: XYZ

Ding!  

I'm glad someone got it. 

Yup! Atwood gifted someone a French Kirby and SnuffyWaffles and Pat and that guy in his video all seem to think it's some kind of amazing act of charity. This shit's been going on for years and the more I hear about this Kirby "act of kindness", the more I think Atwood goded Waffles into making a thread to make himself look good.

I think most of the shit started in that thread was from the original post being a book-length sob story. They also milked Atwood's Mario Bros arcade story, going along with trying to shining him as the most amazing generous, charitable saint.

Nintendo Power progress: 103/285

May 16, 2016 at 12:21:12 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

I would advise no members from this site commenting on that video, anything said is going to be spun negatively against the site as a whole. It is sad that they did not do any research however.

This....hell I was only going to comment saying Tim's account was suspended for 2 weeks not banned and just said fuck it....YT is a shitshow for drama.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

May 16, 2016 at 12:21:36 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands

Ding!  

I'm glad someone got it. 

Then maybe you should of taken that approach yourself. But no, you made an unnecessary and unproductive comment. As a mod, not cool. And based on the response the majority agree with that point. 

May 16, 2016 at 12:25:03 PM
Mackdow (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Scotland

Hahaha tell me about it, I was starting to think it was a culture thing to be honest. I come here for the gaming stuff, not the personal stuff

May 16, 2016 at 12:28:05 PM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
T

Ding!  

I'm glad someone got it. 

Considering I contacted him on eBay he had no clue who I was on NA. He also didn't know what I was posting, I just asked if he minded. These types of comments should be left to PM. Snuffywaffles? That's real creative.
I never said his act of kindness was better than anyone else's...now whose speculating?

Anyway before it gets brought up, I am not the biggest fan of Pat. He contacted me about this whole thing. I could have easily given a biased answer, instead I sent him the links to ALL the Atwood threads and told him to form his own opinion. Nothing else.
​I hope everyone has a good day, I'm now leaving this thread because it is pointless and just bringing more attention to Pat and Atwood, which I thought we were done with like a week ago...

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

May 16, 2016 at 12:28:42 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

Then maybe you should of taken that approach yourself. But no, you made an unnecessary and unproductive comment. As a mod, not cool. And based on the response the majority agree with that point. 
I made a fair and deliberate comment without any name calling.  I'm sorry you did not agree with that.  I have opinions and thought it was relevant to the thread.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

May 16, 2016 at 12:31:17 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles
it is pointless and just bringing more attention to Pat and Atwood, which I thought we were done with like a week ago...
Yeah, honestly this is going to lead to more arguments among ourselves. Pat and Tim don't come here anymore, so it's not like they have anything to lose. 

May 16, 2016 at 12:32:21 PM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
PS: IBTL Always wanted to do one of those!

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

May 16, 2016 at 12:33:38 PM
Jandrem (6)
(Josh ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

They may by now.   

I don't remember baseball cards having this much drama either, but the internet changes everything.

The fact that this Pat character hates this site soooooo much but gladly comes on here to peddle his wares tells me all I need to know about him.

Yeah, there is that. If I dislike a place, I certainly don't go there to peddle my wares(bead sprites and such). Just comes off as shameless. When Pat does post here, he gets a lot of praise and casual interest(but never follows up except for when his wares are releasing). His NES book looks pretty cool to me, but I'm having trouble justifying giving him the money...

My FS/FO thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

May 16, 2016 at 12:35:15 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois

T

Ding!  

I'm glad someone got it. 

Considering I contacted him on eBay he had no clue who I was on NA. He also didn't know what I was posting, I just asked if he minded. These types of comments should be left to PM. Snuffywaffles? That's real creative.
I never said his act of kindness was better than anyone else's...now whose speculating?

Anyway before it gets brought up, I am not the biggest fan of Pat. He contacted me about this whole thing. I could have easily given a biased answer, instead I sent him the links to ALL the Atwood threads and told him to form his own opinion. Nothing else.
​I hope everyone has a good day, I'm now leaving this thread because it is pointless and just bringing more attention to Pat and Atwood, which I thought we were done with like a week ago...

I know you aren't going to post in this thread anymore, but you really shouldn't have generalized the entire NA community with blanket statements in that topic.

Anyway, so if Pat contacted Puppywaffles, and Puppywaffles really did give him all the threads and facts, then it seems Pat is taking this opportunity to throw NintendoAge under the bus by leaving out the important details. Pat already called Tim a hero. Hell, I did too. I didn't expect to see topics like the Safe Space Vote For Trump thread and calling people dicks out of what I originally thought was a stand-up guy. But, I guess it doesn't fit the 'Tim the Hero' narrative.

Instagram
Wishlist

Edited: 05/16/2016 at 12:37 PM by NickTLG

May 16, 2016 at 12:37:26 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
This forum, especially for its size, is very well organized and full of great people. The rules are wide out in the open and if you follow, then there is no problem. Where the hell do people come up with the spew they cum up? That the moderators here abuse power? C'mon... now I must struggle all week to find someone say something dumber than that.

I have browsed forums for 20 years that are full of un-moderated bullshit, bullying, hatred, and liars. This forum deserves a Pat on the back.

May 16, 2016 at 12:38:43 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands
Agreed on Puppies generalization of NA. Sorry dude you're my boy but that really derailed your original sentiment. I've mistakenly been guilty of that too. It happens.

May 16, 2016 at 12:40:09 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Man alive so much drama! I wish this all would just be laid to rest so we all can go about our non-uppity collecting lives.

Haves     |     Wants

May 16, 2016 at 12:40:45 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Tulpa

it is pointless and just bringing more attention to Pat and Atwood, which I thought we were done with like a week ago...
Yeah, honestly this is going to lead to more arguments among ourselves. Pat and Tim don't come here anymore, so it's not like they have anything to lose. 

I agree with the first sentence. But the second sentence is incorrect. Both of those individuals are probably reading this thread as we speak. I would be willing to bet a sealed NES game.