Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Access sellers paypal address via transaction on NA.

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:35:11 AM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Is it possible to have a feature where you can access a sellers paypal account if you both agree to a transaction on NA? This would be very useful in speeding up transactions as sometimes NA messages aren’t replied to for days at a time.

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:37:34 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
I don't think its that great of an idea. If someone is trying to work a deal and they are super slow on responses, that is what feedback is for. Or just cancel the trans and move on.

The other side of it is, if you are paying, ask for their paypal in advance. Thats what I do.

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:39:25 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
I would NOT be a fan of this. I don't link my Paypal to anything and I definitely wouldn't want me address so easily found on NintendoAge.

If I want someone to have my address, I PM it to them.

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:44:27 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Paul

I would NOT be a fan of this. I don't link my Paypal to anything and I definitely wouldn't want me address so easily found on NintendoAge.

If I want someone to have my address, I PM it to them.

Not a mailing address. A paypal ID for receiving money.

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:45:45 PM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
NOPE. What if they had a sudden, unexpected expense come up that prevented them from completing the transaction immediately? I know that's not always the case, but if I suddenly had to rush my kid to the doctor and discovered that somebody yanked the last of my money out of my account without my knowledge and blocked me from paying for something I *HAD* to pay for (not *WANTED* to pay for), there would definitely be an ass beating coming, if not blood. Yeah, that's kind of a worst case scenario (and if it were my kid, the blood part would probably be the lower end of that spectrum), but you never know. Regardless of our opinions here, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were a violation of PayPal's own policies to allow more than one person to operate/access a personal, non-business account, so this point may well be moot. I know that where I work (and many other businesses), allowing anyone else access to your credentials for anything is strictly forbidden, so a financial institution like PayPal having something like that in place wouldn't really be at all out of left field to me.

Edit:  Primarily read the first post versus it in combination with the topic title.  I would still say no and for similar reasons.  As others have said, feedback is there for a reason.  No need to go after someone at home (via mail or phone) if something come sup and they have to blow you off unexpectedly.  Stuff happens.  Feedback it appropriately and move on.

-------------------------
Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Edited: 12/21/2017 at 12:47 PM by darkchylde28

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:11:27 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: darkchylde28

NOPE. What if they had a sudden, unexpected expense come up that prevented them from completing the transaction immediately? I know that's not always the case, but if I suddenly had to rush my kid to the doctor and discovered that somebody yanked the last of my money out of my account without my knowledge and blocked me from paying for something I *HAD* to pay for (not *WANTED* to pay for), there would definitely be an ass beating coming, if not blood. Yeah, that's kind of a worst case scenario (and if it were my kid, the blood part would probably be the lower end of that spectrum), but you never know. Regardless of our opinions here, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were a violation of PayPal's own policies to allow more than one person to operate/access a personal, non-business account, so this point may well be moot. I know that where I work (and many other businesses), allowing anyone else access to your credentials for anything is strictly forbidden, so a financial institution like PayPal having something like that in place wouldn't really be at all out of left field to me.

Edit:  Primarily read the first post versus it in combination with the topic title.  I would still say no and for similar reasons.  As others have said, feedback is there for a reason.  No need to go after someone at home (via mail or phone) if something come sup and they have to blow you off unexpectedly.  Stuff happens.  Feedback it appropriately and move on.

It doesn't work like that. Knowing your PayPal ID does not allow me to take money from you.

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:34:58 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
If you're concerned about people responding slowly, I'd suggest simply asking them upfront for an alternative messaging service that you can agree upon. I've texted with people on here a few times, for instance, without issue.

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:36:05 PM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Ichinisan

It doesn't work like that. Knowing your PayPal ID does not allow me to take money from you.

Read my edit that I made ~30 minutes before you responded.  OP doesn't say PayPal ID, he says "paypal address" in the topic (which, to me, means what address I have on file/verified on PayPal) and then "paypal account" (which is what I first latched onto, which would, in theory, allow someone to take money from your account) in his post.  I object to either concept.

If someone chooses to complete a transaction, they can share all of that information then.  If not, leave them bad feedback.  Even if it was keeping PayPal ID's/email addresses on file here, that information would have to be kept in a database and would probably end up being leaked online at some point as info from seemingly all sites which keep large amounts of user data on file online get hacked/data mined eventually.  Call me paranoid, but I would (and will, should any such requirement ever crop up on here) nope right out of that.  Keeping things as they are would seem to be the best route, as it keeps NA out of the middle of any disputes between users doing transactions with one another.

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:28:47 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other

still wouldn't let it be known..  If someone wants to advertise their Paypal ID, they can in their signature, but adding a feature to NA seems overkill to me. 

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:53:44 AM
alekx (108)
Alberta
Wow the responses here are totally against it lol for odd reasons. I think it would streamline a transaction. Same way ebay works but you all use ebay?

Of course it could be an option to add your PayPal email address not mandatory. And only accessible after the transaction has been accepted by both parties so really nothing to get up in arms about.

edit: to clarify this is email would not be on your profile or signature but it would be found in the transaction menu. So not public info.

Edited: 12/28/2017 at 07:55 AM by alekx

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:58:01 AM
alekx (108)
Alberta

Read my edit that I made ~30 minutes before you responded.  OP doesn't say PayPal ID, he says "paypal address" in the topic (which, to me, means what address I have on file/verified on PayPal) and then "paypal account" (which is what I first latched onto, which would, in theory, allow someone to take money from your account) in his post.  I object to either concept.

If someone chooses to complete a transaction, they can share all of that information then.  If not, leave them bad feedback.  Even if it was keeping PayPal ID's/email addresses on file here, that information would have to be kept in a database and would probably end up being leaked online at some point as info from seemingly all sites which keep large amounts of user data on file online get hacked/data mined eventually.  Call me paranoid, but I would (and will, should any such requirement ever crop up on here) nope right out of that.  Keeping things as they are would seem to be the best route, as it keeps NA out of the middle of any disputes between users doing transactions with one another.

Most of you probably have your same email that NA has on file to your paypal anyways. Im not talking about a giant site hacked scenario, and definitely not talking about allowing someone to withdraw funds from your account

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:01:23 AM
alekx (108)
Alberta
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

I don't think its that great of an idea. If someone is trying to work a deal and they are super slow on responses, that is what feedback is for. Or just cancel the trans and move on.

The other side of it is, if you are paying, ask for their paypal in advance. Thats what I do.

People are busy, some people have more time on NA than others, I am proposing just a streamline once the transaction is accepted from both parties as getting a PayPal address just seems like an extra step that’s unneccessary if it was included in the transactions.

or even a spot to type your paypal when starting a transaction as a seller or when accepting a transaction.

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:01:38 AM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
I don't really see much benefit in this. Whenever I do a sale my PayPal information is included in the transaction terms. Also that is even more personal information for nintendoage to store and manage.

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:04:31 AM
alekx (108)
Alberta
Originally posted by: zeppelin03

I don't really see much benefit in this. Whenever I do a sale my PayPal information is included in the transaction terms. Also that is even more personal information for nintendoage to store and manage.

True I never thought about the storage side of things.

perhaps just a place to enter PayPal’s in a transaction.

or maybe it’s not a great idea at all.

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:09:19 AM
alekx (108)
Alberta
Could be a line that says Enter PayPal Address and then have a warning like nintendoage does not support the use of gift payments.

Edited: 12/28/2017 at 08:09 AM by alekx

Dec 28, 2017 at 3:00:56 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: alekx

Could be a line that says Enter PayPal Address and then have a warning like nintendoage does not support the use of gift payments.

Gift payments are fine as long as the seller doesn't request or require it and the buyer understands they are giving up PayPal protections.

If it's someone I've dealt with before and I trust them, I send as gift and save them the PayPal fee.

Dec 28, 2017 at 3:31:20 PM
alekx (108)
Alberta
Alright, not sure how that adds to the conversation of this but I'll just put it down as another against the idea. Not sure if it's just a bad idea or all people do in site suggestion is knock down ideas (by reading other threads it seems like it)

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:02:32 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
If this isn't the most ironic topic on this website....

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:07:24 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

he's saying if person X is buying from person Y, that person X should automatically get Ys paypal rather than wait for them to send it by pm, so X can send money to Y right away.

The only thing happening here is the seller getting their money without the buyer waiting on the info.

I'm not saying I'm for or against, just feel like a lot of people are misunderstanding what he's saying

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Mar 3, 2018 at 8:09:07 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Just use the PayPal.Me/YourHandle link that PayPal generates for you.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread