KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: Mega Mario Man

Originally posted by: KHAN Games

Do you want a hint for the Easter Egg?

-gnarblast: "do they have something to do with the mini games?"
KHAN Response:"Nothing to do with the mini-games, either."

When I said that, I was referring to his last two needed achievements.  Not the Easter Egg.

-------------------------

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Edited: 02/27/2014 at 02:48 PM by KHAN Games

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:55:25 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska

When I said that, I was referring to his last two needed achievements.  Not the Easter Egg.
AH, I see that now. Thanks for the correction. I will edit my previous to post to reflect this new information.

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Feb 27, 2014 at 8:00:05 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Warren Robinett kept the Adventure easter egg for a year until it was discovered by a player. The Vectrex fellow never did tell and it was only found by people tearing apart the code. Be one of the greats Kevin, take it to the grave!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Edited: 02/27/2014 at 08:00 PM by SoleGooseProductions

Mar 3, 2014 at 2:06:21 PM
rdrunner (35)
(Tom Votava) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
I played this a lot over the past weekend and finally nailed a deathless run in the main game for the "impossible" achievement.

All I have left now are the "summer" and "t-shirt" achievements. Strange thing on the summer achievement: I actually got this one, saw it marked on my list, but after powering off the game and turning it back on, the checkmark was gone! This has happened twice now. What gives? Has this happened to anyone else?

Tom Votava
http://rdrunner0077.blogspot.com/

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:39:24 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Originally posted by: rdrunner

I played this a lot over the past weekend and finally nailed a deathless run in the main game for the "impossible" achievement.

All I have left now are the "summer" and "t-shirt" achievements. Strange thing on the summer achievement: I actually got this one, saw it marked on my list, but after powering off the game and turning it back on, the checkmark was gone! This has happened twice now. What gives? Has this happened to anyone else?
Yep, someone else reported it already.  Looks like a bug I missed, sorry.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:48:23 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska

Is there going to be a release on what it takes to get each achievement? I have a couple of achievements I got but have no clue what I did to get them.

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:26:57 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
I'll be happy to send you a PM with all the achievement details, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't want to know.

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:55:04 PM
rdrunner (35)
(Tom Votava) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina

Gotcha.  No worries.  Just making sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

I still don't know how I got that achievement in the first place.

Tom Votava
http://rdrunner0077.blogspot.com/

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:57:01 PM
m308gunner (63)
(Jason ) < King Solomon >
Connecticut

I'll be happy to send you a PM with all the achievement details, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't want to know.
PM Coming!

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:26:38 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida

Gotcha.  No worries.  Just making sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

I still don't know how I got that achievement in the first place.

You must have played it a long time that day!  Only in summer would someone have that kinda free time!

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:29:32 PM
gnarblast (0)
(ryan f) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
still looking for the T-Shirt achievement. bah!

also please check out my youtube page. i try and play through nes games. i try and keep the deaths minimum. http://www.youtube.com/user/Blast...

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:45:02 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
And now on wired! http://www.wired.com/gamelife/201... Go give them views/shares so they will cover NES stuff more often!

Aug 18, 2014 at 4:19:12 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska

I really don't want a hint. The hunt is fun enough. Besides, you have laid quite few broad hints in previous posts.
-KHAN: "The easter egg will use tiles that are used elsewhere, so there won't be any easy way to track it down."

-stardust4ever: "Also, what happens if someone posts a "Let's Play" style vido on youtube and accidentally uncovers the Easter Egg, or unwittingly posts in an internet forum about it"
KHAN: "And if anyone accidentally stumbles on it, which is possible I guess, I'll figure something out."

-KHAN:"There's also an easter egg in the game (not limited edition exclusive!) with instructions on what to do if you find it".
KHAN:"And you'll know when you find the easter egg.  It says "this is the easter egg!" - These quote pretty much says that when you find it, you will know it.

***EDIT*** NEW INFO FROM KHAN: "When I said that, I was referring to his last two needed achievements.  Not the Easter Egg."

-gnarblast: "care to say if the easter egg is during the normal mode are challenge mode?" 
Kahn Response: "I'm afraid if I give any hint at all, it will give it away."
My Initial Thought: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.............could be either...or neither???!?!!?!

I want to mention a few silly things that I have tried and failled:
1. On the first level, just held the down button and died until all my lives were gone.
2. Konami Code at the start screen
3. Opened the case to see if there was a hidden message inside that gave a clue (Thinking maybe on the back of the label or something).
4. Just let it sit at the title screen for like 10 - 15 minutes. Got boring really fast and decided to start playing again.
5. Tried various things during the game play such as dying on each vine in a level to see if I would "fall" into the easter egg screen.  (only tried this on a couple of levels, I won't say which levels)

That's all of the investigating I have for now.

Was the easter egg ever discovered? (Outside of someone hacking the source code)

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:08:18 AM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
It was not!