Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Feb 23, 2008 at 9:33:14 PM
Orrimarrko (38)
(Polk High's Finest) < Meka Chicken >
Texas

This may have already been talked about, so I apologize for being lazy and not checking, but will variants be put into each title's description page?

Thanks,
Steve

-------------------------

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:42:52 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
That was my main problem initially when the site changed to its present layout back in January...  I asked Dain about it, and his response was as follows:

Originally posted by: Dain

Originally posted by: mb7241

1. It seems to be a touch more difficult to search for variations. The real cause of frustration, though...what happened to seal and screw variations? Some of us (Erik, myself, and some others) revel in things like that... (-.75 points.)

2. (fixed)

3. (fixed)

#1 is a "known issue" in the sense that the old variations didn't mesh well with the newer database model. In fact, there are very few variations currently in the system. We'll be rebuilding that data from the old data, and adding in new stuff as well.

I guess I should go post a new topic for "Release notes" -- I wrote up a bunch of notes about the update, and that was in there (whoops!)

I would guess, therefore, that it's in the process of being fixed .

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:50:34 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Yeah, variations are currently incognito. They were chopped in the latest update and will be put back in hopefully soon.

Feb 29, 2008 at 2:23:31 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
You said variants were eliminated, but I'm still seeing Stadium Events and Myriad 6-in-1 on there...

hehe