NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

(Solved) NES giving white screen when trying to play games

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:44:07 PM
Togainu (0)

< Cherub >
Netherlands
Hey everyone,

While I am a new member I came across this site while trying to find "support" for the NES that I bought this weekend.
However this NES is giving me a headache as it currently stands. While the games that came with the console are working fine.

The games I already owned myself aren't. They are booting in our lovely white screen. First of all I want to point out the games
that are working are marked as FAH-1 as for the games I already had are marked FAH. The games do work in a different NES
and have been recently cleaned.

Now opening up this NES I noticed that it already performed the region lock removal (detaching pin 4). Any thoughts about
why this might be occuring or by any chance already know a solution.

With kind regards,

Togainu

Edited: 04/25/2016 at 05:43 PM by Togainu

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:18:16 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
dirty pins.

-------------------------
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:23:55 PM
Togainu (0)

< Cherub >
Netherlands
Wouldn't that cause both regions of games not working not just the FAH ones?

But will give it a shot. Likely will report back in 30-45min in that case.

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:34:53 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
I don't know what you're referring to with "FAH".

Aside from that, if you know that in some cases 1. the games work 2. the console works then you're basically left with a bad connection at the pins.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:38:33 PM
Togainu (0)

< Cherub >
Netherlands
As for the FAH and FAH-1 things you can find a little more information on that here http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
That is basically the only difference between games working and not working.

Either way currently having the 72-pin Boiling and cleaning the board at the same time as well.

Edited: 04/25/2016 at 04:39 PM by Togainu

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:44:54 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
the -1 indicates a printing revision on the label or whatever the code is on. it doesn't have anything to do with the guts of the game.

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:47:21 PM
Togainu (0)

< Cherub >
Netherlands
I expected that much myself. Just finding it odd that only the FAH-1 games are working (my own ones included) but as soon as I try any FAH game it boots into white screen.

But as I said will report back after cleaning in the hope it helped.

Update:
Well not certain if I needed to clean or not. Cause after putting it back together the same result happened. But after messing with the tray's screws progress was made.
After finicking for a while it turned up a good image all around again. Thaniks for the help Lincoln.

Edited: 04/25/2016 at 05:43 PM by Togainu