Tennessee
Did Fauxmar buy this?

-------------------------
https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:29:49 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Man what happened to accountability. You spend $1200 without reading a description and you act like you've been robbed and need to file a police report. It's like buying a used car without doing a carfax and then you complain you got a salvage title. I feel some sympathy but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:39:16 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada
Originally posted by: jonebone

Obviously I agree VGA would err on the side of caution and render a "undetermined" grade.  It's all they can do, since it covers their ass.  I still think it's a reseal, just can't prove it.  I want to see some wear under the wrap, lack of ventholes or something that 100% confirms it beside the seal variation.
ventholes - 100% fake

Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:47:31 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: laserman81

I am not jumping on either side of this discussion but I am curious about something. What is ebay's stance on returning an item "not as described" if the description says the item might not be new from the factory? If the description on any random item says that it might not be new can the buyer return it because it was not new? Also, I have seen many items sell for way more than the "current market value" but it may be worth that amount to the buyer. I am not saying this is what happened here but I have seen it happen. Just a random thought...

Has anyone else seen Brewster's Millions?

These days it seems that eBay stance is if the buyer isn't happen for any reason that he gets his money back. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:52:38 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

Man what happened to accountability. You spend $1200 without reading a description and you act like you've been robbed and need to file a police report. It's like buying a used car without doing a carfax and then you complain you got a salvage title. I feel some sympathy but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

No one so far has said that the buyer didn't make a foolish and stupid mistake. Everyone agrees on that.

Do you think it is ok to sell something that is fake just because a buyer is foolish? 

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:57:07 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Originally posted by: buyatari2

No one so far has said that the buyer didn't make a foolish and stupid mistake. Everyone agrees on that.

Do you think it is ok to sell something that is fake just because a buyer is foolish? 
Ugh, we're going in circles here.  No of course it is not okay to sell something when the seller knows it is fake.  The point here is that the seller is not certain.  Though ironically, I bet if it had been real, he would have kept it.  So maybe the act of selling is actually the "proof" that he doesn't believe it's real either.

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:59:09 PM
Fantomex (216)
(Chris Z) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
EDIT: agreed with Bronty. This is pointless

Edited: 10/23/2012 at 03:08 PM by Fantomex

Oct 23, 2012 at 3:04:12 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Ehh, eff it I'm done on this topic.  Deleted.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 10/23/2012 at 03:05 PM by Bronty

Oct 23, 2012 at 3:05:48 PM
Fantomex (216)
Pennsylvania
Nevermind

Edited: 10/23/2012 at 03:07 PM by Fantomex

Oct 23, 2012 at 3:12:44 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

Ugh, we're going in circles here.  No of course it is not okay to sell something when the seller knows it is fake.  The point here is that the seller is not certain.  Though ironically, I bet if it had been real, he would have kept it.  So maybe the act of selling is actually the "proof" that he doesn't believe it's real either.

A factory sealed Zombies alt version would sell for a lot more than the reseal did. If he thought for one second that it was real then he would have it verified before he sold it or just kept it.  The seller knows it is a fake. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 3:17:52 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

A factory sealed Zombies alt version would sell for a lot more than the reseal did. If he thought for one second that it was real then he would have it verified before he sold it or just kept it.  The seller knows it is a fake. 

Selling isn't always about maximizing your profit as it is covering your cost basis.  Heck I sold a sealed Street Fighter II to CJMarq and a sealed Mario Party 2 to GamerTundra in the past week myself.  I'm sure they will VGA it and sit on it for an eternity at a large BIN, but I did well in regards to my cost and I'm happy.

Fast nickels > slow dimes.  To a collector at least. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:16:11 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

Selling isn't always about maximizing your profit as it is covering your cost basis.  Heck I sold a sealed Street Fighter II to CJMarq and a sealed Mario Party 2 to GamerTundra in the past week myself.  I'm sure they will VGA it and sit on it for an eternity at a large BIN, but I did well in regards to my cost and I'm happy.

Fast nickels > slow dimes.  To a collector at least. 

Yeah I'm sure that is what this is. He doesn't care about money and priced it low so another collector would get a great deal. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:57:50 PM
blarky (37)
(b0rk b0rk) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Spoon. That is all.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:10:13 AM
Rengozu (54)
(Jeff Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
If the buyer does end up keeping it and with most people in his corner thinking it's just a reseal anyway, is there any chance of getting a documented opening of the game to see the inner contents? Or maybe even send it to VGA? Like it's been said, I'm sure they can't grade it sealed because of the uncertainty, but would one want them to open it on the chance it would still meet the criteria for Qualified grading? Least it would still be prob the only one in a VGA box, and if it's thought of as a fake by himself and the majority already, I don't know why he'd want to keep it in its wrapped up state.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:25:58 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
It could well 'qualify'. Who knows for sure but certainly possible and a good idea. If it does qualify it's prob worth the 1200

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:16:37 AM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
What the he'll does qualify mean?

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:46:05 AM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Has the buyer contacted the seller explaining that upon investigation has determined it is 100% a fake and would like to return it? If so how did the seller react?

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:39:44 AM
USFLegend (63)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Originally posted by: pegboy

VGA can grade sealed and complete but open. If the contents are all there, VGA will grade is as a qualified grade instead of a real sealed. If you look on ebay there are a few examples of these. They will say qualified on the label at the bottom from VGA. Some sellers unfortunately will list these as brand new VGA never used sealed items when in fact they have been opened. If all the contents are in this, VGA could get this a qualified grade.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:45:49 AM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
(Jorge Juarez) < King Solomon >
Mexico
Originally posted by: Bronty

Originally posted by: buttheadrulesagain

That is bullshit as well. 

I guess so long as no one here is burned do whatever you want. Problem is these games don't go away. We are shitting in our own pool and someone some where down the line will get burned with these very same games. When they trade hands two or three times and up buried in an untested as is lot on eBay we will see what people have to say then. The lot auction clearly stated as is untested no returns right?

Exactly. Although... if there's no definite proof that it's a reseal, we can't demonize the seller. He's been as honest as he can. On the other hand, that F2 should be destroyed (at least the label).

I am so effing tired of explaining this.   Not directed at you or Jone in particular but my god snes seals are the most consistent thing and thus the easiest to predict in the fricking world.    

1.  ANY licensed made in mexico or made in japan game has the vertical seam, period, or its not legit.

2.   any assembled in mexico / ie majesco rerelease must have a NON-h seam, of which there are several varieties.

3.   Super Noah's ark being unlicensed has no h-seam.

4.    Frogger, having been a release by majesco directly, has a different seam, similar to other majesco games (see #2).

That's it.   Everything you need to know about the way the entire fucking library is sealed in 4 lines.    

The box presented here is made in mexico.  By definition it MUST have the h-seam.   THEREFORE THIS IS GAME IS A RESEAL THERE IS NO EFFING QUESTION.    ANYBODY THAT KNOWS SNES FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND WOULD REALIZE THIS. 

THERE IS NO CHANCE VGA WILL GRADE THIS.     When they find themselves a little unsure, you know who they consult?  Myself, and bucky.   Since neither bucky nor I are retarded, anybody that submits this to VGA will get it shipped right back them.

GIVEN THIS NEW INFORMATION, IF THE SELLER IS HONORABLE HE WILL DESTROY THE WRAP AND LET THE BUYER BACK OUT.   THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT THIS IS FAKE AND IF THE SELLER WAS UNSURE, THERE IS NO LONGER ANY NEED TO BE UNSURE.    IF THE SELLER DOES NOT DESTROY THE SEAL THEN WE WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HIS INTENT WAS ALL ALONG.

OOOhhh, ok then. In that case, yeah, he should do that, definitely. I was a bit confused, because BA and laserman kept saying there was doubt. Sometimes I don't remember who are the ones who collect sealed, and are thus, more knowledgeable.

Edited: 10/24/2012 at 10:56 AM by buttheadrulesagain

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:36:49 AM
mlbfan10 (100)
(Jason Trogdon) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: USFLegend

VGA can grade sealed and complete but open. If the contents are all there, VGA will grade is as a qualified grade instead of a real sealed. If you look on ebay there are a few examples of these. They will say qualified on the label at the bottom from VGA. Some sellers unfortunately will list these as brand new VGA never used sealed items when in fact they have been opened. If all the contents are in this, VGA could get this a qualified grade.

Incorrect. VGA grades brand new games that are opened of which would be complete and those get the qualified distinction. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:38:13 AM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: mlbfan10

brand new games that are opened 

Mind, blown!

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:42:02 AM
mlbfan10 (100)
(Jason Trogdon) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: wrk

brand new games that are opened 

Mind, blown!

I'm sure its a sticky situation for VGA to do this but I hope they really have a way to test and see if games are actually new. If not then in reality anyone can send in a CIB and it get graded and say its new. I'm glad I collect sealed and not qualified.

Edited: 10/24/2012 at 11:42 AM by mlbfan10

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:40:50 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania

Incorrect. VGA grades brand new games that are opened of which would be complete and those get the qualified distinction. 

Yup, not sure how VGA goes about verifying that the games are brand new yet not sealed, but whatever.  If people are spending the bucks for the grade, then it really doesn't matter how legit it is anyway.

Regarding the game in question.  Most likely it is a reseal, atleast from what I have read on here as well as my own experience in this area.  On the other hand, though, Nintendo has done some pretty unexpected things with their licensed products, so I wouldn't totally dismiss the idea that this could be legit.  There are cases where Nintendo has done some pretty strange stuff,  going against what one would think, so although unlikely, it is definitely possible, especially with the late release.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:52:01 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: tracker465

Yup, not sure how VGA goes about verifying that the games are brand new yet not sealed, but whatever.  If people are spending the bucks for the grade, then it really doesn't matter how legit it is anyway.

Regarding the game in question.  Most likely it is a reseal, atleast from what I have read on here as well as my own experience in this area.  On the other hand, though, Nintendo has done some pretty unexpected things with their licensed products, so I wouldn't totally dismiss the idea that this could be legit.  There are cases where Nintendo has done some pretty strange stuff,  going against what one would think, so although unlikely, it is definitely possible, especially with the late release.

It is a sloppy seal so it isn't factory. There is a small chance that this is a store reseal of a new game but the box looks like it has some wear and has been opened to me. I'm not sure it would qualify as er um qualified. Not sure what VGA really looks for so I guess it is possible this will come back qualified but a lot of that depends on what VGA is looking for.

Oct 24, 2012 at 7:01:25 PM
Fantomex (216)
Pennsylvania
For a qulified game to be graded they actually do open the box and inspect the contents. The game must show no sogns of ever being played. They check the contacts. Theyll check all of the inserts. And I could be wrong but i believe there cant be a white line crease on the flap of the box