Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Everything is bigger in Texas except my collection Hey y'all. I'm new on here and my name is Dane.

Jun 25 at 10:17:13 PM
DaneTX (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
That sounds pretty cool. Do you use it? Seen it had great reviews on it. May have to be one of my next purchases.

Jun 26 at 11:43:35 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: DaneTX

That sounds pretty cool. Do you use it? Seen it had great reviews on it. May have to be one of my next purchases.

Indeed, I have one for my famicom, sega master system, and pc engine/turbografx16. its a great way for gamers who what to play those crazy expensive cartridge based games on the orginal hardware and try out fan translations, rom hacks, some homebrew, even prototypes. Down side is, if you get too many and spend more time flipping though menus finding something to play. :/

-------------------------
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Edited: 06/26/2019 at 11:46 AM by MuNKeY

Jul 01 at 2:55:53 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Welcome.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Jul 01 at 6:47:43 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Hey bud, welcome to the site.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jul 05 at 9:22:46 PM
kaiser (13)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio

Thanks for the warm welcome and the honesty of going after a full collection. I hadn't really thought too much about it. Space would be a huge thing as I probably could only fit about 500 on the current shelves I have. The money aspect would be absolutely insane now that I've seen what some games go for. Probably the most important is simply the large amount of filler games there are that just aren't really fun to play at all.

I've got tons of questions, but I'll check out some threads to see if I can find the answers there.

Out of curiosity, are there any rare games that y'all would suggest finding a reproduction for because they are that fun to play?

Welcome! Decide on what you want to collect and go for it! Maybe you love Contra, and want all of the Konami games or all 3 Contra games. Maybe all the puzzle games, I've been collecting NES for 8-9 years on and off as an adult and I am nearing the 600 game mark. I am going for as many as I can get since I love the system so much but it is not for everyone. 

I don't like adding to the repro market, but a lot of times the Japanese famicon version is cheaper and easy to play when you get a famicom adapter (castlemaniagames.com). 

For example Megaman 5 is an awesome game, but it runs 70-80 bucks, or you can get the japanese version shipped to USA for $20 or less. Ducktales 2 is $140-150, or $40 for Japanese. 

There are so many worthwhile games that are not super well known until you dig into the library and experience them yourself.

NES 647/767
My WTB Thread ==> http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Jul 05 at 9:56:00 PM
DaneTX (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
I had no idea about the adapter. I do the reproduction if it's an insane price. There are so many I simply have never heard of. As a kid I only had maybe 3-4 games, so some I enjoyed, I have no idea what the name was. Then of course there's the game's that use the zapper gun, which only works on older model TVs. Working on getting manuals and custom cases for what I do have. Trying to protect them a bit.

Do you have any game suggestions that are fun, but maybe fly under the radar?

Jul 06 at 8:22:11 PM
kaiser (13)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
most collectors know about these, but I like to share with newer collectors.

vice project doom
shatterhand
code name viper
trog!
rampart
shadow of the ninja
krazy kreatures
ninja crusaders
loopz
lone ranger
gremlins 2
kabuki quantum fighter
kickle cubicle
lolo (all 3)
arkistas ring

NES 647/767

Edited: 07/07/2019 at 04:34 PM by kaiser

Jul 06 at 8:35:37 PM
DaneTX (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Hadn't heard of most of those. Thanks.

Jul 07 at 4:34:20 PM
kaiser (13)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio

Hadn't heard of most of those. Thanks.

sorry they ran together like that, on my phone it looked like a column of titles, not all together, I'll fix it.

NES 647/767