Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2015 Weekly Contests Presents: Double Dragon 2 Contest ends Sunday, 8/2/15 at 11 PM NA time

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:40:07 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
(Beady Eyed Man Boy) < Lolo Lord >
New Jersey
Score updated

Edited: 07/29/2015 at 09:21 PM by BriGuy82

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:32:31 AM
cdbblw (50)
(B rad the man) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
i got a sub 28,000 tonight going to try for a little better

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:20:51 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
I might try and play through the entire game sometime today just for fun to see what I end up with.

-------------------------
2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:40:29 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: CLAYB1RD

Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Originally posted by: BriGuy82

Arch, we all know you're the genius of the group. You made us a damage chart for christ sakes. That makes u Donatello, I'm obviously Michelangelo, Claybird is Raphael, Doug is Leonardo, and Arnpoly is April.

I'm almost afraid to ask how I got to be Leonardo, but at least it beats being Arnpoly O'Neil.

lmao, that is awesome and I'm completely fine with being Ralph (always used him in Tournament Fighter)

It took me all day to think of a suitable reply to this, but ....

I think I should at least be Splinter since I schooled you all the last time we played this!

Doug doesn't count he wasn't in our tier. 

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Jul 29, 2015 at 10:01:12 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: arnpoly

I think I should at least be Splinter since I schooled you all the last time we played this!

Consider yourself lucky.

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:23:03 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
New Jersey

Originally posted by: CLAYB1RD

Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Arch, we all know you're the genius of the group. You made us a damage chart for christ sakes. That makes u Donatello, I'm obviously Michelangelo, Claybird is Raphael, Doug is Leonardo, and Arnpoly is April.

I'm almost afraid to ask how I got to be Leonardo, but at least it beats being Arnpoly O'Neil.

lmao, that is awesome and I'm completely fine with being Ralph (always used him in Tournament Fighter)

Aww shit, it's on! Arnpoly, you wanna go grudge match style this week? Loser would have to be referred to as April for the rest of the season.

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:24:03 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Any hints for taking down the asshole at the end of mission 5? He always seems to bully me to the edge and just throws me off....

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:18:31 PM
arnpoly (110)
Illinois

Aww shit, it's on! Arnpoly, you wanna go grudge match style this week? Loser would have to be referred to as April for the rest of the season.

Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to catch you at the pace you're already at.  I don't have near as much time to play now as I did when we played this in the tournament.  The only time I get to play is after my wife and baby daughter go to bed AND after I've finished my honey-do list.  I'd be really lucky to be able to get in even just one attempt every night.  Most nights I don't get a chance to play at all and my weekends are just completely shot.

But having said all that, I'm not about to back down from a direct challenge so I'll take you on!  You better bring it though because it will look pretty bad on you if I'm somehow able to win! 

Take On The NES Library!

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:27:53 PM
arnpoly (110)
Illinois
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

Any hints for taking down the asshole at the end of mission 5? He always seems to bully me to the edge and just throws me off....

It's not conducive to keeping your score low, but for the sake of progressing learn your hurricane kicks, uppercuts, and flying knees!  I find uppercuts to be both "easy" after practice to pull off and effective at getting a hit in most of the time.  Flying knees are the most powerful move in the game but I am unable to consistently pull them off.  Jump "into" the enemy so that they duck and do the move and you'll hit them just as they stand up.

Take On The NES Library!

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:34:18 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

If you mean the Abobos that are on the top of the cliff after you climb up the vine, the simplest thing is to back them up close to the edge and knock them off with a cyclone kick. A jump kick would be better for minimum points, but the cyclone kick is less risky.

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:51:33 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Hate to break it to you, but that is only halfway through Mission 5... and there is a second Abobo to fight in that spot after you kill the first.

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:20:41 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
New Jersey

Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to catch you at the pace you're already at.  I don't have near as much time to play now as I did when we played this in the tournament.  The only time I get to play is after my wife and baby daughter go to bed AND after I've finished my honey-do list.  I'd be really lucky to be able to get in even just one attempt every night.  Most nights I don't get a chance to play at all and my weekends are just completely shot.

But having said all that, I'm not about to back down from a direct challenge so I'll take you on!  You better bring it though because it will look pretty bad on you if I'm somehow able to win! 

Don't try that mental jiu jitsu on me pal, I'm the underdog here not you! I've yet to best you in anything related to Double Dragon or Battletoads. I have one more stipulation too, the loser has to change their avatar pic to April. Preferably the hot Comic-Con April with the huge rack.

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:20:43 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Hate to break it to you, but that is only halfway through Mission 5... and there is a second Abobo to fight in that spot after you kill the first.

Unless he means that the McBain looking guy at the end keeps knocking him off the tractor although there's no need to fight him on top of it.

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:21:52 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Don't try that mental jiu jitsu on me pal, I'm the underdog here not you! I've yet to best you in anything related to Double Dragon or Battletoads. I have one more stipulation too, the loser has to change their avatar pic to April. Preferably the hot Comic-Con April with the huge rack.

This needs to happen!

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:32:27 PM
arnpoly (110)
Illinois

Now now you can't just go changing the rules after I agree! 

It's true that I'm really good at Battletoads!  (Just NES though!)  I had to go back to when we played Double Dragon and I was surprised that I placed higher than you that week.  The only reason I did so well in DD2 before was that I played about 3 hours every day that whole week.  I was terrible when the first couple of days ... I'm pretty sure the first day I couldn't make it through Mission 3 not even once.  So yeah, I think you'll best me this week simply because of the lack of time, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna try my best!

Take On The NES Library!

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:08:30 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
New Jersey
Ok, so we've come to a gentleman's agreement... Huge jugs April it is!

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:38:23 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Ok, so we've come to a gentleman's agreement... Huge jugs April it is!

I guess it's a good thing that I'm retired now so I can't get dragged into this bet!

Edited: 07/29/2015 at 08:05 PM by bearcat-doug

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:16:22 PM
ninjistar (29)
(Mr E ) < El Ripper >
California

My name is ninjistar and I approve this message.  Very much so! I may change my avatar to that too for no reason at all hahahahaha

On the hunt for prototypes...

Eat, sleep, collect, repeat.
[ YouTube ]   [ Twitter ]   [ Blog ]   [ RF Generation ]   [ VGCollect ]   [ NA WTB

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:18:16 PM
ninjistar (29)
(Mr E ) < El Ripper >
California

I usually do a well-timed jump kick or two to take them out. 

On the hunt for prototypes...

Eat, sleep, collect, repeat.
[ YouTube ]   [ Twitter ]   [ Blog ]   [ RF Generation ]   [ VGCollect ]   [ NA WTB

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:00:06 PM
cdbblw (50)
Virginia
13690  completed

Edited: 08/02/2015 at 12:18 PM by cdbblw

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:20:23 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
New Jersey
Score updated

Edited: 08/02/2015 at 10:38 PM by BriGuy82

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:25:15 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
New Jersey
Originally posted by: cdbblw

ok guys I finally got a pretty good score i will post in few days but I will say its sub 25K

I'm thinking my goal by the end of the week is gonna be anywhere from 23-25k.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:26:36 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
New Jersey
And to no death this bitch finally

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:50:54 PM
cdbblw (50)
Virginia
yeah I was on my last life on my lowest score run I was kicking a lot more and getting hit more

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:38:20 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
25,300 (Mission 6)

Obviously not going for low score, just trying to beat it. I was doing OK until this game turned into Castlevania....