Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Introduction New to NintendoAge? Come in and introduce yourself!

Oct 5, 2006 at 7:34:38 PM
RJ (0)
(Randal Gelking) < Cherub >
Minnesota
Hey, The Shawn is in the house!

A good man, The Shawn is. He's helped feed my NES addiction.

Oct 5, 2006 at 10:48:57 PM
RJ (0)
(Randal Gelking) < Cherub >
Minnesota
Is "Pleasant Gap" anywhere close to "Intercourse"?

Oct 6, 2006 at 10:51:16 AM
rbudrick (4)
(Rob Budrick) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Hampshire
I'm Rob MuthaEffing Budrick. Sup.

-Rob

-------------------------
I am the god of Hellfire and I bring you FIRE!

Oct 6, 2006 at 12:37:11 PM
mindlesspunk77 (0)
(paul truitt) < Junior Member >
Pennsylvania
hey everyone the name is paul. i used to run a store called games 2 go. but it closed i still sell just on forums and ebay now. i found this link on dp been a member there for 2 or 3 years i believe. been collecting nes for 4 or 5 years now. have somwhere between 550 and 600 titles. always looking for stuff i dont have. if any of you go to philly classic/vgxpo or ecgx im sure weve done buisness! well yeah there you have it haha oh yeah im 23

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:29:41 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Well I guess I should introduce myself also. I am Jason from Knoxville, I am about to be 26 years old. I have been a fan of NES since I was like 5 years old.

I like Dain am a hardcore NES collector and love all things NES. I am so glad this site is really starting to come together, and that Dain asked me to help him with it.

It is so good to see so many familar faces here also. I know most of the members from either name recognition, or from personal dealings. Glad to have everyone on board with us.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Oct 6, 2006 at 8:05:43 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Hi,
I'm Josh. 23 years old and WAS a hardcore collector. I sold everything because of school and life...

I still know quite a bit about NES and am always fascinated by this shit. I am ALWAYS up to talk about it, so feel free to PM, AIM or email me.

If anyone is into investigating old NES companies let me know, i'm down for calling random people. Since i have no funds i am really interested in documenting everything NES. Thanks for the great site Dain and I hope everyone has something great to contribute.

-Josh

eBay listings here

Oct 8, 2006 at 9:11:58 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Hey Josh, did you ever call those numbers me and you tracked down about the Myriad info? Hit me up on AIM sometime so we can talk.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Oct 9, 2006 at 6:12:01 PM
kralleman (13)
(Kristofer Hansson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Sweden
Maybe I should introduce myself too... I'm Kristofer from Sweden. 23 years old. When I was a kid I wished for a SMS for christmas because that was what my closests friends had. I also got it, even though my dad thought it was a total waste of money since we had a PC with lots of cool games on. My friends and I often bought (got) different games as we (and our parents) knew we would be borrowing from each other. Anyways, I never had a NES back in the days (though many other friends had one, and I would go there to play too), and I guess I'm trying to make up for that now.
I already visit this GREAT site regularly, and it will be fun to watch it grow. Keep up the good work!

kralleman

Oct 12, 2006 at 12:14:35 AM
Nistle (94)
(Dustin Lett) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
The names Dustin im 18 and am from North Carolina and i am very much into collecting nes games and rarities. im always looking to make some good deals so hit me up.

NES Collection: 83.73% Completed

Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Oct 17, 2006 at 3:25:09 PM
JC (7)

< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Hello, all. Jerah, 22, from DC metro here. Well, from DC for about two more months and then I'll be Jerah from Albuquerque metro. I'm not really a collector, per se, so we'll see how handy this site can be. I do it strictly for the gaming. Anyway, awesome site, Dain. It'll should come in handy for all the NES/Famicom crossover I've been documenting.

Oct 18, 2006 at 7:39:53 PM
JordanMacNamara (22)
(Jordan MacNamara) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Hi,a lot of you know me from over at nesworld.I have been collecting for around 3 years now.I remember buying an nes just to play zelda again but have been hooked ever since.It`s cost me a lot of money but it`s been worth every penny.

Oct 19, 2006 at 7:25:38 PM
Gamefreak (1)
(Clint Shelton) < Crack Trooper >
California
Hey all,
I'm 29 and have been playing NES since I was a kid. Got the roms about 6 years ago and got into collecting about 10 months ago. I have made up for lost time

I have roughly 500 NES games now. I live in arguably the flea market \ thift store capital of the world. (Central California) I also drive a lot as part of my job so this has allowed me to cover a lot of gound looking for those little grey tresures. My eyehas become trained to the point now where I swear I can spot a NES game at a flea market from 30 yards away.

The best single piece of advice I can offer to fellow noob collectors like myself: ASK, ASK, and ASK SOME MORE. Asking someone if they have, or know where to get NES carts will cost you nothing. Trust me on this one and you can thank me later

I look foward to talking shop with everyone. Long live the NES!!

up up, down down, left right left right, B A, Start

Everything in the universe revolves around this code.

Oct 24, 2006 at 6:15:15 PM
atrachsel (1)
(Adam Trachsel) < Cherub >
Ontario
Greetings,

Well i have been an avid NES collector for a while. I grew up on the Atari, and the Nintendo. I really don't have a huge collection yet, but i'm getting there. Along with tthe way collecting as many NES games as i can i have managed to start grabbing and collecting bits and pieces of other systems.

I love collecting, and i love finding that rare or title that i havent seen before.

Adam

Honourable Traders

MrMark0673 - www.rfgeneration.com...
Commander Campkill - www.nesfiles.com...
NintendoHaven - www.nesforums.net...
Albailey- www.cgcc.ca...

Nov 2, 2006 at 3:51:32 PM
extrarice (0)
(Jon Signor) < Cherub >
California
Hey all. Found this site after being outbid on an ebay auction by NintendoAge.
(I hope to see scans of those developer company newsletters
)
As for myself, I wouldn't consider myself a hard-core collector (collecting every single variation of every single hardware and software), but I do collect hardware, software and bits of the obscure (such as rare oddball Dreamcast VMUs). I'm up to 16 consoles and still looking to expand.

Edited: 11/02/2006 at 03:52 PM by extrarice

Nov 4, 2006 at 8:03:49 PM
Glass Joe (0)
(aaron whallon) < Junior Member >
New York
Hello. I started collecting NES games with a buddy of mine during high school back in 1998. We both stopped collecting when college started and our funds depleted. Now that I'm out of college and working I figured I'd take up collecting again. I've been an NES fan since 1987 when I started kindergarten. I used to come home in the afternoons and play Zelda. Don't know what it is, but there's always been something special about the NES.

Nov 5, 2006 at 1:33:37 AM
polarz (0)
(Ryan W.) < Cherub >
Iowa
Hello everyone, my name is Ryan and I'm currently living in West Des Moines, IA. I've been a big fan of all things related to consoles, but have a special place in my heart for the Atari 2600, NES and SNES. Over the last 10 years I've been more involved on the emulation side of collecting, but have recently started to pick up some NES carts. I'm planning on continuing to pick up carts as long as my wallet & woman can handle it....

I'm so happy because today I found my friends, they're in my head.

Nov 12, 2006 at 3:03:47 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
It's been more than interesting watching this website being built in the last couple of months. It looks awesome Dain.

Some of you already know me. I am Nick and I am 19 years old, which makes me the youngest poster in this thread thus far. I live in Mullica Hill New Jersey. I have over 600 licensed NES games and around 300 of them are complete. I do not collect unlicensed games, for some reason I just don't have a very big interest in them. I also collect N64 games on the side.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Nov 30, 2006 at 10:38:11 AM
Dougie_Murder (0)
(Dougie Murder) < Junior Member >
Ontario

Hi everyone! My name is Dougie and Im from Toronto, Canada.

Over the years ive had quite a few systems but none compare to the NES for me! I started out with about 10 nes games from when i was a kid and then decided to start collecting!
Ive been collecting for a little under a year i guess and i have 365 nes games 20 of those are complete!
Look forward to contributing to the forums and helping out anyway i can!!

Rock!
Dougs

Edited: 11/30/2006 at 10:52 AM by Dougie_Murder

Jan 19, 2007 at 1:35:21 PM
brideck (10)
(Brian Decker) < Eggplant Wizard >
Minnesota
Hi all. I'm Brian and I am coming at you from Rochester, MN for the time being.

I never had a Nintendo growing up (I was an Apple II kid), but I certainly got a lot of play time in at my friends' houses. About 3 years ago, I downloaded an emulator and some ROMs and became hooked. A little over 2 years ago, I decided to scrap the emulator and just go for the real thing.

I'm what you could call a slow-core collector. I don't have loads of money to spend, but I'm serious about trying to get anything and everything I can get my hands on. I only have 58 games so far, but 45 of those are complete.

Additionally, I've decided to attempt to collect in roughly chronological order. I'm no strict chronogamer by any stretch of the imagination, but I enjoy seeing the evolution of things over time. I currently have 36 of the first 50 games, including some semi-rarities like Volleyball, DK Jr., and Clu Clu Land CIB. I just bought Stack-Up last night for what I think is a reasonable eBay price, so I'm pretty stoked for its arrival.

To complete the first 50, I still need to get my hands on some toughies like Donkey Kong, DK Jr. Math, and early Bandai games like Chubby Cherub. Hopefully I'll be able to snag some of those in March/April when I get my bonus/tax refund.

Anyway, I think this site's shaping up to be the best NES resource on the web. I appreciate all the work that's been going into it. Maybe I'll even have something worth contributing to it at some point down the road.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I opened a sealed -1 copy of Athletic World a couple of months ago. If you're interested in knowing the contents, the_wizard_666, please drop me a PM.

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:15:23 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Welcome and congrats on getting addicted like the rest of us! :-)

Oh one other thing I wish you luck on the Chubby Cherub box!!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:19:12 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Braveheart69Oh one other thing I wish you luck on the Chubby Cherub box!!

LOL, what he really means is, "I'm gonna outbid yer ass on the next Chubby Cherub box that shows up on eBay!"

Oh, and welcome!

-Dain

Edited: 01/19/2007 at 03:26 PM by Dain

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:22:59 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
...Now Dain I was trying to be nice... but YES you are correct sir!!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:27:42 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I can't wait to see the next one that shows up -- I think it's going to be total anarchy

-Dain

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:53:44 PM
brideck (10)
(Brian Decker) < Eggplant Wizard >
Minnesota
Thanks for the welcome.

There are so many other things that I need to get that I think I can safely say I won't be trying to outbid you (or any of the others that need it) on that box anytime soon unless I win the lottery.

However, if it shows up as a $10.00 BIN from some unsuspecting seller...

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:58:13 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
That is why I check eBay about 4-5 times a day for Chubby Cherub!!
I am sure someday it will happen and that person can then gloat in the "Finders Keepers" thread on here!