NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The final Wii game ever, a true rarity

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:48:15 PM
PrinceOfBrains (4)
(Tim Allen) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Originally posted by: LastCat

The Wii version is THE best version out there, don't bother with the Wii U version. Don't even look, touch or think about the 3DS version either, it sucks horribly.
I opened my LE edition just to play the Wii version and trust me it's worth it. If you don't want to open it you can always check if gamestop has a pre-owned copy with the wii version included (probably not).

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, I bought Rodea without knowing a lot about it because I'm a huge Sega/Yuji Naka/NiGHTS fanboy and I knew I was gonna own this game one way or another. I pre-ordered it and got the one that says "BONUS GAME INSIDE" (haven't even opened the damn thing yet, I've been so busy) - that's the Wii version, right? Did I get both with this game? That would be awesome, if the Wii version is that much better I'd love to be able to play them both.

-------------------------
https://videotron2000.wordpress.com/ - Video-Tron 2000: LASER-BLOG OF THE FUTURE!
Newest Post: Dreamcast GDEMU Video Review

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:04:47 PM
ZedIsDead (0)
(Chris ) < Crack Trooper >
Maine
Originally posted by: PrinceOfBrains
You'll have to pardon my ignorance, I bought Rodea without knowing a lot about it because I'm a huge Sega/Yuji Naka/NiGHTS fanboy and I knew I was gonna own this game one way or another. I pre-ordered it and got the one that says "BONUS GAME INSIDE" (haven't even opened the damn thing yet, I've been so busy) - that's the Wii version, right? Did I get both with this game? That would be awesome, if the Wii version is that much better I'd love to be able to play them both.

Yes, I have that version and it includes the Wii game.

I stream games sometimes: https://www.twitch.tv/zedisdead

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:44:17 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico

The Wii version is THE best version out there, don't bother with the Wii U version. Don't even look, touch or think about the 3DS version either, it sucks horribly.
I opened my LE edition just to play the Wii version and trust me it's worth it. If you don't want to open it you can always check if gamestop has a pre-owned copy with the wii version included (probably not).

Correct, first print copies of rodea bring the wii version included. Play the Wii version for best experience. That said the Wii U version and Wii are different, not the same game so you might enjoy both games but do not look at the 3DS version. The 3DS version is the worst out of the three,

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:55:02 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Ozzy_98

Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Funny, I thought a game being fun was part of it too. So I apperently collected Zelda on nes due to hype or nostalga, not because it's awesome gameplay wise.
And then there was that Blue Thunder I boguht the other month, a three figure game no one wants and has 0 hype about it, but was the last in the set, and by far the rarest.

That's certainly part of it, but there's a metric gigaton of hype and nostalgia surrounding anything and everything Zelda whether you played it as a kid or not. No doubt fun is a factor, but the main driving force behind the collectible nature of this hobby is current hype and nostalgia, otherwise if it was just about fun then the PS1 / PS2 scene would be hotter than the surface of the sun right now.

Rare games can be fun too. Bonk's Adventure, Little Samson, Power Blade 2, Super Star Fox Weekend, Donkey Kong Country Competition, Nintendo World Championships, just to name the few obvious ones.
How fun a game is, plus how rare it is, are the main driving forces behind the hype though, otherwise it's just another thread\video about a game.  IT it was pure hype due to people "famous" for example, dr. jekyll & mr hyde would be all the rage thanks to avgn. Not many people are nostalgic about bad games for example.

And PS1/PS2 has an advantage.  The PS1 sold about twice the consoles of nes, PS2 sold almost 3 times. Almost 30 million copes of GTA:SA were sold, making it on par with super mario\duck hunt. PS1/2 games are just more common than nes games, so that'll always keep their price down.  

ill give you that. But then there are things like the original post. Hyped up stuff that are collectible for collectors sake and no gameplay or historical benefit other than being "the last" or "rare"

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:16:09 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
^ thats because donkey kong math has such historical importance and great gameplay that makes it so valuable today, not because its rare.

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:28:07 PM
Mr.NES (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
What's a "Wii" ?

Want to serve as tech aide to a middle-aged Luddite and/or listen to drunken ramblings?

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:38:20 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
DK Math is important somewhat though.

- Is Donkey Kong
- Is a Black Box
- Is on the NES which is full of fullset collectors

So, yeah it's not Zelda...but it's not JUST collectible for collectors sake.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:42:11 PM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio

Funny, I thought a game being fun was part of it too. So I apperently collected Zelda on nes due to hype or nostalga, not because it's awesome gameplay wise.
And then there was that Blue Thunder I boguht the other month, a three figure game no one wants and has 0 hype about it, but was the last in the set, and by far the rarest.

That's certainly part of it, but there's a metric gigaton of hype and nostalgia surrounding anything and everything Zelda whether you played it as a kid or not. No doubt fun is a factor, but the main driving force behind the collectible nature of this hobby is current hype and nostalgia, otherwise if it was just about fun then the PS1 / PS2 scene would be hotter than the surface of the sun right now.

Rare games can be fun too. Bonk's Adventure, Little Samson, Power Blade 2, Super Star Fox Weekend, Donkey Kong Country Competition, Nintendo World Championships, just to name the few obvious ones.
How fun a game is, plus how rare it is, are the main driving forces behind the hype though, otherwise it's just another thread\video about a game.  IT it was pure hype due to people "famous" for example, dr. jekyll & mr hyde would be all the rage thanks to avgn. Not many people are nostalgic about bad games for example.

And PS1/PS2 has an advantage.  The PS1 sold about twice the consoles of nes, PS2 sold almost 3 times. Almost 30 million copes of GTA:SA were sold, making it on par with super mario\duck hunt. PS1/2 games are just more common than nes games, so that'll always keep their price down.  

ill give you that. But then there are things like the original post. Hyped up stuff that are collectible for collectors sake and no gameplay or historical benefit other than being "the last" or "rare"
The same was for the Lunar Silver Star Story Ghaleon Puppets long ago, the price of theose have actually dropped.  That's the problem with hype vs substance, hype wears off. Ask Dikatana and Duke Nukem Forever. And who collects fabel stuff now?

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:18:08 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
I don't see any historical significance with this game. It's 99% the last Wii game with nothing else scheduled to come out this point. Surely a new Just Dance 2017 or something could pop out next year, but it's really pushing 10 years in the Wii's lifetime with Wii U already running out of life. I won't argue this game will one day be valuable, I'm just looking at it as a title so late in the Wii's life that appears to be only be getting sold at GameStop's. No one knows how many Wii collectors there will be in 5, 10 or 20 years from now, but this could be one of the games that is tougher to come across down the road, as are almost every game by this publisher.

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:24:08 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio

DK Math is important somewhat though.

- Is Donkey Kong
- Is a Black Box
- Is on the NES which is full of fullset collectors

So, yeah it's not Zelda...but it's not JUST collectible for collectors sake.

Well, there's no way to say for certain what the future will look like. No point saying there will or won't be Wii collectors in 20 years, it's the most selling (by far) Nintendo system ever, so it has a base of users, I can't imagine no one will collect Wii games ever in the history of the world. But as you mentioned, DK Math is collectible because it's a black box. That was an organic concept of collectors to go for that sub-category of those 30 games. The PS2 could one day have a craze where people go after the "blue disc early titles" or Wii's "horse games" as some examples. Look at PS1's longboxes. There's a LOT of people now collecting those and as PS1 gets older, it's becoming more and more clear that a) making that set is not so easy and b) this was something that people probably didn't "go out of their way to assemble" 10 or 15 years ago. Anything can and will happen in this hobby.

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:09:42 PM
PrinceOfBrains (4)
(Tim Allen) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan

Correct, first print copies of rodea bring the wii version included. Play the Wii version for best experience. That said the Wii U version and Wii are different, not the same game so you might enjoy both games but do not look at the 3DS version. The 3DS version is the worst out of the three,

That's really interesting, actually. Is it totally different as far as levels and everything, or does it just control differently or something?  

https://videotron2000.wordpress.com/ - Video-Tron 2000: LASER-BLOG OF THE FUTURE!
Newest Post: Dreamcast GDEMU Video Review

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:02:22 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico

That's really interesting, actually. Is it totally different as far as levels and everything, or does it just control differently or something?  

Some things change like for example in the Wii version you can power up to three times and just like mario if you get hit 4 times you die. In the Wii U verison the game sports an HP bar. There are obstacles exclusive to the wii version  and the enemies are faster too.

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:17:59 AM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
It's crazy that there are no copies of this game listed on eBay. I know it's not rare, but you would think there would be some listed. My buddy has b1g1 50% on new games today. He has Rodea with the original Wii game so I may get that and this and offset some of the Rodea cost.

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:37:57 AM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Speaking of Rodea, are there two different seals for this game? I just left my Walmart and they have 3 copies but all are loosely shrink wrapped. They look really poor as far as the seal. They have the "bonus game" sticker on it so it hasn't been reseated, but it looks awful. I'm going to check the one at my friend's shop closer but I don't recall it looking that bad not being sealed in that manner.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:36:54 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Originally posted by: smokinjoe24

Speaking of Rodea, are there two different seals for this game? I just left my Walmart and they have 3 copies but all are loosely shrink wrapped. They look really poor as far as the seal. They have the "bonus game" sticker on it so it hasn't been reseated, but it looks awful. I'm going to check the one at my friend's shop closer but I don't recall it looking that bad not being sealed in that manner.
They have this weird seal on them and the "free bonus game" sticker on them, the only one with the game but no sticker is the NIS america collector's edition and that also has a weird seal.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:25:16 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Yeah, by friend's seals were the same way. I hate they are so poorly sealed. That will tear easily.

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:54:19 PM
JCE3000GT (4)
(J E) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Saw several at 2 local GameStops and for too much money I might add. If it was cheap I would of grabbed one.

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:19:53 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Originally posted by: JCE3000GT

Saw several at 2 local GameStops and for too much money I might add. If it was cheap I would of grabbed one.
I only saw one copy of let's sing on one gamestop.

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:37:30 AM
GCrites80s (0)
(G Crites) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Don't forget Skylanders. Skylnaders have already helped the Wii rise from it's grave once already and the next one might make it's way onto the Wii as well.

Feb 13, 2016 at 6:48:26 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Thought I'd bump this. Still none listed on eBay. I haven't looked for this lately. Anyone else noticed if these are Still out there?

Edited: 02/13/2016 at 06:48 PM by smokinjoe24

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:34:57 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
There are still a lot of new copies around my local gamestops. I'll see if I can get my hands on one of these since all the gamestops where I live will close down and have a 30 percent discount on everything new.

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:04:05 PM
ulasamosa (280)
(James Ulizza) < Bowser >
Ohio
I can tell you this game was recalled for one reason or another. We carried it for a week or so at Best Buy, got the internal memo that it had been recalled by the manufacturer due to "quality concerns" or something similar and to pull all copies and send back. The item was pulled from stock, change to deleted status in inventory and we never saw it again. Sadly I can't shed anymore light as that's the only info I have but I was curious when I first saw the memo if this would end up valuable or not

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:39:34 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Originally posted by: ulasamosa

I can tell you this game was recalled for one reason or another. We carried it for a week or so at Best Buy, got the internal memo that it had been recalled by the manufacturer due to "quality concerns" or something similar and to pull all copies and send back. The item was pulled from stock, change to deleted status in inventory and we never saw it again. Sadly I can't shed anymore light as that's the only info I have but I was curious when I first saw the memo if this would end up valuable or not
That's weird, only Best Buy did this?

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:45:23 PM
ulasamosa (280)
(James Ulizza) < Bowser >
Ohio

Originally posted by: ulasamosa

That's weird, only Best Buy did this?

Dunno.  All I know is the week it came in is the same week it was recalled for us.  Ill see if I can find the old memo when Im at work tomorrow

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:29:50 PM
The Questyen (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
It was pulled from Gamestop's website also and it was definitely being sold there at launch because I saw it in stores so it most likely got recalled. They also released it in bundle with a microphone form and game only.