Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

2 things....

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:27:41 PM
kirbybirby (88)
(KB ) < El Ripper >
United States
1. You guys should really make an app for this site. Every time I go to reply to a post on my phone it doesn't work. For some reason I can't type anything in the little boxes... And the site isn't even mobile so that makes it way harder too. Or you guys could make a mobile version of this site. I can try to help with that... But I'm not much of a developer or whatever. 

2. This is probably already on here but I haven't found it yet... where can I go to see all my posts I've ever posted? If I can. 

-------------------------
Got Kirby? PM me! 

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:29:56 PM
GhostNinja (28)
(Josh B.) < El Ripper >
United Kingdom
1. Try pressing the <> button when trying to type a message. That worked for me on my old phone and let me type normally. It's on the right side of the bar of options on the actual posting page.

2. Click your name in the top right of any forum page, where it says Welcome back, Username!. Then, on your profile page, on the left, just above your Avatar and the "Member since" bar are Threads Posted In and Threads Started buttons.

Edited: 11/28/2011 at 12:31 PM by GhostNinja

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:41:38 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada
works fine on WIndows Phone

Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:44:29 PM
ookii_risu (66)
(Tonya B) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
On my iPhone I can type in the Quick Reply box, but I can't type in the Quote or Reply boxes. An app would be nice.

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:42:56 PM
GhostNinja (28)
(Josh B.) < El Ripper >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: ookii_risu

On my iPhone I can type in the Quick Reply box, but I can't type in the Quote or Reply boxes. An app would be nice.

Try what I said. I used to have an iPhone, and if you press the <> button on the quote/reply page it says that it changes to WYSIWYG mode or something to that effect. Then you can type perfectly fine.

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:43:50 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: GhostNinja

Try what I said. I used to have an iPhone, and if you press the <> button on the quote/reply page it says that it changes to WYSIWYG mode or something to that effect. Then you can type perfectly fine.

Yep this will clear up that problem for you iphone users.

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:20:00 PM
spoonman (66)
(Matt - The Obsessed Gamer) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Originally posted by: maximus_clean

works fine on WIndows Phone

Thank god something works on it.

I noticed it works on occasion with the iPhone using the Firefox Home app, but switching to
<> always works.

An iOS app would be nice, but I'm not sure it's worth them paying a yearly Apple License fee for.

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:22:58 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Originally posted by: kirbybirby

1. You guys should really make an app for this site. Every time I go to reply to a post on my phone it doesn't work. For some reason I can't type anything in the little boxes... And the site isn't even mobile so that makes it way harder too. Or you guys could make a mobile version of this site. I can try to help with that... But I'm not much of a developer or whatever. 

2. This is probably already on here but I haven't found it yet... where can I go to see all my posts I've ever posted? If I can. 

Ever tried http://mobile.nintendoage.com/... ?

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:23:32 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
http://www.nintendoage.com/index....

Two buttons, one for all threads posted in and one for all threads started.

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:29:45 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: spoonman

An iOS app would be nice, but I'm not sure it's worth them paying a yearly Apple License fee for.

I'm sure nobody is worried about the $99/year fee...It's more likely the amount of time required to create a native iPhone app that would tap into the site.

I browse NA's non-mobile site using an iPhone on a daily basis and it's fine for the most part.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:46:48 PM
removed04092017 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Bowser >
Other
Gotta love trying to bend the makers of the site instead of blaming the real problem, your phones bad browser.

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:29:41 PM
kirbybirby (88)
(KB ) < El Ripper >
United States
I wasn't going against the creators of this site or whatever. I have a droid charge so that's not really a "bad" phone or browser. Im just saying, an app or a mobile site would be very helpful. I would actually use this site SO much more.

And thanks for helping me with the other thing. Finding all my posts makes life so much easier.

Got Kirby? PM me! 

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:54:23 PM
ookii_risu (66)
(Tonya B) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania

Thanks a lot for that! Works perfectly. I feel liberated

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:19:48 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Originally posted by: kirbybirby

I wasn't going against the creators of this site or whatever. I have a droid charge so that's not really a "bad" phone or browser. Im just saying, an app or a mobile site would be very helpful. I would actually use this site SO much more.

And thanks for helping me with the other thing. Finding all my posts makes life so much easier.

Please understand most, if not all of you, are not bashing you for suggesting it.

however, one thing most people don't know is that NintendoAge and SegaAge are both from the hard work of 1, YES 1, man.  Dain!

Well, I think an app for an Iphone or a droid phone would be amazing, honestly it comes down to a matter of how much time does one man have. 

Did you try mobile.nintendoage.com?

Thanks

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:24:50 PM
GhostNinja (28)
(Josh B.) < El Ripper >
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot for that! Works perfectly. I feel liberated

No problem. The more people that can use NA without problems the better.

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:08:00 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Any iPhone developers want to take on the project?

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:47:35 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
I was at an American Marketing Association luncheon a few months ago, and a local agency advised that instead of making Apps for websites it is better to make the site more mobile/tablet friendly. Most, if not everyone, uses a browser on phones/tablets/ipads etc and what not. With that said - NA's website is VERY mobile and tablet friendly. You just have to know how to use it - that, and there is a mobile site fo NA.

My personal opinion about companies looking for another means to brand themselves - do not build an App - totally unecessary.

I typed this all with my iPad.

eBay listings here